Value of: Mark Jankowski

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
I was wondering what the cost to trade for Jankowski would be? He’s still unsigned and Calgary has plenty of center depth with signing Derek Ryan. Also what kind of contract would he command?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
There's potential for him to turn into a top 6 center.

I don't even know what Calgary would want for him. May as well just keep him and see what he turns into. Could be the perfect 3C

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
There's potential for him to turn into a top 6 center.

I don't even know what Calgary would want for him. May as well just keep him and see what he turns into. Could be the perfect 3C
I think he would be too, but with the money they gave Ryan it would appear he’s slated to be 3C and then he also has Monahan and Backlund ahead of him.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I was wondering what the cost to trade for Jankowski would be? He’s still unsigned and Calgary has plenty of center depth with signing Derek Ryan. Also what kind of contract would he command?

Once again, overpayment. Flames have spent a lot of time with his development, and he's looking good. Ryan is not gonna make Jankowski expendable, it just adds center depth and flexibility. Jankowski is cost controlled for few more seasons so no sense trading him.

I feel like this is gonna be just like that Jake Bean thread

Reactions: Sir Goose

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I wouldn't be in a big hurry to move on from Jankowski.
I think he has a fair bit more to offer.

Reactions: north49er

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Best player of the draft. Ez.

Wonder how much crap Jankowski has had to take up until now just because the GM that drafted him foolishly sounded off one year. Poor guy must have to stay off twitter :laugh:.

He's finally made it, he's going to make several millions of dollars this year, maybe even 2 or 3. Probably not that much. He is a viable NHL center, you can't argue that after a semi-successful season when his wingers were a headcase in Bennett and a player who had no place in any NHL top 9 Garnett Hathaway. Had some nice goals among his 17 in the season, including a 4 goal game. I think his value would surprise you.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Wonder how much crap Jankowski has had to take up until now just because the GM that drafted him foolishly sounded off one year. Poor guy must have to stay off twitter :laugh:.

He's finally made it, he's going to make several millions of dollars this year, maybe even 2 or 3. Probably not that much. He is a viable NHL center, you can't argue that after a semi-successful season when his wingers were a headcase in Bennett and a player who had no place in any NHL top 9 Garnett Hathaway. Had some nice goals among his 17 in the season, including a 4 goal game. I think his value would surprise you.
Yea I don't hate him, you know we always throw chirps our way. haha

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
before Calagry got Neal I was thinking a deal of Toffoli for Bennett and Jankowski. Would have solidified Calgary's right side with a legitimate top 6 RW, would have given LA options and Carter injury insurance.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
before Calagry got Neal I was thinking a deal of Toffoli for Bennett and Jankowski. Would have solidified Calgary's right side with a legitimate top 6 RW, would have given LA options and Carter injury insurance.

Calgary would have no interest in that deal.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Just offer sheet Jankowski at 3.5 million per compensation 2019 second round pick.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Just offer sheet Jankowski at 3.5 million per compensation 2019 second round pick.

Sure if you want to piss off another team for little benefit and have to watch your back

A 2nd for the benefit of overpaying Jankowski is about right lol

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Most of us think that there are two scenarios involving Janko and Ryan, either they play together, or we kind of run with 2 third lines (Bennett/Janko/Czarnik and Frolik/Ryan/Brouwer) or Ryan flanks Janko and Bennett ande takes draws on his strong side.

I suspect he will sign for 2 or 3 years at 1-2 million

I wouldn't be in a big hurry to move on from Jankowski.
I think he has a fair bit more to offer.
We're not in a hurry to move on from him.

You can't, he filed for arbitration

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I would do toffoli 1 for 1 with either of those players but definitely not both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad