Confirmed with Link: Mark Letestu back to Columbus for a 4th

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
A 33 year old third/fourth liner doesn't move the meter even though I like him when he was here for the first time.

Wondering if this impacts Calvert. Is he on his way out in the next 24 hours?

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I can’t see Calvert bringing back a return that would justify losing him for the rest of the season, unless of course he’s packaged in a deal to being in a top 6 guy

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Dubois-Dubinsky-Letestu/Jenner-Sedlak.....not good
Agreed. But I'm not sold on Wennberg. His contract could be an albatross. If the idiot GM in Montreal takes him, it's pretty much confirmation that he won't amount to much. LOL

But........Panarin, Atkinson, Pacioretty, andAnderson, that's a pretty good looking group of top 6 wingers.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Jarmo said they were talking about Letestu awhile ago, but they didn't wana give up the prospect needed so things died and then apparently Nashville wanted a pick, Edmonton wanted a prospect and we wanted Letestu.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Good low-risk with decent upside trade by Jarmo. Not expecting much else by the deadline.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Pacioretty for Wennberg, Texier (requisite Frenchy going back) and JJ?

I think people undervalue a lot of prospects around here including our own. The Jackets are entirely sold on Tex. They were so high on him at the draft that they took him 45th overall when in reality most scouts/Craig Button had him going between the 90-100th range (late 3rd, early 4th). He’s playing in Liiga as an 18 year old... playing 15-17 minutes a night too on KalPa’s second line. Kid is very raw but has tremendous potential.

That being said, we can’t afford to lose Wennberg. The only logical proposal that can be made from a Jackets standpoint that includes Wenny is one in which a center is coming back our way.. a la Galchenyuk. I have my doubts that MTL and CBJ are good trade partners.. mainly because there has been talk about Bergevin and his fascination for PLD and I’d imagine Jarmo hangs up the phone immediately at the mention of “Pierre”.

The proposal you posted in itself is something MTL would laugh hard at but....

I think adding Pacioretty would be huge though, so I don’t disagree with your post entirely. I mean we’re talking about 5 time 30 goal scorer.. in which we badly need, goal scoring. I stand firm on my belief that IF Jarmo does make a big move, it’s going to be one out of left field.. one that not many people would see coming a la Panarin. But that’s a big IF. At this point, I believe Jarmo will unload a contract but not make any major moves tomorrow. Just my two cents :)

Reactions: Viqsi

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I think people undervalue a lot of prospects around here including our own. The Jackets are entirely sold on Tex. They were so high on him at the draft that they took him 45th overall when in reality most scouts/Craig Button had him going between the 90-100th range (late 3rd, early 4th). He’s playing in Liiga as an 18 year old... playing 15-17 minutes a night too on KalPa’s second line. Kid is very raw but has tremendous potential.

That being said, we can’t afford to lose Wennberg. The only logical proposal that can be made from a Jackets standpoint that includes Wenny is one in which a center is coming back our way.. a la Galchenyuk. I have my doubts that MTL and CBJ are good trade partners.. mainly because there has been talk about Bergevin and his fascination for PLD and I’d imagine Jarmo hangs up the phone immediately at the mention of “Pierre”.

I think adding Pacioretty would be huge though, so I don’t disagree with your post entirely. I mean we’re talking about 5 time 30 goal scorer.. in which we badly need, goal scoring. I stand firm on my belief that IF Jarmo does make a big move, it’s going to be one out of left field.. one that not many people would see coming a la Panarin. But that’s a big IF. At this point, I believe Jarmo will unload a contract but not make any major moves tomorrow. Just my two cents :)

I agree.

PLD straight up for Galchenyuk and Pacioretty doesn't even appeal to me. Everyone gripes about not having difference makers, but we have one of our own and he's only 19.

I see him every bit as valuable to this team as a Jamie Benn or Ryan Getzlaf.

Any offer that involves him needs to be shut down immediately. Unless it's Connor McDavid or Auston Matthews.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

In my personal opinion there's absolutely no way Jarmo can move Wennberg right now, that's asking to get ripped off.

There are a lot of people in Columbus who want Wennberg gone(almost all my hockey friends have mentioned something about getting rid of him) but can you imagine selling low on him and then he goes and becomes a 70pt player somewhere? People would be screaming for Jarmos head(as if they already weren't before)

I think the only way Wennberg gets moved is if Jarmo puts together a last minute package deal for Tavares or a more realistic scenario, someone like Zibanejad

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I agree.

PLD straight up for Galchenyuk and Pacioretty doesn't even appeal to me. Everyone gripes about not having difference makers, but we have one of our own and he's only 19.

I see him every bit as valuable to this team as a Jamie Benn or Ryan Getzlaf.

Any offer that involves him needs to be shut down immediately. Unless it's Connor McDavid or Auston Matthews.

PLD alone isn’t worth Patches AND Chuky..

Also, you wouldn’t trade say.. PLD for Patrick Kane? PLD for Ovechkin? PLD for Stamkos?

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
PLD alone isn’t worth Patches AND Chuky..

Also, you wouldn’t trade say.. PLD for Patrick Kane? PLD for Ovechkin? PLD for Stamkos?

Nope.

Stamkos may be the only one from that list I would consider honestly.

Kane is nearing the end of his prime and would eat up so much cap that we would be handcuffed for years. Ovechkin is in his mid-30s now and is bound to start suffering from ailments at some point, due to the way he plays. Besides, I think he's ready to jump ship and play in his home country during his golden years. And, how many Cups has he won?

Stammer is a great player and has a few good years left in the tank, but injuries have plagued him.

Would you rather have a 19 year old on an ELC who has chemistry with Panarin, is becoming a dominant force in all three zones, and is only getting better...

Or would you rather have an underachieving 23 year old and another second line left wing?

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Solid move and I'm very happy to see Letestu back as a Jacket. Not a savior by any stretch but he should be an improvement in a lot of areas we've struggled in.

I'm on the fence if we'll see additional moves. I think Jarmo is pushing hard for a hockey trade to bring in a proven scorer with term but we just don't see many of those at the deadline. I think Montreal is definitely the team to watch with Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. Could a combo of Jenner, Milano, 2nd get it done for one of those guys?

I think if there was really a first on the table for Johnson he'd be gone already. I'm curious if they'll move him for a 2nd which I think he can certainly get (and in turn use it as currency to pick up a scorer).

If memory serves, I believe Torts had Pacioretty in the Wold Cup of Hockey last year and was critical of his play. Not sure what kind of impact that would have on a possible acquisition but something to consider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad