Confirmed with Link: Markus Nutivaara traded to FLA for Cliff Pu

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

I'm hoping Jarmo realizes the team is also flush with middle-6 forwards who play hard and bring leadership when free agency begins.

Reactions: koteka

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
making room....
upload_2020-10-8_16-51-14.gif

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
By my calculations with PLD at 6 and Gav at 3 we have 6.5mm cap space. probably not enough for Hall but Hoffman could be had for that I think in today's market.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Best of luck to Nuti...

I still remember the first time his entourage of buddies came over to watch him play. Good time.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

I'm hoping Jarmo realizes the team is also flush with middle-6 forwards who play hard and bring leadership when free agency begins.

This minuscule return tells me this could’ve been a desperate last minute trade before tomorrow. I just don’t believe nobody would offer a pick for Nuti.

Another theory is that’s a gift for Zito

Reactions: thebus88

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
By my calculations with PLD at 6 and Gav at 3 we have 6.5mm cap space. probably not enough for Hall but Hoffman could be had for that I think in today's market.
The more I look at it, I now think we should stay away from him. Signing a 31 year old guy with zero defense at $6.5m for long term could be a recipe for a disaster

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
The more I look at it, I now think we should stay away from him. Signing a 31 year old guy with zero defense at $6.5m for long term could be a recipe for a disaster

Agreed. The UFA guys I only want for short term, which means they probably wouldn't sign.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
We just traded one of our more useful depth defensemen for an ECHLer.

I can't say I'm all that happy with the move.
Agree agree agree. In what world is Nuti worth only an ECHL/AHL non-prospect. I can't believe nobody was willing to give up even a 6th or 7th for him (even a 2021 pick). The dude is a legit NHL defensemen and a second pairing guy on plenty of teams.

I know Jarmo was looking to clear cap space but...smh.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
People still aren’t understanding this was a favor to Zito and maybe even to Nuti (who knows what goes on behind the scenes, and he was going to be passed by Peeke this year, lots of nights in the press box ). If a 6th or a 7th was available I’m sure we could have gotten it. This clearly helps us in a bigger plan. I trust Jarmo.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
This minuscule return tells me this could’ve been a desperate last minute trade before tomorrow. I just don’t believe nobody would offer a pick for Nuti.

Another theory is that’s a gift for Zito
Screw giving a gift to Zito. Jarmo and JD gave Zito his first gig with an NHL team. He should be giving Jarmo a gift of thanks for helping him become a GM.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I don’t think we would offer Hoffman more than 4 years with 3 probably being the actual offer.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
LOL @ this gift conspiracy

you can tell this board is just itching for something more.. a big move.. it’s gotta be.. certainly it must just be a damn gift I tell you!

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
LOL @ this gift conspiracy

you can tell this board is just itching for something more.. a big move.. it’s gotta be.. certainly it must just be a damn gift I tell you!
Hard to find legit explanation for giving away a potentially top 4 dman for nothing

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
My thoughts are we all knew we were planning on trading D to improve the forwards right? This shouldn’t be news to anyone....if we are this depressed about Nuti (Ok dman, healthy scratch here) I can’t imagine if Savard went or Murray went...

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
My man...Harrington just played in a playoff game over Peeke.
My man, Harry is already the best he will be. You could say he has already "Peeked". Meanwhile Peeke should only get better. I bet by the middle of next season at the latest Peeke is clearly ahead of Harry...I would not be surprised if it happens in training camp.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I love how all of our garbage and healthy scratches are now top 4 D and top line Cs elsewhere
Nuti isn't "garbage", he is stuck on a team with Z, Jones, Vlad is Love, Savard and Murray. A log jam of 1s and 2s. MOST teams in the NHL don't have that kind of defensive depth, Nuti was part of a three man rotation on our third pairing but he would possibly be a 2nd pairing or definite 3rd pairing anywhere else.

Reactions: koteka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad