Mario too slow??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Latin*

David said:
Mario played a good game tonight and made a some good plays. He was also good defensively. He even batted the puck out of the air and turned it into a pretty good scoring chance... tonight and the last game, he looked pretty good as a set up man and a very good defensive forward.

I can't find the emoticon for "eat crow". Can someone point it out for me?

S L

espo*

The guy was born to play hockey and is a genius.Think he looked slow in that game last night?He was brilliant defensively and was an offensive threat just like he always is,he's lost leg speed over the years of course(he's 39) but his thinking is still faster then anyones and his hands are still sweet.He's simply magnificent,even at 39.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
Mario looked great last night.

Canada's opening goal was thanks to him.

He recieved a pass that was behind him, revieved it avoided a hit by pulling a Datsyuk like move and then fed Sakic for the goal.

It was like everything was happening in slow motion for him.

If that's not play making ability I don't know what is.

-_-

Feb 9, 2003
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
Jacques Plante said:
Mario looked great last night.

Canada's opening goal was thanks to him.

He recieved a pass that was behind him, revieved it avoided a hit by pulling a Datsyuk like move and then fed Sakic for the goal.

It was like everything was happening in slow motion for him.

If that's not play making ability I don't know what is.

So true, + he made an exceptionnal pass to Sakic from the right faceoff circle directly on the blade of Joe's stick who was joinning the rush on the right side, it was somewhere in the first, it was amazing... he's reading the play perfectly !

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Jacques Plante said:
There was also the play were he batted the puck out of the air and seconds later came around to score. I think he had another good game.

When i have seen this pass reception, i wasnt sure many would point it out as around me this play remained unnoticed. But GOD, this reception was something... PP or not, there's about 3 or 4 guys in the world who could have caught this one and Mario is still one of those. Mario is catching this kind of pass on a consistant basis which is not the case for anyone else in the world right now imo.

Hands are still there for him, but at 39, he's not the overall player is was.
_______

On another note: How can someone said of Lemieux is was a goalscorer and that Gretzky was a playmaker ?????????????

Those 2 forwards represent the sum of the 2. The are the perfect offensive package. You dont Label Jordan the best passer or Bonds the best homerun hitter. They are the best PLAYERS.

SedinFan*

Did Mario look slow? Yes he did.

Did Mario look like a God with some of the passes he made? Yes.

It evens out nicely.

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
SedinFan said:
Did Mario look slow? Yes he did.

Did Mario look like a God with some of the passes he made? Yes.

It evens out nicely.

Exactley. The rest of his game more than make up for it.

It's like complaining that Gretzky wasn't a great skater... absolutely Pejorative Slured, he's still a magician with the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad