Proposal: Mark Stone to CBJ

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
In practice, for most people, they're both called "sign and trade", and so I'm going to stick with that. I will continue to call the Pacioretty, Turris, and Andersen deals "sign and trades", because the deals were worked out prior to the trades.

The differences in those deals is they could be worked on months earlier or anytime after July 01st.

Stone cannot have a deal until after Jan 01st. So unless the Canes expect the player to honor his commitment to extend 4 months later, there is some risk. Another consideration is waiting until after the lock-up period, but do the Canes want to risk trading for a few months?

Canes should pursue, but a lowball offer with conditionals if he is unwilling to resign.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The differences in those deals is they could be worked on months earlier or anytime after July 01st.

Stone cannot have a deal until after Jan 01st. So unless the Canes expect the player to honor his commitment to extend 4 months later, there is some risk. Another consideration is waiting until after the lock-up period, but do the Canes want to risk trading for a few months?

Canes should pursue, but a lowball offer with conditionals if he is unwilling to resign.

This is for the CBJ, not Canes. And yes, the deal would have to wait until Jan 1st, or it would have a lot of added risk of people backing out on either side.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
This is for the CBJ, not Canes. And yes, the deal would have to wait until Jan 1st, or it would have a lot of added risk of people backing out on either side.

Sorry...lousy spell correct.

CBJ should lowball the offer or conditional 1st on extending. Stone is a incredibly under-rated player. I doubt CBJ would withdraw after trading for him, but player are not the most loyal ie. Tavares.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sorry...lousy spell correct.

CBJ should lowball the offer or conditional 1st on extending. Stone is a incredibly under-rated player. I doubt CBJ would withdraw after trading for him, but player are not the most loyal ie. Tavares.

It would be kind of hard for the CBJ to not backout if he is out of the lineup with another major concussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad