Markstrom called up

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009
I don't see what people are worried about. IMO this is only going to help Markström. His confidence is up from playing well in the AHL and he's joining a team that is looking for an answer in goal. As long as he plays decent I think Theo or Clem will be gone ASAP, as even DT mentioned that carrying 3 goalies isn't ideal. He may turn things around or he may not, but at least this way he starts to get a feel for what playing in the NHL on a consistent basis will be like and he can come in next year a thousand times more prepared to be a starter and carry a heavier work load than if he spent the entire season in the AHL

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
I dont think there is anything wrong with a call up. As always, I trust in DT's decisions. If he wins the starting job then more power to him. :handclap:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Anyone else think this in their head after hearing Markstrom getting the call up??

circleoflife.jpg

I hope he never goes down again. But this interferes with the tank.:thumbd: I very well can't root for Marky to get lit up and us lose as many games as possible. A #6-10 pick it is.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Great Marky quote in Harvey's article.

There aren't enough cubicles at the practice facility so Marky's legs stuck out into the middle of the room as he undressed while perched on a stool. â€I'll sit on the floor if they want me to,†Markstrom beamed.

I think I'm going to love this kid.

-ghoste

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
One thing we do have to remember is that this isnt his first call to duty. He is going against a powerful offense in Pittsburgh, but he has been in the big league before, so knowing that makes me a bit more confident in his abilities tonight.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
One thing we do have to remember is that this isnt his first call to duty. He is going against a powerful offense in Pittsburgh, but he has been in the big league before, so knowing that makes me a bit more confident in his abilities tonight.

He's facing Crosby, Malkin and Neal. Never heard of them! :sarcasm:

No but honestly I feel Markstrom might be a tad shaky at first but as long as the D has a decent game like last night, the Swede will be just fine. We have to play disciplined hockey though in limiting the amount of penalties we take. If we play like we know we can and still have enough in the tank, we have a chance to beat any team on any given night. Thats the one thing I truly appreciate about this lovely game of hockey.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
He's facing Crosby, Malkin and Neal. Never heard of them! :sarcasm:

No but honestly I feel Markstrom might be a tad shaky at first but as long as the D has a decent game like last night, the Swede will be just fine. We have to play disciplined hockey though in limiting the amount of penalties we take. If we play like we know we can and still have enough in the tank, we have a chance to beat any team on any given night. Thats the one thing I truly appreciate about this lovely game of hockey.

Again, he has played in the NHL before, going against Ovechkin, Stamkos, JT, etc. This isnt his first taste of the big league, and aside from his skill set, his confidence is what will get him through the early stages of his NHL career.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Damned! I hoped that they would give him up and trade for loungo!:sarcasm:
and then turn him over to us for Whitney and our 2 round pick 2013.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
His net to lose now with the way Theodore/Clemmensen have been playing this year and how well Markstrom has played so far?

Erick*

His net to lose now with the way Theodore/Clemmensen have been playing this year and how well Markstrom has played so far?

The team is 5-9-4. He's getting most of the starts the rest of the way. He's been fine. No worse than Theodore/Clemmer. He's posted respectable #'s despite being thrown in there against, arguably, the two best teams in the Eastern Conference.

p9ers

May 11, 2011
Toronto
The team is 5-9-4. He's getting most of the starts the rest of the way. He's been fine. No worse than Theodore/Clemmer. He's posted respectable #'s despite being thrown in there against, arguably, the two best teams in the Eastern Conference.

Yeah, it's encouraging to see that he kept the team in those game.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
from this Afternoon's Sun- Sentinel:

Just as he was in Friday's 3-1 loss to the Penguins, Markstrom was outstanding in defeat with 32 saves, several of the sensational variety.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Again, he needs to control rebounds better (as on the first goal and a bunch of other chances the Bs got off rebounds today) and I think he was slightly out of position on the Chara goal (which was a great goal regardless). He needs to learn to use his size and stay close to the cage, cutting down corners and holes. If he can do that (utilize his size) and control rebounds, he'll be a wall and could turn in to a top tier goalie in this league. He certainly has the tools.

Still a good second effort today.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I'm in a fantasy league and I have Bryzgalov as a starter but can keep 2................ Do Panther fans think Markstrom is the likely starter next yr?.........do you see them making a trade? Obviously Theodore can go as a UFA and Clemmensen has a yr left as a vet back up.

Thoughts?

Regardless he is my man as my 2nd Goalie keeper cause Nabokov and Bobrovsky are my other Goalies

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'm in a fantasy league and I have Bryzgalov as a starter but can keep 2................ Do Panther fans think Markstrom is the likely starter next yr?.........do you see them making a trade? Obviously Theodore can go as a UFA and Clemmensen has a yr left as a vet back up.

Thoughts?

Regardless he is my man as my 2nd Goalie keeper cause Nabokov and Bobrovsky are my other Goalies
Unless he gets injured, he is going to be the starter.

Erick*

Thoughts?

Markstrom should start next year, yeah.

By the way, I wonder where AG is? Funny he hasn't stopped by today. I wonder if it has something to do with Luongo allowing 8 goals against the Red Wings? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad