McKenzie: Mark Stone Mega-Thread Pt. 2 - Jets pursuing Stone, Ottawa working on contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Stone maybe wants to be the big fish in Ottawa and is using the Jets to get more money from the Sens.
Still loves his family and will see them at Christmas. Winnipeg weather wins again.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It's all speculation at this point. Does he sign or get traded who knows but the new Sens contract offer has Stone's interest that's for sure.
what's the reported offer? They're really gonna shell out big money for Stone? Why didn't they for EK65?

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Thats the point... not everyone can. One team gets to sign him, but his argument can apply equally to every team in the league.... which is why its a terrible argument.
Exactly! If he really wants to play in Winnipeg he will sign next year if not, too bad. Why give are best prospects for nothing?

Reactions: robertocarlos

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
what's the reported offer? They're really gonna shell out big money for Stone? Why didn't they for EK65?
I don't know. I personally don't care about Karlsson and wanted him gone. Stone on the other hand, I want as the next captain.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
maybe Mel had a cash-flow problem at the time. And players are taking shorter contracts so that's easier to manage.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Exactly! If he really wants to play in Winnipeg he will sign next year if not, too bad. Why give are best prospects for nothing?

Thats fine, some other team that is confident in him re-signing will pay up for him. Plenty of teams interested and Duchene will sign if he gets the right offer & opportunity. The team that provides that will give the best offer to Ottawa and that's where he'll go!

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Ottawa is awful with Stone. (not Stone's fault). I just wonder if Ottawa is better trading him, getting young assets and then with that money they have set aside for Stone....either sign Stone when he's a UFA or sign other UFAs.
This just resigning Stone seems like such a lateral move.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Thats fine, some other team that is confident in him re-signing will pay up for him. Plenty of teams interested and Duchene will sign if he gets the right offer & opportunity. The team that provides that will give the best offer to Ottawa and that's where he'll go!
I give up, you obviously don’t know what a rental is.

Reactions: Snowman

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa is awful with Stone. (not Stone's fault). I just wonder if Ottawa is better trading him, getting young assets and then with that money they have set aside for Stone....either sign Stone when he's a UFA or sign other UFAs.
This just resigning Stone seems like such a lateral move.
Umm Ottawa without Stone is even worse. You need star vets to lead youth in a rebuild. Tkatchuk probably has improved his game ten fold playing with Stone.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Can someone else respond to the guy who wants a rental to get a re-signed players trade value?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Can someone else respond to the guy who wants a rental to get a re-signed players trade value?

I dont think the other poster is the problem here. I think it's your inability to understand that there is only Mark Stone or Matt Duchene and not "everyone can sign" them in the summer. I don't think you can dismiss the advantage a team can gain when acquiring a pending UFA. That's not to say it's a guarantee but the 'we will just sign him in free agency' is an awful argument because the potential suitors goes from 1 to 31 over night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad