Injury Report: Mark Scheifele injury current information - Out estimated 6-8 weeks

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't think they ever gave a timeline, but depending on the severity of the MCL injury, a 'standard' recovery takes 6-8 weeks. Very good news, if it's more minor! :nod:

Agreed.

Also, who will likely be recalled as a replacement? Is it too early to see Lipon/Lowry?

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I don't think they ever gave a timeline, but depending on the severity of the MCL injury, a 'standard' recovery takes 6-8 weeks. Very good news, if it's more minor! :nod:

Maurice said a revaluation in 2 weeks. And to not expect him back before the 4 week period.

Which means what ever we got for centers is pretty what your using to make a run at the playoffs with.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
So my seats happen to be located in front of the opposing team's family and friends seats. Last night, as you would assume, Hamonic's family and friends were there. Worst group I've ever sat in front of. They cheered when Scheifele went down, talking about how it's two minutes well worth it if it takes him out for the rest of the year. I was ready to crack skulls. Luckily, a few of them got tossed out by security after standing through the play and telling the people behind them to **** off.

What a bunch of losers.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So my seats happen to be located in front of the opposing team's family and friends seats. Last night, as you would assume, Hamonic's family and friends were there. Worst group I've ever sat in front of. They cheered when Scheifele went down, talking about how it's two minutes well worth it if it takes him out for the rest of the year. I was ready to crack skulls. Luckily, a few of them got tossed out by security after standing through the play and telling the people behind them to **** off.

:facepalm::baghead:

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
I hope we try Kane at C to replace him. I know he's not the greatest defensively, but perhaps coach Maurice could teach him to be a top calibre offensive C who is serviceable in his own end. Our own Jeff Carter goalscoring W/C type.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
^what you said, even if its for 1 game...

This is when the team really needs a speedy power forward to step up and develop his game ASAP

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Wow! Sometimes the nut doesn't fall far from the tree, maybe I don't want to see Hamonic in a Jets uni!:(

Jaffray15

Mar 12, 2008
Winnipeg
www.nhl94.com
After taking a look at the hit, it looks like Scheif should of just took the shoulder rather then avoid the hit because it was too late for Da Haan to avoid hitting him.

I hope we see O'Dell brought up and have a chance to play between Kane and Wheeler.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

I would of flipped **** on them. That's ****ing terrible.

Should of said to who ever you where sitting with loudly "I wish someone would put that Hamonic plug in a strecher"

Not that I'm wishing this, I hate Hamonic, but would also love him on the Jets. Just complete bull **** that a family of a NHL player applauds an injury to a young player

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

I know it's gossip so face-value, but I've heard from a friend who grew up with Hamonic that he's a huge tool, so if true, this crap makes sense...

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
I would of flipped **** on them. That's ****ing terrible.

Should of said to who ever you where sitting with loudly "I wish someone would put that Hamonic plug in a strecher"

Not that I'm wishing this, I hate Hamonic, but would also love him on the Jets. Just complete bull **** that a family of a NHL player applauds an injury to a young player

I was taking the high road. I don't want to get into something with someone and risk losing my seats or getting booted. Someone a few rows back did yell "Hamonic's a *****", which I don't necessarily condone, but did get a chuckle from. It was funny to see the family/friends get pissed and then try to use the whole "there's kids around" argument. Doesn't hold much water when you're cursing louder and more frequently than anyone else.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Looking at that hit again, Scheifele could have avoided the damage by just taking de Haan's hit to the body. Really unfortunate, and a rookie mistake.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Looking at that hit again, Scheifele could have avoided the damage by just taking de Haan's hit to the body. Really unfortunate, and a rookie mistake.

Why would he just let deHaan hit him?
Mark made a nice move to get around him, and would have been totally fine if deHaan hadn't committed a penalty (and a borderline dirty play). Result aside, I have no problem with Mark or any jets trying to avoid getting hit. It only bites Mark if the other player does something illegal...

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Mark made a nice move to get around him, and would have been totally fine if deHaan hadn't committed a penalty (and a borderline dirty play). Result aside, I have no problem with Mark or any jets trying to avoid getting hit. It only bites Mark if the other player does something illegal...

True, de Haan stuck his leg out. However, if Scheifele had just absorbed the hit with his shoulder instead of trying to duck to the side, he wouldn't be out with a sprain. That's probably why Shanahan wasn't looking into the de Haan hit.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
True, de Haan stuck his leg out. However, if Scheifele had just absorbed the hit with his shoulder instead of trying to duck to the side, he wouldn't be out with a sprain. That's probably why Shanahan wasn't looking into the de Haan hit.

I guess :dunno:
But does that mean every Jet should just allow the other team to check them so they don't get injured?
I can't knock Scheif for what happened I guess is my point.

bazaaa*

Exactly. Rookie mistake tried to side step a hit and go get the puck? What?

Like my other example earlier in this post, it's like me hitting a guy in the head at work, and saying he could have avoided it by not coming into work that day.

What? he's not looking into it because he tried to get out of the way? What the hell am I reading? lol
Somewhere out there, you got the wrong impression that it's bad to avoid a hit.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
well I'm afraid our playoff hopes just went up in smoke. I think Chef is a bigger loss than Kane...and this is a worse time to lose him. I just don't think the team has what it takes to get to another level ...

... I'm pretty much just watching to see what changes are made in the off season - hopefully locking PoMo up for a few years - and so forth and looking forward to next year.

Fear not, there is still a way to make the playoffs, even with the loss of Scheif, and that is with...hot goaltending.
I won't even say the P-word because his name has, to my amazement, been left out of this entire thread...but it's his time to shine, or we're done.
Does anyone out there doubt that he's up to the task?:naughty:

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
1. The hit was dirty. Not terribly dirty, but one of those impulsive dirty shots that can happen. If you've played hockey, you'll know what I mean. He knew where Scheif was going to try to go to avoid him, and that leg was there on purpose. I imagine it wasn't suspension-worthy, but it was done with reckless disregard at best, and with malice at worst.

The idea that he caused his injury by trying to avoid the hit is incorrect. He did, in fact, successfully avoid the hit, and that is why he was fouled.

2. If the Jets are so fragile a team that the loss of Scheifele sends them toppling into the abyss, then they were never going to make the playoffs in the first place. Injuries happen in team sports, and as bright as Mark's future may be, he is not the key element to the Jets' success or failure at this time.

balkin204*

lets just hope he plays ball hockey in my division again this summer. im gonna take him out he thinks hes so tough

balkin204*

he slipped the hit and wlda had a scoring chance thats why he didnt let himself get hit are you serious ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad