Player Discussion Mark Jankowski

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Going into that draft all year I wanted Teuvo, all year I told my buddy from College we should go for Teuvo.

Draft comes up and Teuvo is available at our pick.

We being the Flames obviously have to trade down for more assets (cool Sieloff pick) and skip Teuvo to take Jankowski. Now Teuvo is a 60-70 point man and Jankowski is trending to be out of the league in 2 years.

Kill me now.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
What is truly disappointing is that he has the fewest shots / shot attempts on the team.

Lucic and Czarnik trail him in shot attempt rate.

But that's also misleading in its own right, as he hasn't been shooting from the perimeter but he's still had some shots. Interestingly, though, his individual expected goals is near the top of the team - the shots he has had are very high quality looks:

PlayerGoals/60ixG/60
Mikael Backlund0.230.91
Sam Bennett0.970.87
Mark Jankowski00.85
Andrew Mangiapane0.960.81
Tobias Rieder0.520.77
Alan Quine0.740.76
Sean Monahan0.450.75
Matthew Tkachuk0.690.71
Derek Ryan0.870.7
Johnny Gaudreau0.430.43
Michael Frolik0.310.39
Elias Lindholm1.220.38
Milan Lucic00.35
Austin Czarnik0.850.24
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Replacement level player. It took him being a senior in college to break out offensively, his AHL numbers were good; but nothing different than guys like Quine, etc.

Two lucky years being force fed top 9 minutes, deserving of not many. Lucky to have a 4 goal night one year and on the PK last year.

His knock had always been his processing speed. He doesn’t have it. Waste of a huge frame too with how he plays the game. It’ll be the type of player that’ll be out of the league by age 30.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Time for Jankowski and Bennett to be traded. Both players have hit their peak and it's not pretty. Come on Tree... work your magic.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
What's wrong with having guys at their peak on fair contracts?

They suck?

Seriously Bennett is alright as long as we dont expect him to be a top 6 or something.

Jank is not even a good bottom 6...I dont care if he is gone.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
What's wrong with having guys at their peak on fair contracts?
Because I'm hoping that Treliving can work out some kind of package deal that would include both those players that would return a player that would actually help the Flames now or in the near future. Right now I've given up on both these players and that's a new position for me. I've always felt that both had good potential. I've changed my mind. Bennett will likely never score 30+ points for the Flames (which is pretty sad considering his draft position) and Janko will never be anything more than a 4th line center for the Flames. Janko will be a 26 year old UFA next year and Bennett is a 4th overall pick flop who can't score and takes more than is fair share of stupid penalties. Time to cut them both loose before they have time to totally destroy any of their current value.... and move on to the next prospect.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Because I'm hoping that Treliving can work out some kind of package deal that would include both those players that would return a player that would actually help the Flames now or in the near future. Right now I've given up on both these players and that's a new position for me. I've always felt that both had good potential. I've changed my mind.
But if the problem is that they are obviously flawed players who aren't helping the team, what convinces another team to take them on? Especially at the price of a useful player.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
But if the problem is that they are obviously flawed players who aren't helping the team, what convinces another team to take them on? Especially at the price of a useful player.
Sometimes GMs make trades because circumstances force them to (see Lucic/Neal trade). Its not like Bennett and Jankowski aren't NHL caliber players.
Plus its certainly within reason that these two players could be included in a trade that includes one of our other players too. Some teams need help now because their bottom 6 is AHL quality and the GM could possibly still see "potential" in both Benny and Janko. Janko also has a history of being a good player on the PK and Bennett can also provide "grit" to a team that's lacking in that area.
Just as an example... since it appears that Taylor Hall is unlikely to re-sign with the Devils... perhaps the Devils would entertain a trade of Hall for Janko, Bennett, and Frolik?

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Maybe, but only if there is a certainty that Hall would sign here first. I think it more likely Jersey would want a high end player in return, e.g. Gaudreau.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Just as an example... since it appears that Taylor Hall is unlikely to re-sign with the Devils... perhaps the Devils would entertain a trade of Hall for Janko, Bennett, and Frolik?

I would think the Devils want value back for Hall and Jankowski and Frolik would have zero value for them. I like Bennett more than most but I don't think he provides enough value for Hall alone.

I am also not sure why the Flames would focus on getting another LHS Lwer. I mean if we can steal him for basically nothing sure but Hall is a terrible fit for this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad