Confirmed with Link: Mark Letestu back to Columbus for a 4th

Daisy Ridley

Feb 28, 2018
It was fun seeing him against the caps. All the better that he and his wife love the city. Glad to have him back.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Answer: CBJ @ NYI, April 11, 2015

Wennberg, Atkinson, Dubinsky, Calvert, Johnson, Savard, Jenner

Guys in 2015 lineup not in 2018 lineup:
Prout, Connauton, Anisimov, Foligno, Johanson, Dano, Golubef, Hartnell, Morin, Tyutin

Guys in 2018 lineup not here in 2015:
Dubois, Panarin, Bjorkstrand, Anderson, Sedlak, Cole, Werenski, Jones, Milano, Murray
Matching them up roughly by position (discounting Foligno, who's still with the team, and Milano, who would probably have sat if Foligno were healthy):
Johansen -> Dubois
Hartnell -> Panarin
Dano -> Anderson
Anisimov -> Sedlak
Morin -> Bjorkstrand
Tyutin -> Cole
Connauton -> Werenski
Goloubef -> Murray
Prout -> Jones

That's not a lot of downgrades.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Matching them up roughly by position (discounting Foligno, who's still with the team, and Milano, who would probably have sat if Foligno were healthy):
Johansen -> Dubois TBD
Hartnell -> Panarin UPGRADE
Dano -> Anderson UPGRADE
Anisimov -> Sedlak DOWNGRADE
Morin -> Bjorkstrand UPGRADE
Tyutin -> Cole UPGRADE
Connauton -> Werenski UPGRADE
Goloubef -> Murray UPGRADE
Prout -> Jones UPGRADE

I only count one.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Johansen -> Dubois
Hartnell -> Panarin
Dano -> Anderson
Anisimov -> Sedlak
Morin -> Bjorkstrand
Tyutin -> Cole
Connauton -> Werenski
Goloubef -> Murray
Prout -> Jones

But a full analysis would have to include these:

Dubinsky 2015>>Dubinsky 2018
Jenner 2015>> Jenner 2018
Johnson 2015>Johnson 2018
Foligno2015>Foligno 2018

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
In a way, he reminds me of a lesser Ray Whitney. He can play a long time in this league because of his play style, and hockey intelligence. Hopefully we can give him a position in the organization after he retires ala Wright or Clark.
Ray Whitney is my all-time favorite Jacket. I was thinking of making the exact same comparison, but thought I would be laughed at!

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
1 goal.
2 assists.
3 points.
12:06 TOI.
56% faceoffs.
18 games played.

Question for all (would appreciate a thorough answer instead of simply, “yes” or “no” :) )

Has Mark met your expectations so far since rejoining our team? Why or why not?

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
Mark has met my expectations. I expected a reliable, smart, conservative fourth line player that can play up adequately in a pinch. He's a little softer/slower (age) than I want but he is more reliable taking faceoffs than I expected. He doesn't exceed. He doesn't disappoint. I'm glad we have him.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I had higher expectations point wise but at the same time it was because I know he can produce on the PP but our PP is just so bad and especially that 2nd unit is just bad. We REALLY need to get a new guy to run that next year. I'm ok keeping Larsson and hiring another guy for it but if we have to fire him so be it. Seems like the guys like him and he's been loyal but with the 2 best scoring D in the league and a group of Cam, PLD, and Bread we have to be top 10... Last place is beyond unacceptable. If we are 15th Bread is at 90 points Cam hits 30 both Jones and Z hit 20 and PLD is close to 60pts while we have 100 points and fight for 1st in the metro instead of 2nd.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
But a full analysis would have to include these:

Dubinsky 2015>>Dubinsky 2018
Jenner 2015>> Jenner 2018
Johnson 2015>Johnson 2018
Foligno2015>Foligno 2018
Jenner has recently caught lighting in a bottle, but otherwise two major drop-offs and another trailing 2015 for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad