Mark Arcobello vs Sam Gagner 2014/15 Season

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hes going to have a better season than Gagner.

At a fraction of the cost and we also got Purcell out of the deal. While I don't see Arco as a long term fit, I've felt for some time that he could replace Gagner and we wouldn't be worse for it.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
:handclap: haha... nice one.

I was always curious however if he was the driver for offense, or if his linemates were...

He always chose offense over defense, I've never seen a center cheat for offense as much as Gagner used to. The points were there because of it but the two way game was never there. As much as people are saying that Leon should be returned to junior he puts in a much better effort on D and is already better defensively than Gagner ever was. Gagner has an opportunity to turn his game around but he will have to play on both sides of the puck in Arizona. It'll be interesting to see if he sinks or swims.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He always chose offense over defense, I've never seen a center cheat for offense as much as Gagner used to. The points were there because of it but the two way game was never there. As much as people are saying that Leon should be returned to junior he puts in a much better effort on D and is already better defensively than Gagner ever was. Gagner has an opportunity to turn his game around but he will have to play on both sides of the puck in Arizona. It'll be interesting to see if he sinks or swims.

this.

Nice post.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

He has always the puck skills and the talent. But his commitment and effort levels were never there. He didn't improve his game in any aspect over 7 seasons as an Oiler and couldn't absorb any teachings from 5(?) different coaches. I think best case senario is that he carves out a Kyle Wellwood like career and becomes a reliable 2 way player. Worst case he's in Europe before he's in his 30's.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
He lost his hands and he didn't know how to pass anymore. I have no idea how that happens because when he's on a break away/shootout his hands come back. I attributed it to a change of stick or stick length. Not to mention his pathetic balance and weak on his skates.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He lost his hands and he didn't know how to pass anymore. I have no idea how that happens because when he's on a break away/shootout his hands come back. I attributed it to a change of stick or stick length. Not to mention his pathetic balance and weak on his skates.

It looked like he was scared of contact last season. Not willing to go to the tough areas, and tossing the puck away as soon as he was about to be checked

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
It looked like he was scared of contact last season. Not willing to go to the tough areas, and tossing the puck away as soon as he was about to be checked

If you'd ever broke your jaw you'd understand that.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
For $4.8M I'd break my jaw and let ever poster here punch my reconstructed jaw.

If you were getting paid $4.8M regardless of how you acted, you'd choose the Sam Gagner route, aka the Tom Gilbert route. Puss out and be healthy enough to play several more years. Screw the team.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
If you were getting paid $4.8M regardless of how you acted, you'd choose the Sam Gagner route, aka the Tom Gilbert route. Puss out and be healthy enough to play several more years. Screw the team.

Yet everyone and their freaking mom, including crappy Oiler pundits like Spec crucified Hemsky when he bailed on a hit along the boards saying he's soft and lost the will to compete.

This was the same Hemsky that went to all the hard areas and had surgery on both shoulders. Sometimes Oiler fans sicken me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad