Player Discussion Mark Stone: 16th overall for Points Per Game & 14th overall in ES scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I'm actually expecting some team to offer sheet Stone. Players like him are invaluable and if you're already a successful franchise, two 1sts a 2nd and a 3rd is nothing compared to what Mark brings to the table. Especially since you could keep your core intact where as in a trade we'd likely ask for two pieces back.

I've heard : last to show up, first to leave is part of it.

3oEjI105rmEC22CJFK

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm actually expecting some team to offer sheet Stone. Players like him are invaluable and if you're already a successful franchise, two 1sts a 2nd and a 3rd is nothing compared to what Mark brings to the table. Especially since you could keep your core intact where as in a trade we'd likely ask for two pieces back.
If the Avalanche dont do it Sakic should be fired. They have so much cap space, tons of youth and the sens first.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What do people think Stone is worth? I have a hard time pinning down his value.

He has reach 60 pts in his career multiple times and is an excellent two way player. The question is how do u quantify that? Who are his compareables? Is he a 8million dollar player? I'm not sure.

It seems his only real downfalls are he is injury prone and he hasn't broken through past the 60pt range which I think we all believe he can but he hasn't

So what is this guy worth?
I wouldnt sign for less than 8 × 8 he will get it somewhere if the sens dont pony up.

Couture just signed for 8 × 8 seems like a decent comparison in production and 2 way play.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
1) Want to see Melnyk screwed over.
2) Overated player who will drop off rapidly in 2nd half of contract.
3) The anti EK pro Stone for captain crowd can share the pain.
4) Will help with the boycott Melnyk movement.

Nothing good happens with this franchise till Eugene sells.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Stone isn't overrated. Not at all. If anything, he is a bit underrated outside of the Sens fanbase.

But.....8 years for a moderately slow skater who has also had a few injuries (concussions)....it is a risk.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
How can someone watch Stone regularly and believe that he's overrated is beyond me. He' not the most sexy player out there but he's so effective. He always makes the right play.

Reactions: BonkTastic

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If we are dumping Stone ,then we might as well throw in Duchene....No point in even bothering to ice anything more than a AHL team next season

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Thinking Stone is overrated pretty much tells you need to know about the opinion
39 point pace playoff warrior...

Great puck theif, but poor overall defensively.

Good accurate shot and high IQ.

Poor skater who will fall off a cliff when he loses another step.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
The contingent of fans who run down EK and want Stone as captain. I'd love to see them share the pain EK fans are feeling.
get over yourself man, pain is a real thing. But losing a player on your favourite sports team, come on. Share the pain? Hahaha

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
1) Want to see Melnyk screwed over.
2) Overated player who will drop off rapidly in 2nd half of contract.
3) The anti EK pro Stone for captain crowd can share the pain.
4) Will help with the boycott Melnyk movement.

Nothing good happens with this franchise till Eugene sells.
Your ability to evaluate a hockey player is highly questionable.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The contingent of fans who run down EK and want Stone as captain. I'd love to see them share the pain EK fans are feeling.

Oh, so it's bitterness and schadenfreud that's driving this opinion?

Could this be why you are so obsessed about the "Toronto media" and how they report on the Sens? You think that Leafs fans want to see bad press about the Senators, that the Toronto Media needs to be biased in their reporting... because you think ratings are driven on schadenfreud? ... Because that's what drives you?

I mean... You're just projecting! I get it now! I mean, it's still kind of crazy, but at least I get WHY you feel this way now.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
39 point pace playoff warrior...

Great puck theif, but poor overall defensively.

Good accurate shot and high IQ.

Poor skater who will fall off a cliff when he loses another step.
So i assume you think that first half of last season is the accurate depiction of Ek not the rest of his career if you are basing Stones entire body of work on his playoff production.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
So i assume you think that first half of last season is the accurate depiction of Ek not the rest of his career if you are basing Stones entire body of work on his playoff production.

... on his playoff production based entirely on 2 playoff runs, both of which he was playing with pretty severe injuries.

Let's not forget that part. It's like... That's his floor. Even with severe injuries, the guy shows up and contributes. What more do you want?

Reactions: bert

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If you watch this team all the time and actually couldnt tell Stone was playing hurt for the run last season get a new hobby.
Was EK injured during the last playoff run?

Feel free to compare their performances!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad