Mark Scheifele potential

rymr66

Jun 6, 2011
winnipeg
still can't believe i snagged him for my fantasy team in a 12 team league in the fourth round - yay for scheifele!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He's a potential 50 50 100 point guy to me but Laine will only be a 70 10 80 point guy because all he does is score goals and apparently that sucks . :dunce: .

Reactions: sipowicz
Nov 24, 2006
Interesting to see the takes on Scheifele back then.

It will be interesting to look back on the Logan Stanley threads in 2 - 3 more years...

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
For sure - it's a very old thread. Unfortunately, some of the even earlier threads got purged during the move to the new forum software. I did manage to find this old picture of Scheif - the Colts were playing the Steelheads in Mississauga. Used to go to games at that arena, as it's pretty close to our house:

WP_000060.jpg

This was 2011, and he was Bambi on skates even in the OHL, though his hands and shot were already very, very good.

Man, he's come a long way.

He sure has. I can't see your picture though?

I was wondering what year his skating and ability to fight for pucks really took a leap. Would he have been about 22?

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Scheif the Knife
First star of the week!

That's deserved for sure, as he won us a couple almost single-handedly. I'm just wondering how these two back-to-back first stars of the week would look together now, as already back in 16-17 they at one spot were the leading point and goal scorers. Now they are both much, much better, and Scheifele has already hit his prime. What a steal that contract of his was.

His board play is so deceptive it looks like magic at times. He just manages to keep the puck and either evade the D or create a grade A scoring chance for his line mates.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
That's deserved for sure, as he won us a couple almost single-handedly. I'm just wondering how these two back-to-back first stars of the week would look together now, as already back in 16-17 they at one spot were the leading point and goal scorers. Now they are both much, much better, and Scheifele has already hit his prime. What a steal that contract of his was.

His board play is so deceptive it looks like magic at times. He just manages to keep the puck and either evade the D or create a grade A scoring chance for his line mates.
He is absolutely killler at separating guys from the puck. He's so fun to watch right now.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
This kid went from being bambi to a young buck superstar. Looking at some of the old posts doubting him is funny, they really didnt stand the test of time that well :laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Scheifele is the best player on our team period and the future captain.
Agree but if you ask me he should be the captain right now , his work ethic alone is something the young guys should watch and learn plus seeing how far he's improved from when he first got here is something to behold . :nod:

Reactions: sipowicz

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Scheifele's slow rise to being a top 5 C in the league has been a thing of beauty and he has not probably peaked yet. While Scheifele will probably never get into the McD/Crosby conversation there is one thing you can absolutely sure about him. He will absolutely will himself to be the best possible hockey player his god given talents will allow him to be. Can't ask any more from any hockey player or human being.

Highway1

Jan 9, 2017
If Scheifele played in Toronto he would be labeled in the top 3 centres in the league. With his work and training ethic we still haven’t see the best of Mark yet.

Reactions: MrBoJangelz71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad