Mark Scheifele potential

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

lol. Not sure the joke holds up. You have to take yourself back to 2013. Part of the discussion around the Jets was that of the weight of Byfuglien. In that he was grossly overweight. Earlier in the thread someone posted a picture of a brown paper bag with Scheifeles name on it at the Gary Roberts school. Some sort of meal plan. I posted a picture of Byfugliens meal bag which was a large McDonald’s bag.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Game 3 and 4

We need another level of super saiyan Schiefele.

I've seen you carry a team on your back.

You are a star already.
Now this is your chance to be on that select few in your generation.

Go Jets Go.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Game 3 and 4

We need another level of super saiyan Schiefele.

I've seen you carry a team on your back.

You are a star already.
Now this is your chance to be on that select few in your generation.

Go Jets Go.
I'd say it has to do more with secondary scoring and easier for Little to take his playing to another level than chef.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'd say it has to do more with secondary scoring and easier for Little to take his playing to another level than chef.
Knights
Are keying on him.
The greats rises.

He wants to be one. This is his chance.
He is great already. But if he elevates another level and pull it off this year.
He is a tier above compared to every centers in his generation.

And yes

That 3rd line needs to contribute offensively.
But seeing Little with so many different linemates. That is hard.
Only other option is Wheeler with him but that is not happening.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Knights
Are keying on him.
The greats rises.

He wants to be one. This is his chance.
He is great already. But if he elevates another level and pull it off this year.
He is a tier above compared to every centers in his generation.

And yes

That 3rd line needs to contribute offensively.
But seeing Little with so many different linemates. That is hard.
Only other option is Wheeler with him but that is not happening.
Isn't this where the legend of Laine supposed to start. Little plays with the same teammates on the pp still no goals. He's been with Perrault for awhile and neither of them contribute offensively. That's 9.5 mil between the 2 just for d?

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Isn't this where the legend of Laine supposed to start. Little plays with the same teammates on the pp still no goals. He's been with Perrault for awhile and neither of them contribute offensively. That's 9.5 mil between the 2 just for d?
Well

If Laine is put in all situational , with schiefele he gets a chance.
But i already accepted this since November that this year is

Wheeler
Buff
Schiefele
Team

so they will lead the way and they have to.
So far they are bringing it this year and i won' have it any other way.

Laine Ehlers and Connor Morrissey are secondary help. They are learning from theae guys.
But darn the kids! they have been awesome at it.

Re:
Laine with 44 goals 70 points in regular season
And 4 and 7 this playoff is the 1st chapter to what will be his loooooong legendary career.
Remember he already have a good head start.

I think Laine sits 5th on Thrashers-Jets franchise in playoff points :laugh: already.

Imagine that :D

Edit:
Sorry this is Schiefele thread.

5 years ago. I was one of a handfull of posters who believed Schiefele will be a top center.
I was the only one who said he will be top 5 center when he peaks.
I believe he is now. And has been for awhile just got derailed by that injury.

SCHIEFELE GOT ANOTHER GEAR.
he is watching tapes now and seeing how Knights are playing him.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well

If Laine is put in all situational , with schiefele he gets a chance.
But i already accepted this since November that this year is

Wheeler
Buff
Schiefele
Team

so they will lead the way and they have to.
So far they are bringing it this year and i won' have it any other way.

Laine Ehlers and Connor Morrissey are secondary help. They are learning from theae guys.
But darn the kids! they have been awesome at it.

Re:
Laine with 44 goals 70 points in regular season
And 4 and 7 this playoff is the 1st chapter to what will be his loooooong legendary career.
Remember he already have a good head start.

I think Laine sits 5th on Thrashers-Jets franchise in playoff points :laugh: already.

Imagine that :D

Last edited:

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I wouldn’t bet against him ever getting in that 90-100pt range... He’s got the shot and the playmaking in the slot to do so. Not to mention he’s got an assortment of Wingers to choose from(some who are still developing, actually most of the Top 6 wingers are raw enough in different ways that all but one can really develope) who can help him do it.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Will not be realized tethered to Wheeler.

But he has potential to be a constant 100pt threat with Laine and Connor. 50 goal season potential too.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Will not be realized tethered to Wheeler.

But he has potential to be a constant 100pt threat with Laine and Connor. 50 goal season potential too.

Funny that Scheifele doesn't see himself as "tethered", but rather incredibly fortunate, describing Wheeler as one of the best passers in the league. Both Laine and Scheifele are benefiting heavily from Wheeler atm.
Scheifele would have a few more assists playing 5x5 with Laine, and fewer goals. But I guess it's possible that Laine would have more than 4 assists playing with Scheifele....:popcorn:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Scheifele is getting stronger every year, including this one. It would not surprise me to see him end up in the top 7 for scoring in the NHL--with 110 points or more.:thumbu:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I knew the guy would be good and key to success but Fefe is exceeding my expectations. Best 1st round pick ever by Jets 2.0.

He embodies what this club needs to be to be successful. Feel fortunate Chevy drafted this dude. He’s all heart with not to mention rocket shot and super star talent.

Psych0dad

Sep 27, 2017
Saint John, N.B
Funny that Scheifele doesn't see himself as "tethered", but rather incredibly fortunate, describing Wheeler as one of the best passers in the league. Both Laine and Scheifele are benefiting heavily from Wheeler atm.
Scheifele would have a few more assists playing 5x5 with Laine, and fewer goals. But I guess it's possible that Laine would have more than 4 assists playing with Scheifele....:popcorn:

Not sure why Scheifele would have fewer goals. He was scoring a lot with Patty before. 2 years ago.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
lol. Not sure the joke holds up. You have to take yourself back to 2013. Part of the discussion around the Jets was that of the weight of Byfuglien. In that he was grossly overweight. Earlier in the thread someone posted a picture of a brown paper bag with Scheifeles name on it at the Gary Roberts school. Some sort of meal plan. I posted a picture of Byfugliens meal bag which was a large McDonald’s bag.

I remember that exact post!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
That was a walk down memory lane reading the beginning of this thread :thumbu:

For sure - it's a very old thread. Unfortunately, some of the even earlier threads got purged during the move to the new forum software. I did manage to find this old picture of Scheif - the Colts were playing the Steelheads in Mississauga. Used to go to games at that arena, as it's pretty close to our house:

upload_2018-12-4_3-6-46.png

This was 2011, and he was Bambi on skates even in the OHL, though his hands and shot were already very, very good.

Man, he's come a long way.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->