Injury Report: Mark Scheifele injury current information - Out estimated 6-8 weeks

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
So depressed that we lose Mark for most if not all of the season... To distract myself from this did anyone notice Pavelec's VERY Bryzgalov like answer during Saturday's Jets broadcast? The "Q and Eh" was what super powers you would want. Most players said the power to fly, 2 or 3 said teleportation, Trouba said X-Ray vision (12 year old chuckle included). But Pav's... well he said he would like to be a king of the jungle, he would be a lion???????????????

I love him but that was right up there with Bryz's universe comment on 24/7 2 years ago. I'm not sure Pav's understood the question :laugh:

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
So depressed that we lose Mark for most if not all of the season... To distract myself from this did anyone notice Pavelec's VERY Bryzgalov like answer during Saturday's Jets broadcast? The "Q and Eh" was what super powers you would want. Most players said the power to fly, 2 or 3 said teleportation, Trouba said X-Ray vision (12 year old chuckle included). But Pav's... well he said he would like to be a king of the jungle, he would be a lion???????????????

I love him but that was right up there with Bryz's universe comment on 24/7 2 years ago. I'm not sure Pav's understood the question :laugh:

It's worth noting that "super powers" as a concept might seem like a universal idea, but not everyone has a North American comic book and movie background.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
True, de Haan stuck his leg out. However, if Scheifele had just absorbed the hit with his shoulder instead of trying to duck to the side, he wouldn't be out with a sprain. That's probably why Shanahan wasn't looking into the de Haan hit.

I agree that the hit, while borderline results in no disciplinary action because of how Scheifele's trying to avoid it helped cause the injury.

However, people saying he should have just absorbed the hit aren't really thinking clearly or in the moment. As a forward you always try to avoid or minimize body contact against you, for a few reasons. Saving your body, escaping the check to get the puck are the two main ones. The result of this particular evasion was very unfortunate and more a product of DeHaan trying not to miss Scheifele completely.

You don't just take body contact to avoid injury. We have the benefit of endless replays and slo-mo. Scheifele is reacting in the moment and with years and years of programming.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Too bad for Scheif. Not that it matters, but back in December I mentioned on here how Scheif likes to change directions like that last second especially through the middle and I said I sure hope he doesn't get hurt as doing that could lead to a knee on knee. Jets will be in tough to replace him but other guys have to step up.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
It's worth noting that "super powers" as a concept might seem like a universal idea, but not everyone has a North American comic book and movie background.

Maybe he was thinking more along the lines of having cat-like abiliities, like Tigra, or maybe Black Panther, or being able to transform into a lion, like Changeling or something. Yeah, geeking out here...

Anyways, Teleportation, easily. :) Who wants to fly in this weather? Blink - you're there instantly. Appetizers in Thailand, entree in France, dessert in Italy, coffee in Mexico, and a nightcap back at home.

Come to think of it if I had the ability to effortlessly teleport anywhere, I'd probably weigh 500lbs from the lack of walking, and the food.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Frolik can play centre as well.

Frolik doesn't play centre, not even in his junior days.

There was a handful of games in Chicago due to an injury to Dave Bolland a few years back, but the injury to Bolland outlasted the Frolik at centre experiment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-bollands-injury-leaves-a-huge-hole-at-center

While looking for that article I noticed that 15 minutes ago Maurice announced that Frolik has been moved to centre.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...ving-Frolik-to-centre-for-Jets-248852371.html

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Frolik doesn't play centre, not even in his junior days.

There was a handful of games in Chicago due to an injury to Dave Bolland a few years back, but the injury to Bolland outlasted the Frolik at centre experiment.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-bollands-injury-leaves-a-huge-hole-at-center

While looking for that article I noticed that 15 minutes ago Maurice announced that Frolik has been moved to centre.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...ving-Frolik-to-centre-for-Jets-248852371.html

LOL, I hate when that happens! Kudos for not editing your post. :laugh:

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I hope we try Kane at C to replace him. I know he's not the greatest defensively, but perhaps coach Maurice could teach him to be a top calibre offensive C who is serviceable in his own end. Our own Jeff Carter goalscoring W/C type.

Earlier in the season Kane had been requesting an opportunity to play centre.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
I think it was a matter of deHaan shifting to try to connect with Scheif, as Scheifele went to dodge the check. It might have been reckless, but I don't think it was intentional - he doesn't really have a record of these types of hits.

It really sucks that scheifele is seriously injured, but i concur, cant see de Haan doing this on purpose. Guy knows all about injuries.

Terrible move by de Haan though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad