Player Discussion Mark Stone: 16th overall for Points Per Game & 14th overall in ES scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Nope. You're overreacting. All i said was that Weber signed a one year deal and still ended up staying with his original team and that I also believe Stone will do the same. No matter what Philly did, he still was re-signed by the original team and that was the point.

Also, you admit in point #3 that their is no other exact comparable for the Stone situation but you chose to rattle the person bringing up anything remotely comparable. So to me it's a can't win situation based on people overeacting.

He wasn't though. He was signed by another team and Nashville was lucky enough to have the ability to match the deal. The whole reason this Stone situation is such a mess is because we won't have that option this time next year. If Stone elsewhere he's gone, I think this gives people every right to feel nervous.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
He wasn't though. He was signed by another team and Nashville was lucky enough to have the ability to match the deal. The whole reason this Stone situation is such a mess is because we won't have that option this time next year. If Stone elsewhere he's gone, I think this gives people every right to feel nervous.
Matching the deal = re-signed.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Nope. You're overreacting. All i said was that Weber signed a one year deal and still ended up staying with his original team and that I also believe Stone will do the same. No matter what Philly did, he still was re-signed by the original team and that was the point.

Also, you admit in point #3 that their is no other exact comparable for the Stone situation but you chose to rattle the person bringing up anything remotely comparable. So to me it's a can't win situation based on people overeacting.

Ok, so I see you have chosen the "I don't understand the difference between RFA and UFA enough to have a valid opinion on the matter" option. Ok then, good to know. It makes this conversation mercifully shorter than it otherwise could have been.

And you are right, it was a "can't win" scenario for you - on that point, we can absolutely agree. There's no way you can win an argument when you don't understand why you are wrong, and refuse to see reason on the subject.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Saying things like “this is going to be a terrible year of sens hockey” is not helpful. No one knows this. So what is the point of this pessimism?
It could turn out to be a very good year!
How about we wait and see?

I could say that YOU are going to have a terrible year. It may or may not be true. It’s the future. But if I kept telling you this over and over it’s not going to help you have a good one.
Extreme pessimism - gtfo

Did I just have a terrible year, am I currently in over my head at work, have I done nothing to prepare for the year, and have I done nothing to improve myself as a worker and person?

If so, yes, you could tell me I am going to have a terrible year, because there is a big basis for having those beliefs. It would be pretty stupid to think otherwise, no?

It's not all sunshine and roses.

Baseless outlook

Last edited:

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Ok, so I see you have chosen the "I don't understand the difference between RFA and UFA enough to have a valid opinion on the matter" option. Ok then, good to know. It makes this conversation mercifully shorter than it otherwise could have been.

And you are right, it was a "can't win" scenario for you, on that point, we can absolutely agree -there's no way you can win an argument when you don't understand why you are wrong, and refuse to see reason on the subject.
I chose neither option. You chose to overeact. Deal with it.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Man, he clearly does not understand the distinction between the two.

It's a lost cause. If he hasn't figured it out, after literally everyone telling him he is wrong, offering reasonable and logical examples and explanations of why he is wrong, then he's never going to figure it out.

Reactions: stempniaksen

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Matching the deal = re-signed.
Signing the deal with the flyers meant he wanted to leave, particularly when that deal had a predatory structure (pun intended). Unlike the Preds, we won't have the ability to block stone, as he's UFA at deals end.

In both cases, a 1 year deal could indicate a desire to leave, but in our case, if stone decides he'd like to sign with another team, we have nothing to fall back on but trading him before it happens.

It's fine to say you're not worried, but to suggest that because Weber stayed with the preds after signing a 1 year deal we shouldn't worry is so clearly a false equivalency, that I really don't know where to go from here.

Reactions: ThreePosts

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I really thought we were gonna get Stone locked down at around 8 million, 7 year deal. That seemed like a good deal for both sides, everything Stone said in his post season interviews suggested he wanted to sign long term here. Where did this go wrong? Very disappointing

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Signing the deal with the flyers meant he wanted to leave, particularly when that deal had a predatory structure (pun intended). Unlike the Preds, we won't have the ability to block stone, as he's UFA at deals end.

In both cases, a 1 year deal could indicate a desire to leave, but in our case, if stone decides he'd like to sign with another team, we have nothing to fall back on but trading him before it happens.

It's fine to say you're not worried, but to suggest that because Weber stayed with the preds after signing a 1 year deal we shouldn't worry is so clearly a false equivalency, that I really don't know where to go from here.
No it meant he's not an idiot because he was offered such a lengthy deal for so much money, anyone would take that deal! I'm sure he was happy that Nashville matched the offer he just wanted what he felt he was worth.

Stone won't make it to UFA with us we would trade him before that ever happens.

I'm not worried based on the facts . Quotes from Stone and Dorion, not people in the media or the experts on some website.

Reactions: Dionysus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad