Waived: Mark Arcobello on waivers at noon

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
You were hoping for a first or second rounder for Arco? Lol, sorry but that's just funny.

NO. I have been consistently saying over numerous posts that these so called 1st & 2nd round returns for (most of) our 1 year guys and PTO won't happen. Nice try, but I have been saying the exact OPPOSITE.

Last edited:

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
If he was playing like this and managed 17 goals among 4 separate teams, then wow. Just wow. Arco goes to the AHL squad right? Should help bolster their scoring.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
NO. I have been consistently saying over numerous posts that these so called 1st & 2nd round returns for (most of) our 1 year guys and PTO won't happen. Nice try, but I have been saying the exact OPPOSITE.

I don't think anyone expects that.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

No one expected that.

Optimisticly people were hoping for a couple of 2nds plus later picks from the new signings, but almost everyone recognized that not every single new signing would pan out.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

No one thought we'd get that much. Most of us were hopeful for a 4th or so.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Arcobello?

Never heard of him.

Just some guy that was dumped during year one of the re-rebuild. I can't wait to forget most of the rest of these guys names..

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Honestly was hoping for a great under-dog story here. Didn't happen. With this year's team, you can take that chance.

I really think the Leafs are looking at figuring out who will be their bottom six forwards more so then trying to build them up just to trade them. Look at Edmonton with all their young talent... talent that doesn't fill the bottom six roles at all. Gretzky wins you games, MacTavish wins you Championships. Our top six are coming.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Wow!! I was expecting mgmt to give it 10 games before they started waiving. Guess you know when you know.

Typical Toronto media getting a story completely wrong. Holland gets sat and the media is all over with stories about his days being numbered and how he's getting waived. Next day Arcobello gets waived.

Blowing a story way out of proportion just to write articles and get views.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Wow!! I was expecting mgmt to give it 10 games before they started waiving. Guess you know when you know.

Typical Toronto media getting a story completely wrong. Holland gets sat and the media is all over with stories about his days being numbered and how he's getting waived. Next day Arcobello gets waived.

Blowing a story way out of proportion just to write articles and get views.

It's both? Holland gets more of a chance because he's young, but he's still in the doghouse.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
I wonder if they will treat the top 6 forwards similarly to the bottom 6 forwards. It's easy to dump Arco but what do you do with the glass man Lupul?

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
It's both? Holland gets more of a chance because he's young, but he's still in the doghouse.

I don't see them waiving two young centers. I believe it was just a message being sent. One game is nothing, if he sits multiple games then maybe.

There are still more people ahead of Holland who should go.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
I wonder if they will treat the top 6 forwards similarly to the bottom 6 forwards. It's easy to dump Arco but what do you do with the glass man Lupul?

You wait for the inevitable injury, then put him on LTIR.

mallory67

Jul 2, 2015
North Carolina
Exactly. It was wishful thinking on many posters part to think Boyes, PAP, Arcobello, etc, would return 1st and 2nd round picks at the deadline. Even a 3rd rounders would be iffy imo, beyond that picks don't have a ton of value.

Going to be very hard to get trade value out of our forwards.

We are going to have a very bad offensive year ... if it was not for the black hole in Anaheim we would have the worst GF in the league.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Arcobello is like the Jekyl/Hyde character. All the good things about his game are exactly what the Leafs could use in their bottom six. Unfortunately, his flaws are the the types of things Shanahan and co. are trying to push out the door.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Didn't make sense when the Leafs signed him.

i agree completely. i think at the time of his signing we had bozak-kadri-holland-spaling down the middle with mathias, komorov, and boyes able to play center in a pinch. there was really no reason to sign him in the first place. at least when shanny/hunter/dubas mess up it costs $800,000. When burke/nonis **** up it cost $25 million (clarkson, grabovski, komisarik)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad