Confirmed with Link: Marian Gaborik to Columbus for Brassard, J. Moore and Dorsett

Ilovemymum

recreational MD
Feb 17, 2010
This trade just gets better by the minute. Brassard alone would be ok. Dorsett + Moore would be ok, given contracts.

YoungD4

Jun 1, 2011
Dorsett has looked like a prototypical 4th liner to me, nothing horrible but nothing too special either. I know Dorsett used to kill penalties in Columbus, but Prust has better instincts defensively.

Dorsett might still be rusty, looks great tonight

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The Rangers have really set themselves up well for the future with this trade.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Marian Gaborik ‏@MGaborik10 7m

Congrats to NY Rangers for advancing in game 7!

Love Gabby so much!
Now, do we win this series without the trade? Gabby or Moore/Dorsett/BrassGod?

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Marian Gaborik ‏@MGaborik10 7m

Congrats to NY Rangers for advancing in game 7!

Love Gabby so much!
Now, do we win this series without the trade? Gabby or Moore/Dorsett/BrassGod?

I don't think Gaby matches Brassard's points, never-mind the great contributions from Moore and Dorsett.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
JD is still a Ranger at heart...this was one more gift.
I agree. Ever since he left I felt it was a matter of time before JD and Mess took over the GM responsibilities.....although Sather may never leave.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
I'd like to take this time and apologize to Glen Sather for doubting him. The second CBJ trade was a robbery, from our side. We restored the team's balance and replaced Gabby with Nash more or less.

Thank you, Glen. I was wrong.

Sincerely, tpg

Sky Valley

Mar 8, 2007
NBNJ
I remember being frustrated that such a dramatic trade was made during such a flukey weird lockout season. Looks like Slats has brass balls, and it gave this team the Brass and the balls it needed to turn the season around.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think in general people had waaaaay to high of expectations for Dorsett. I don't know what everyone was expecting, but I was expecting an energy guy who throws his body around and will pot a goal every now and then. We've seen the first part of that equation, and it would just be a plus if he was able to score a couple of goals. I just think it's unfair to expect a guy who just came back from 2 months off to jump into a playoff game with a new team and produce offense... IN TORTS SYSTEM.

He'll need time. Its not easy for players like that either. A "run" can easily become a 5 major and what not. He must be comfortable too and find his way.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Dorsett has be great for us. We really needed some of that skillful grittiness and he does a fine job of it and he looks like someone with the ability to make something happen with a few hard plays in the offensive zone. John Moore has been playing McDonagh lite role which before his emergence would have seemed... magical. When we were having our fantastic Bickel/Eminger/Gilroy problems with Staal healthy, if anyone said we would get a Diet McD, y'all would have thought we'd be trading away picks and a 2nd tier prospect. I won't blow up the Brassard balloon with more sentences but to be able to say he's doubly effective than an awesome Moore is fantastic. Roll the dice again, people would have been happy to just get either Brass for Gabby or Moore+Dorsett for Gabby let alone all three.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
On another note, I hope Gabby does relatively well in CBJ (just not against us and Henrik :D) . The highlight of this trade for me (that I haven't visited since the back to back PIT games) was the new start for everyone. Dorsett was injured and it's not the worst thing to go to a new club, a big club that really desperately needs what he brings and heal up and contribute. Brassard has always been a poster boy for unfulfilled potentials and the pick that never turned out. For someone with so much skill and potential and swagger in his game, it would be sad to see him decline in CBJ. He's found a perfect fit and certainly found a home with his emergence and rise in popularity with the team, his teammates, coach, and the fans. With Richards fate set in....drying cement, Brassard knows if he earns his keep, he is here to stay. I think of the three, Moore had the most difficult time adjusting to the thought of the trade. Brass has a few more years on Moore and so does Dorsett. Moore seems like a down to earth kinda guy and the impression I got was that he wanted to just play and prove himself no matter where he is. It was nice for him to get that goal against PIT and settle right into the praise and approval of the coaching staff and solidify his role in a defense core that's loaded with talent that's not going anywhere. With Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Stralman and an Del Zotto that we have yet to part with despite numerous opportunities, I think he felt as if this trade made things more difficult especially with Torts's reputation of being a hard ass that scrutinizes defensive play and isn't shy about throwing players into his dog house. It would be nice to see the PP flourish under him QB role except we all know the problem is with Torts and the coaching staff.

Of course, Gabby needed a start and I think everyone in the ****ing league with a clue knew that. Worst part is that his NYR teammates probably knew that on some level and when you're elite scorer isn't well adjusted, it chips away at the mentality of the team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
a bit of a stretch right now.. but if Brassard keeps playing like this.. then i could agree

Not really. McD is still better than each of Dorsett, Brassard and Moore, but given the fact we now got 3 very good roster players compared to 1 when we traded Gomez, makes this the better trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad