Markstrom requests a trade (or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
too bad... I still love his upside.......

•Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: With Canucks signing Ryan Miller, it’s believed that Jacob Markstrom has asked for a trade if they can.

“That situation could work itself out over the summer,†Benning said. “The teams that are interested may have to move out another guy.

“We’re exploring that for Jacob. But if that doesn’t happen, Jacob comes to camp. He has a good attitude. He understands the situation.

“Look at Minnesota last year. They went through about five goalies.â

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Radishes

Nov 29, 2011
Don't blame him. It's too bad - I was looking forward to seeing what Markstrom can do. He and Lack could have really pushed each other. But Miller is the best goalie of the bunch, and that's all that matters.

I hope he finds success somewhere.

bo2shink*

I imagine his value is off the charts, he was the centre piece in the Luongo deal.

A 1st in 2015 and a top prospect?

Iridescent*

I imagine his value is off the charts, he was the centre piece in the Luongo deal.

A 1st in 2015 and a top prospect?

Maybe we can package him with Tanev and a 2nd for a star player.

TwelveMind

Jun 5, 2011
Toronto
Was really hoping to see how Markstrom would turn out under Rolie's tutelage, so this is disappointing news.

LolClarkson*

^ oh good, we won't lose lack for nothing for another two years.

But we may lose Markstrom for nothing. :cry::shakehead

I've been peddling this trade and I'd like some feedback.

:nucks
Niemi

:sharks
Miller

Keep the Lack/Marks duo after Niemi's contract runs out

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
where's he gonna go in 2 years? Where are all the available goalie openings for him to go to.

i don't know willy. lemme check my crystal ball…

oh right:

aa-Vladimir-Putin-holding-gold-bar.jpg

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
"Goalie who has proven absolutely nothing requests trade". I sure hope Joe Cannata doesn't here about this.

It just highlights how bizarre the Miller signing looks in the context of a rebuild effort though. Hopefully they can get Markstrom comfortable and move Miller for future value before the deadline.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
It just highlights how bizarre the Miller signing looks in the context of a rebuild effort though. Hopefully they can get Markstrom comfortable and move Miller for future value before the deadline.

Ya thats not gonna happen

tonydif

Apr 15, 2007
if he makes 1.2 million to play in minors, no one will pick him up off waivers...he will clear no problem.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Ya thats not gonna happen

Why not? A deadline buyer could have injury problems or a lack of depth in goal going into the playoffs, and may be willing to give a decent return for him, and he may be willing to go to a contender. It seems keeping him will only negatively affect the Canucks' draft position, and ties up cap space in goal when Lack/Markstrom is waiting in the wings.

Unless Lack is considered a bust, then I guess it's important Miller is a part of the organization.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
if he makes 1.2 million to play in minors, no one will pick him up off waivers...he will clear no problem.

issue isn't the minors, issue is the two goalies in the minors who the Canucks already have. There is no space for him right meow. Eriksson and Canatta are both younger and cheaper.

He will get traded for a conditional pick, maybe a 5th that turns into a 4th if he plays 10 games or something like that.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Why not? A deadline buyer could have injury problems or a lack of depth in goal going into the playoffs, and may be willing to give a decent return for him, and he may be willing to go to a contender. It seems keeping him will only negatively affect the Canucks' draft position, and ties up cap space in goal when Lack/Markstrom is waiting in the wings.

Unless Lack is considered a bust, then I guess it's important Miller is a part of the organization.

I just can't see Benning and Linden doing that. They have not admitted to rebuilding. We are suppose to be a playoff team this year... With us spending to the cap we sure as hell should be.

Maybe we can get a 2015 2nd rounder for Markstrom... Similar to what Calgary gave up to San Jose when they traded for Mikkaa Kiprusoff. I don't know what teams need goalies though.. Winnipeg?

MegaSpiderman66

Oct 11, 2011
But we may lose Markstrom for nothing. :cry::shakehead

I've been peddling this trade and I'd like some feedback.

:nucks
Niemi

:sharks
Miller

Keep the Lack/Marks duo after Niemi's contract runs out

Honestly, I don't think this would ever happen, at best this trade is a wash and doesn't really help either team. As well, Miller probably has the greater upside of the two and will look to rebound next year.

As well, contrary to popular belief on HFboards, I actually don't think mgmt. believes lack will ever be an elite #1 goalie, hence the Miller signing with the 3 year term - their intention was always to look for help in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad