Player Discussion Mark Stone: 16th overall for Points Per Game & 14th overall in ES scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not surprised in the least.

How else would fans who overrate a player react?

Is he overatted because you think he'll regress? I mean, you've really provided next to nothing to debate. He's overatted because you say so, he'll regress because he's not fast, and he's not a playoff producer because he doesn't put up Karlsson like performances while injured.

At the very least, you'd maintain a glimmer of credibility if instead of saying you hope he gets offersheeted, you hope that we trade him for a fair return of a player that you feel isn't overatted, or won't be as susceptable to regression. It's hard to take you seriously when instead of instead of looking for the best return, you look for the option that will piss off those who disagree with your evaluation, and hurt the owner the most. That doesn't really scream "unbiased assesement of the player".

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I listed 4 reasons why I wanted him offer sheeted.

You've put on your amateur psychoanalyst hat and decided to focus on one. (The one that is more of a bonus than a reason)

I've had to read idiot Sens fans question EK leadership and say they are happy to see us lose Karlsson so that Stone can take over. I'd like to see any idiot that thinks Stone is half the player or leader Karlsson is deal with watching Mark leave.

I want Sens fans pissed off enough to empty the arena and force out this owner. If losing Stone helps with that process, then so be it.

You just made up an illegitimate argument that no one is making in an attempt to prove a point you clearly have an agenda for. If you could respond to the obvious points people have made like every forward on the teams production going up when they play with him that would be great.

Erik Karlsson has absolutely nothing to do with this Mark Stone discussion why do you keep bringing it back exactly?

Hockey sense is something he has in spades, players with hockey sense dont need to be great skaters because they anticipate the play. Did you think it was an accident he gets all his steals? Its not just his stick.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Is he overatted because you think he'll regress? I mean, you've really provided next to nothing to debate. He's overatted because you say so, he'll regress because he's not fast, and he's not a playoff producer because he doesn't put up Karlsson like performances while injured.

At the very least, you'd maintain a glimmer of credibility if instead of saying you hope he gets offersheeted, you hope that we trade him for a fair return of a player that you feel isn't overatted, or won't be as susceptable to regression. It's hard to take you seriously when instead of instead of looking for the best return, you look for the option that will piss off those who disagree with your evaluation, and hurt the owner the most. That doesn't really scream "unbiased assesement of the player".
The offer sheet would come with a clear compensation package. I trust that more than Dorion's ability to make a positive deal.

If I wasn't being clear before, I'll try again. I want the Sens to burn to the ground right now to force fans to oust this owner.

If EK is out the door, I hope Stone gets an offer sheet and Duchene refuses to sign.

If our Ahole owner isn't willing to pay for the best player in franchise history, I want him gone and the rest is collateral damage.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You just made up an illegitimate argument that no one is making in an attempt to prove a point you clearly have an agenda for. If you could respond to the obvious points people have made like every forward on the teams production going up when they play with him that would be great.

Erik Karlsson has absolutely nothing to do with this Mark Stone discussion why do you keep bringing it back exactly?

Hockey sense is something he has in spades, players with hockey sense dont need to be great skaters because they anticipate the play. Did you think it was an accident he gets all his steals? Its not just his stick.

He is having a hard time following to begin with so i didnt want to over complicate things by adding both variables due to his multiple injuries. As you can see by his response he clearly doesnt understand what i meant anyway.

We're done here.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
The offer sheet would come with a clear compensation package. I trust that more than Dorion's ability to make a positive deal.

If I wasn't being clear before, I'll try again. I want the Sens to burn to the ground right now to force fans to oust this owner.

If EK is out the door, I hope Stone gets an offer sheet and Duchene refuses to sign.

If our Ahole owner isn't willing to pay for the best player in franchise history, I want him gone and the rest is collateral damage.

Honest question but if EK leaves would you still be a fan of this team?

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Always, just will work towards ousting Melnyk.

So why the scorched earth policy? When EK leaves Melnyk will surely find out what the effect will be next season. Why put your hatred of the owner ahead of keeping players that want to play in Ottawa? There still has to be some resemblance of an NHL team. Even now where there very little to enjoy for this franchise, there's got to be something to cheer for.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
So why the scorched earth policy? When EK leaves Melnyk will surely find out what the effect will be next season. Why put your hatred of the owner ahead of keeping players that want to play in Ottawa? There still has to be some resemblance of an NHL team. Even now where there very little to enjoy for this franchise, there's got to be something to cheer for.
Scorched earth helps ensure more fans protesting this owner and getting him out of town. This team will go nowhere until he is gone, so going scorched earth with future assets is the way to go.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

All of his takes are about hating things, or wishing bad things to happen to people who he doesn't like. Elliotte Friedman said a bad thing about the Senators, so he hates Friedman. Stone fans said a bad thing about Karlsson, so he hates them.

Melnyk is doing bad things to the franchise, so in the context of every other reaction he has in this context, wishing a scorched earth result and hoping for abject failure for the team falls entirely in line with his other takes.

I mean, I hate Melnyk too, but I just want him gone... I don't want the team to become the Cleveland Browns of the NHL.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
All of his takes are about hating things, or wishing bad things to happen to people who he doesn't like. Elliotte Friedman said a bad thing about the Senators, so he hates Friedman. Stone fans said a bad thing about Karlsson, so he hates them.

Melnyk is doing bad things to the franchise, so in the context of every other reaction he has in this context, wishing a scorched earth result and hoping for abject failure for the team falls entirely in line with his other takes.

I mean, I hate Melnyk too, but I just want him gone... I don't want the team to become the Cleveland Browns of the NHL.
Dr-Evil-250x152.jpeg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

I haven’t read his response yet but I’m sure it’s something like that :

So the Avs put the last nail in the Sens coffin and will get their high 1st round pick next draft since they will be without their best 2 players. Ticket sales in Ottawa plummets even more, owner is going to (supposedly) sell the team and everything will be great again.

But what if Melnyk actually hold onto the team until the NHL decides it needs a relocation? Maybe he cares more about a vengeance. I dunno, just a stupid theory but IMO don’t play these games with egomaniacal billionaires.

get over yourself man, pain is a real thing. But losing a player on your favourite sports team, come on. Share the pain? Hahaha

Yeah it looks like some people have no idea what pain is. I have lost one of my best friends a few weeks ago, he passed away at just 40 y/o. It was like losing a brother. Now that was true hurt.

Trading EK is frustrating but it’s not pain, it’s a freaking entertainment. Get a f***ing grip

Sorry, it pisses me off to read things like this

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Scorched earth helps ensure more fans protesting this owner and getting him out of town. This team will go nowhere until he is gone, so going scorched earth with future assets is the way to go.

It's pulling at both ends of the strings, doing whatever it takes to get rid of Melnyk and then when he's gone what's left? How attractive is the franchise going to be when the product is absolutely gutted and reputation around the league is playing for the Senators is a career deathtrap? Can't all be playing fiddles when the team gets burned to the ground.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

I'm pragmatic enough to know that until Melnyk burns it to the groud a segment of the fanbase will still support him, so I'm OK with short term pain for long term gain.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
It's pulling at both ends of the strings, doing whatever it takes to get rid of Melnyk and then when he's gone what's left? How attractive is the franchise going to be when the product is absolutely gutted and reputation around the league is playing for the Senators is a career deathtrap? Can't all be playing fiddles when the team gets burned to the ground.
The franchise losing value helps the sales process.

The new owners will be heroes when they rebuild and players will be haapy to be part of that process

Is it better if we continue to be mediocre and sell off assets with Eugene in charge? We are the laughingstock of the league and it won't change until Melnyk sells.

Last edited:

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Stone is a prime offer sheet candidate. EM is too cheap to give a decent offer and way too cheap offer sheet another team in revenge. Offer him 7 mil AVV for 8 years and he is gone.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Stone is a prime offer sheet candidate. EM is too cheap to give a decent offer and way too cheap offer sheet another team in revenge. Offer him 7 mil AVV for 8 years and he is gone.
That would be over 10.148 per in calculating compensation.; which would be the max. 4 1sts
A team would be better off offering him 9-10 per over 5 years. ... Sens would have to match or walk away.. that would keep compensation to 2 1sts, 2nd,3rd

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
If Jaromir Jagr had success in his later years even though he was slow as molasses, you can bet your tookus that Stone will be just fine too. He more than makes up for his lack of speed by his ability to read the game so well and always be in the right place at the right time.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I have never bought a Sens jersey with name and number on it, except him. That is how high I am on Stone. And I think Sens management is too. Guy wants to win, and hates to lose.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If Jaromir Jagr had success in his later years even though he was slow as molasses, you can bet your tookus that Stone will be just fine too. He more than makes up for his lack of speed by his ability to read the game so well and always be in the right place at the right time.

Jagr isn't human. That dude is like the supreme outlier.

It would be super amazing if Stone could somehow last that long, but it would take a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad