Confirmed with Link: Markus Nutivaara traded to FLA for Cliff Pu

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
4877EEB9-24A9-43BA-B276-59F9C8768F2F.jpeg

I kid you not, last night at about 3am I couldn't sleep and was randomly watching CBJ vids. I typed in Nuti's name on youtube and watched like 3 vids of him, then not even 12 hours later he's traded. of all people on the roster ... odd.

this one stings me a little. always had a soft spot for nutsack. seems like a genuine guy and was a big fan of his game despite his play dropping off in the last year and a half or so.

best of luck in my home state Markus!

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
just messin man — it’s been a wack day

also, I hassled Socks for the same thing in another thread

It will be very interesting to see who is the big fish that Columbus is after tomorrow. Should be another wack day for you guys.

It's weird to see Columbus without any non goalie Finnish players so I expect one of Laine or Mikael Granlund to arrive. Then again Jarmo is a Finnish terminator nowadays, as in eliminating his countrymen one by one from the team nowadays :) so we'll see.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Florida fan: Good luck tomorrow fellow often after thought NHL fans! Today was crazy (who would have thought that Nuti was not the best defenseman given away), but it looks like tomorrow will be the most interesting day in Columbus history :)

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm obviously not heartbroken about trading Nuti, not only did he fall out of favor with Torts behind Kukan, Gavrikov, and maybe even Peeke and Harrington, but just giving him away for an absolute nothing? That boggles my mind.

I get the clear intention of this trade was to clear cap. So I'll reserve my questions for this (and Murray) deal for after I see what happens. But this is weird. Not even a pick?

Reactions: MoeBartoli

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I'm obviously not heartbroken about trading Nuti, not only did he fall out of favor with Torts behind Kukan, Gavrikov, and maybe even Peeke and Harrington, but just giving him away for an absolute nothing? That boggles my mind.

I get the clear intention of this trade was to clear cap. So I'll reserve my questions for this (and Murray) deal for after I see what happens. But this is weird. Not even a pick?
Probably not but here's hoping this was a favor for Zito and in the future, Zito returns a favor for Columbus, if Columbus has interest in a player.

Reactions: thebus88

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Cost of cap and probably the fact that Nuti is between a 4-5 defenseman signed for 2.7

Reactions: thebus88

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I can't get over how bad this Nutivaara cap dump was. Jarmo found a "gem" in the 7th round of the 2015 draft. Nuti has played more NHL games than any 2015 draftee selected after the 2nd round (the 15 most games of 2015 draftee, even) and Jarmo traded him for an ECHLer, who has less value than a 2021 7th round pick, more or less.

It's absolutely horrendous asset management.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I can't get over how bad this Nutivaara cap dump was. Jarmo found a "gem" in the 7th round of the 2015 draft. Nuti has played more NHL games than any 2015 draftee selected after the 2nd round (the 15 most games of 2015 draftee, even) and Jarmo traded him for an ECHLer, who has less value than a 2021 7th round pick, more or less.

Unless the only other option was to waive him. That seems sorta crazy, but based on what's been happening over the last ~48 hours... maybe it's not.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I can't even fathom how you drum up so much outrage over an overpaid third pair D-man who can't crack our lineup.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I can't even fathom how you drum up so much outrage over an overpaid third pair D-man who can't crack our lineup.

Do you understand how NHL teams operate? Or at least, should operate?

You know, it's ok to criticize the FO once in awhile. Try it out.

Reactions: Byrral

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Do you understand how NHL teams operate? Or at least, should operate?

You know, it's ok to criticize the FO once in awhile. Try it out.

I'm the guy still complaining about the 5th rounder for Kinkaid, I give my honest opinion. I just don't get what your alternative plan was with Nutivaara. He signed that big $2.7m deal and then got injured and lost his effectiveness, and tumbled out of the starting lineup. That's just an unfortunate situation, and you're sitting here with your bucket of tar and bag of feathers.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Whats wrong with Pu? Watched his stats and in OHL well nice but in AHL well Pooh...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad