Rumor: Mario Duhamel (Drummondville Voltigeurs) is joining Roy and Tourigny

member 116861

People in Drummondville say he's a good tactician.

It's funny how every news about the Avalanche gets out from a Quebec based reporter since Roy's hiring. :laugh:

You shouldn't be shocked, our reporters are complete garbage.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

It's funny how every news about the Avalanche gets out from a Quebec based reporter since Roy's hiring. :laugh:

That's ok, you'll never see me complain about coverage of the Avs coming out of Canada. Or any extra coverage for that matter...

Our beat writers suck, and the team has been irrelevant when it comes to media attention for so long now it's depressing as a fan.

The Denver media will probably get more when Roy is in Denver full time.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
NHL experience would be nice, but it's not needed to be successful. Paul MacLean obviously had more experience than Roy at the NHL level before coming on, but he brought in two assistants with no NHL experience and it's worked out great.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We need a regime change at the Denver post aswell specifically the people covering the Avs.

I'll volunteer....I promise that I would make less than the current Avs beat writers there, and I would still be able to see it as a significant raise from what I make now.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's not weird that the Denver Post people don't have a lot of connections in Quebec. Can't fault them for not being first with these hirings.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It's not weird that the Denver Post people don't have a lot of connections in Quebec. Can't fault them for not being first with these hirings.

but at the same time, it's the Colorado Avalanche who are based in the city you cover. you shouldn't get scooped all the time.
you should have some connections and be able to pull out scoops.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

True.

Roy, Tourigny and Duhamel are all in Chicoutimi for the QMJHL draft. It's just normal that a reporter who is in Chicoutimi got the news before a reporter who's 2,100 miles from there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs like to bring in guys to the video role before promoting them to being Assistants it seems (Deadmarsh, Army most recently). I would imagine we're keeping Army around because they feel he did an ok job (maybe a management call, maybe the players probably had positive or at least neutral things to say about him in their end of year feedback) and because he knows the players and what went wrong last year. Some continuity isn't the worst thing in the world.

I'd imagine his contract was probably 2 years just like Sacco's, so I'm willing to bet he'll be let go or moved to a different role next year and Duhamel or someone else that Roy prefers will replace him next summer.

I'm thinking that too. Just a guess, but I think they may be keeping Army around since he knows the players, and they know him, and they've agreed to part ways next year. That's why he's getting interest from respected coaches to be the video coach, because they've all but been promised an assistants job next year. Then when they come on board, they're familiar with the players too. Just speculation on my part.

Well it sure ain't gonna come from the "reporters" in Denver. Not only does this info keep coming out of Quebec, this Patrick Caisse guy got a confirmation from a member of the Avalanche too.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Well it sure ain't gonna come from the "reporters" in Denver. Not only does this info keep coming out of Quebec, this Patrick Caisse guy got a confirmation from a member of the Avalanche too.

I wouldn't consider Patrick Caisse a reliable source if I were you. Habs fans stopped listening to his crap since he announced Alexander Frolov's trade to Montreal in 2010 for Max Pacioretty. A lot of people took it seriously, it was all over the radio and tv and then a few days later, he admitted he made it up just to get more attention... He's a tool.

The first news about Duhamel didn't come from him.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I have read his first move as assistant to the video coach's assistant video coach... is to replace these in the video room with some more modern equipment:

jvcvhs1976.jpg

Early word is that Kroenke is not willing to foot the bill.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I have read his first move as assistant to the video coach's assistant video coach... is to replace these in the video room with some more modern equipment:

jvcvhs1976.jpg

Early word is that Kroenke is not willing to foot the bill.

I hear that's what they have hooked up to their jumbotron from the same era.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
With all the fresh faces coming in we might as well move this team back to Quebec...

Not serious

Last edited:

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
With all the fresh faces coming in we might as well move this team back to Quebec...

Not serious

Just out of curiosity, anyone know how well these coaches speak English? Our team only has two French speakers on it, I think (PAP and Bordy?).

I hope communication doesn't become an issue if one of the coaches can't express himself well enough. I guess we have Army for that, though?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Just out of curiosity, anyone know how well these coaches speak English? Our team only has two French speakers on it, I think (PAP and Bordy?).

I hope communication doesn't become an issue if one of the coaches can't express himself well enough. I guess we have Army for that, though?

Pretty sure Stastny does as well.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

Nowadays the Q league have players from Europe on each team( or are able to ) , plus players from the US , from time to time . Coaches have to adjust with those players who dont come to the league speaking french . So speaking English is not a problem for them , since i'm guessing that some of the coaches in the Q are already doing most of their speaches in English anyway .

It wasnt the same with the old generation of coaches . A guy like Richard Martel as exemple , who used to coach in the Q league for so long didnt get any promotion to coach in the AHL , because back then , he didnt speak English .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad