Injury Report: Mark Scheifele injury current information - Out estimated 6-8 weeks

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports
For those who have been asking, an #NHL source told me there's no hearing scheduled for Calvin de Haan for hit on #NHLJets C Mark Scheifele

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
This how I'm going look at this. We played great when Maurice came aboard and without Kane. Now we just have to do the same thing without Scheifele.

Darth Handsome*

Last night on the pre-game show Sheifele was asked about playing in every game so far this season & he talked about how he takes pride in that & how he takes care of himself & whatnot. If that wasn't a ******* jinx, I don't know what is. I blame the media & their stupid questions.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Ugh, i really enjoyed watching him this season. Not surprised at the length he's out, it looked nasty. Had me wincing in sympathy pain.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
well I'm afraid our playoff hopes just went up in smoke. I think Chef is a bigger loss than Kane...and this is a worse time to lose him. I just don't think the team has what it takes to get to another level - or more accurately I don't think the guys who have something more to give are capable of doing so. I think wheels, little, ladd, even joker are pretty much already maxing out and guys like seto and buff and enstrom don't strike me as "dig a little deeper" types. kane's too much of a one man show.

of course there is always the possibility of some miraculous run, but I won't get real invested in something like that happening. I'm pretty much just watching to see what changes are made in the off season - hopefully locking PoMo up for a few years - and so forth and looking forward to next year.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 15s
Jacob Trouba says Mark Scheifele is in good spirits and that his injury could've been worse. #NHLJets

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What a dirty *****ing play by a classless player.

Shanahan better give this Islander a vacation.

video.

Scheifele.gif

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Leads with the knee, could have totally avoided hitting Chef that way. Borderline dirty hit.

It was a dirty hit also called a cheap shot!:rant: Watching the video of the cheap shot a few more times and you can see that de Haan knew exactly what he was doing: intent to injure!

Hit like that on Crosby, Ovy etc. and had the same injury happened to them de Haan is suspended immediately 5-10 games!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
watching that gif it sure looks to me like he really sticks his leg out there to make contact with Chef. I didn't think it was a dirty play when it happened, but it looks pretty bad in the gif there...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
watching that gif it sure looks to me like he really sticks his leg out there to make contact with Chef. I didn't think it was a dirty play when it happened, but it looks pretty bad in the gif there...

I think it was a matter of deHaan shifting to try to connect with Scheif, as Scheifele went to dodge the check. It might have been reckless, but I don't think it was intentional - he doesn't really have a record of these types of hits.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It was a dirty hit also called a cheap shot!:rant: Watching the video of the cheap shot a few more times and you can see that de Haan knew exactly what he was doing: intent to injure!

Hit like that on Crosby, Ovy etc. and had the same injury happened to them de Haan is suspended immediately 5-10 games!

I agree. If this happened to a star player the discipline would be different. Nothing new there...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
oh no I don't think he intended to injure. I just think he did a stupid thing by sticking his leg out when Chef moved to avoid him...just a bad play.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
lack there of a timeline, so bascically, see you in september...

These type of injuries typically take 6-8 weeks to recover from. They're pretty well understood, so that might be why there's a lack of timeline. I think that Maurice mentioned they'd re-evaluate in a week, but I doubt the prognosis changes.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
So my seats happen to be located in front of the opposing team's family and friends seats. Last night, as you would assume, Hamonic's family and friends were there. Worst group I've ever sat in front of. They cheered when Scheifele went down, talking about how it's two minutes well worth it if it takes him out for the rest of the year. I was ready to crack skulls. Luckily, a few of them got tossed out by security after standing through the play and telling the people behind them to **** off.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad