Rumor: Markstrom Destination? - Calgary showing Significant Interest

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Wherever he signs he’s going to get term and expansion draft protection. If Vancouver won’t give it to him someone will

well..... there's no flipping we they are going to expose Demko to Seattle.... Also Edler and Myers also don't have expansion draft protection so Benning have already been signing players to no expansion protection .

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
well..... there's no flipping we they are going to expose Demko to Seattle.... Also Edler and Myers also don't have expansion draft protection so Benning have already been signing players to no expansion protection .
Like I said. If Vancouver won’t give him the protection, someone else will.

Elder and Myers were both signed prior to expansion being announced. So your point there is meaningless

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Lime I said. If Vancouver won’t give him the protection, someone else will.

Elder and Myers were both signed prior to expansion being announced. So your point there is meaningless

....????? what?

they were both signed last summer, with the knowledge of expansion draft is coming and both players were asked by media if its expansion protected and both of them said no, which was one of the reasons why Vancouver hated the Myers signing a little less since he will probably not be protected.

ooops actually Edler doesn't need protection since his contract ends at the end of 2021 anyways, my bad.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
....????? what?

they were both signed last summer, with the knowledge of expansion draft is coming and both players were asked by media if its expansion protected and both of them said no, which was one of the reasons why Vancouver hated the Myers signing a little less since he will probably not be protected.

ooops actually Edler doesn't need protection since his contract ends at the end of 2021 anyways, my bad.
I was wrong on the dates. Elder did in fact have a NMC but his contract expires prior to the expansion draft. So moot.

Myers doesn’t have protection. But it’s not as important compared to the goaltending position. You can protect 3 D. Only 1 Goalie. I stand by the statement that he won’t sign anywhere without expansion protection

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Right now it can only be speculation by the “insiders” If any team actually stated they were interested in him they’d be nailed for tampering.

How do you think guys like Dreger, Lebrun, Bobby Mack, Freidman get their info?

it's not speculation

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
How do you think guys like Dreger, Lebrun, Bobby Mack, Freidman get their info?

it's not speculation
It would actually be funny to see a GM get nailed for tampering after Gillis got his wrist slapped for tampering a few years ago. Would be a nice closing of the circle

Ledge And Dairy

....????? what?

If you have a NMC you have to be protected unless you choose to waive. Edler's contract ends after expansion since expansion takes place before the 2021 draft. He can choose to waive thoush since selecting him is pointless if he just walks back to VAN a week later at FA

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
God I hope they let him walk.

take the savings in a flat cap world and spend it elsewear and don’t go with term for a guy who will be 31 to start the deal.

guy has Newport sports who can get blood from a rock and the agents have already said his contract would most likely be backloaded with term to seemingly help out short term with the flat cap.

Last edited:

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
If you have a NMC you have to be protected unless you choose to waive. Edler's contract ends after expansion since expansion takes place before the 2021 draft. He can choose to waive thoush since selecting him is pointless if he just walks back to VAN a week later at FA
NMCs that expire in the same offseason as the expansion draft are voided for the purpose of the expansion draft (assuming same rules as Vegas), so Edler does not have to be protected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad