Confirmed with Link: Mark Letestu back to Columbus for a 4th

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Does Montreal care about real French people? Considering they are pretend French people and all?

Actually they do. Coach and GM must be bilingual and there has always been a preference for francophone players.

Texier would be fine. Even as a real Frenchman.

It's "does" btw.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I believe Jarmo said the deal died because Edmonton wanted a prospect CBJ weren't willing to give. Nashville was willing to give apparently.
Given that it was Aberg given up, I'd be inclined to guess Edmonton was inquiring after Milano - both are skill players that were briefly on hot streaks yet are seen as being reclamation projects at this point.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Actually they do. Coach and GM must be bilingual and there has always been a preference for francophone players.

Texier would be fine. Even as a real Frenchman.

It's "does" btw.

I'll remember to use the :sarcasm: next time.

Hopefully you are right on the grammar lesson. If that comes up and causes me to fail my GED test I'll hold you personally responsible. :laugh:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Sedlak hasn't been as good this year as He was last, in his defense his wingers are not the same.

I'm fine with this move, worth a 4th to find a veteran for the stretch run, maybe give the PP a boost. Always been a team guy, totally unselfish.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
What are the odds Letestu resigns here in the summer, I wonder. I'd assume pretty high.

I always thought that letting him walk was a big time mistake. This move helps the powerplay, penalty kill, center depth, and 4th line all at once, for a small price. It's a great move.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
What are the odds Letestu resigns here in the summer, I wonder. I'd assume pretty high.

I always thought that letting him walk was a big time mistake. This move helps the powerplay, penalty kill, center depth, and 4th line all at once, for a small price. It's a great move.

I think if the CBJ want him he'll stay pretty cheap. He has to know his playing days are winding down and this next contract is probably his last considering his skill level. I bet if a 2 year deal for between 1.25 and 1.5 million is an option you do it. We know what kind of character and performance he can provide to this team and he can do something only one other person can do. Win a faceoff.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
When the rumors were out there that we had interest in Mark, many of our fans said they didn't want him because "he's not the same player" or "he's slow" etc.

Sure looks like the Letestu we all know and love. A player like him doesn't just "lose it". He doesn't have all the skill in the world, but he's just so damn smart. You just don't stop being a smart hockey player. Guy will be in this league for at least 2 more years.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
When the rumors were out there that we had interest in Mark, many of our fans said they didn't want him because "he's not the same player" or "he's slow" etc.

Sure looks like the Letestu we all know and love. A player like him doesn't just "lose it". He doesn't have all the skill in the world, but he's just so damn smart. You just don't stop being a smart hockey player. Guy will be in this league for at least 2 more years.
And I hope those years are with us.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana

In a way, he reminds me of a lesser Ray Whitney. He can play a long time in this league because of his play style, and hockey intelligence. Hopefully we can give him a position in the organization after he retires ala Wright or Clark.

As for the trivia, I'd guess Bob, Calvert, Savard, Johnson, Dubi, Boone, and Cam.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Answer: CBJ @ NYI, April 11, 2015

Wennberg, Atkinson, Dubinsky, Calvert, Johnson, Savard, Jenner

Guys in 2015 lineup not in 2018 lineup:
Prout, Connauton, Anisimov, Foligno, Johanson, Dano, Golubef, Hartnell, Morin, Tyutin

Guys in 2018 lineup not here in 2015:
Dubois, Panarin, Bjorkstrand, Anderson, Sedlak, Cole, Werenski, Jones, Milano, Murray

Reactions: Mac DeMarco

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad