Post-Game Talk: Marill... Merrill..! Habs win in Oil town

Megaforce

Oilers board is livid at the refs. I peeked in last night and was quite surprised at the unanimity of the outrage. They say Drai didn't deserve that penalty and Weber was cross checking all night.

Many were saying that the goalie interference should have been confirmed. Hard to imagine how that could be deemed goalie interference.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
In spite of what the mouth breathing future Sens fans think, Drouin played ok. Set up Perry on a great chance. Skated well. Fluke penalty against. Not sure how they determined that guy was even bleeding. Good team victory. All players pitched in.
Didn't really notice Drouin until he had that penalty. I'm starting to actually feel bad for the guy.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Anderson/Romanov/KK were so good last night. I think Suzuki is hurt, he isn't moving through the zones like he was last year or the first 20 games.
Suzuki was good for a while then went cold last year, too. Reverse of junior.

Reactions: Habs

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Suzuki was good for a while then went cold last year, too. Reverse of junior.

I think the playoff style games will help Suzuki produce. He's great at reading the play and stealing pucks. The stakes and pressure of the games ahead are going to have players make mistakes and he'll be his even-keeled self, ready to pounce.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah, overall I still prefer playing every team.

But this end of season when we're playing teams in our division in mini season as we all try to lock in a playoff spot and jockey for position will be exciting.

We still have one more 2 game series against the Oilers to end the season. Hopefully we'll have locked down a playoff spot by then. But that series could determine who is the 3 seed and who is the 4th.

love your optimism...

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I think the playoff style games will help Suzuki produce. He's great at reading the play and stealing pucks. The stakes and pressure of the games ahead are going to have players make mistakes and he'll be his even-keeled self, ready to pounce.

Or maybe he just gets more beat up in the NHL? Or opposing coaches figure him out better? One of the main differences the first dozen games was that Suzuki was ppg along with Drouin...

Based on junior I would have expected playing lots of games against the same guys would help him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
love your optimism...

If we win the game in hand we have on the Oilers, we're 5 points behind them. So we'd only need to gain 1 extra point on them before the final two games of the year to have a shot at catching them.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
:laugh::laugh: Redneck Nation still going ballistic over the refs from last night. :cry::cry:

The way McBaby is running around, I hope he gets one in the teeth next game. Let's give the trailer trash rednecks something to really complain about. :snide::snide:

Reactions: dinodebino

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
:laugh::laugh: Redneck Nation still going ballistic over the refs from last night. :cry::cry:

The way McBaby is running around, I hope he gets one in the teeth next game. Let's give the trailer trash rednecks something to really complain about. :snide::snide:

They should go talk to the Toronto fans who think Gretzky was a pretty good player propelled to stardom by power crazed refs. That would be a fun discussion.

Reactions: dinodebino

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I missed the game, but what did Drouin do that was so horrific this time? Is this a case where the criticism is warranted or more throwing shade at the Habs new whipping boy.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
In spite of what the mouth breathing future Sens fans think, Drouin played ok. Set up Perry on a great chance. Skated well. Fluke penalty against. Not sure how they determined that guy was even bleeding. Good team victory. All players pitched in.

no

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Generally refs should be slightly disliked by fans of both teams, at least long term. Winning has an impact. Losing team fans should always be unhappy, winning team fans should generally not be thrilled but not yelling. Sure, some people are able to be objective but it is pretty rare. Plus there seem to be rules:

1. Even up penalties. Looks fair even though it isn't.
2. Penalize the team with the lead, especially if the game is getting out of reach. Keep those viewers.
3. Penalize a team repeatedly if the coach yells too much.
4. If a team argues a type of penalties are not being called then only call those penalties on that team.

plus, possibly,

5. Help out those expansion teams and other teams without established fan bases (even at Toronto's expense, money talks louder than home towns).
6. Extra points for getting booed in French.

Scott1243

Oct 17, 2017
My thoughts on Suzuki and remember I know nothing.... I think DD or whoever have been pressing his Defensive game, maybe to be the next Danault, who knows but if he gets back to basics, thinks of himself as an offensive forward he'll be fine. On the other hand who knows lol.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I missed the game, but what did Drouin do that was so horrific this time? Is this a case where the criticism is warranted or more throwing shade at the Habs new whipping boy.
Habs lead 4-1 with 5-6 minutes left. They also just started an PP. Drouin high sticked Archibald and got 4 min penalties. Oilers scored to make it 4-2. They got momentum and scored another one with 90 seconds left. There were a flurries of chance from the Oilers during those 90 seconds. Luckily we held on. Drouin could have cost us the game.

Reactions: Habano

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If we win the game in hand we have on the Oilers, we're 5 points behind them. So we'd only need to gain 1 extra point on them before the final two games of the year to have a shot at catching them.

si les chiens avaient des scies, il n'aurait plus the poteaux!

only need to gain 1 point... yes... a point that will have to be earned from remaining games against a desperate Calgary, and the jets/leafs, the top-2 teams in our divisions, without more than 1 day rest throughout. That's a mighty big "IF".

Megaforce

Some contributors here were clearly bullied as children and are perpetuating that cycle by picking on this one guy in an irrational manner. Drouin made a gorgeous pass to Perry early in the game that should have been a goal. He skated well, took some nice shots. Fluke penalty against him as his stick went high as he pivoted on a turnaround trying to defend against a guy that was turnstiling everybody else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad