Confirmed with Link: Marian Gaborik to Columbus for Brassard, J. Moore and Dorsett

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I think Dorsett has been garbage.

However, Brass has forced crow down my throat and Moore looks fantastic. The key is for Brassard to not pull a vanishing act. If he can even play kind of like this if we advance we're in great shape.

Dorsett has some slack since he just got back in to the mix.

Overall I agree, been eating crow on this trade. Yum.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Taylor Pyatt was getting LAMBASTED on this forum for doing nothing. Dorsett has not looked any better than Pyatt has, and in his first game back was terrible. He's getting better but he has not been good.

I just disagree.

You comparing him to Pyatt, also disagree. Totally different circumstance.

In the end, whats the record with Dorsett in the lineup? I know they didn't win directly because he's in the lineup, but seems to balance the lineup more, hence two victories.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I just disagree.

You comparing him to Pyatt, also disagree. Totally different circumstance.

In the end, whats the record with Dorsett in the lineup? I know they didn't win directly because he's in the lineup, but seems to balance the lineup more, hence two victories.

I'm not comparing him specifically to Pyatt, i'm comparing the idea of a player not doing anything of note and this forums reaction. Yes, the circumstances are different. Yes, Dorsett is rusty. However, I don't think it's such a strange opinion to think he's been awful, when at best he hasn't provided much of anything and at worst he's given WSH powerplays and (mostly in the first game) had no idea what to do with the puck.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Dorsett has looked like a prototypical 4th liner to me, nothing horrible but nothing too special either. I know Dorsett used to kill penalties in Columbus, but Prust has better instincts defensively.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not comparing him specifically to Pyatt, i'm comparing the idea of a player not doing anything of note and this forums reaction. Yes, the circumstances are different. Yes, Dorsett is rusty. However, I don't think it's such a strange opinion to think he's been awful, when at best he hasn't provided much of anything and at worst he's given WSH powerplays and (mostly in the first game) had no idea what to do with the puck.

Dorsett has looked like a prototypical 4th liner to me, nothing horrible but nothing too special either. I know Dorsett used to kill penalties in Columbus, but Prust has better instincts defensively.

New system, new teammates, new style of play in the playoffs.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
New system, new teammates, new style of play in the playoffs.

Yes. Completely understandable. We're in absolute agreement on this point- it's a tough situation to come into after not playing for a while.

However, all i've said is that in his 3 games back so far he's ranged from noticeably bad to inconsequential. That's pretty bad to me. Garbage may be a strong word for the past two games, but in his first one back he was terrible (even if that's to be expected). That's all i've made a claim about, not what he'll do or how he'll fit in next year, just how he's played in the past 3 games.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Like I said when the trade was made, this has Gorton's prints all over it.

Gorton was running the Bruins as interim GM at the 2006 draft. Boston was at #5. Gorton tried to swap #5 and a 2nd for #4 to take Backstrom. Caps said no. Gorton took Kessel at #5. Brassard went #6. The B's QMJHL scout was Daniel Dore. Gorton and Dore both work for the Rangers now. They probably did a lot of work on Brassard during the 06 draft. 7 years later the Rangers traded for Brassard.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Gorton was running the Bruins as interim GM at the 2006 draft. Boston was at #5. Gorton tried to swap #5 and a 2nd for #4 to take Backstrom. Caps said no. Gorton took Kessel at #5. Brassard went #6. The B's QMJHL scout was Daniel Dore. Gorton and Dore both work for the Rangers now. They probably did a lot of work on Brassard during the 06 draft. 7 years later the Rangers traded for Brassard.

I loved the Bruins draft that year. First three picks were Kessel(1strd), Yuri Alexandrov(2ndrd), and Milan Lucic(2ndrd). I was a big fan of all 3. Then in the 3rd they took Marchand, who despite injury problems is the 3rd leading scorer to come out of that drafts 2nd and 3rd round after Lucic and Kulemin.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Nonsensical?

Yep nonsensical, 100%, all the way. Singling a guy out as "garbage" that hasn't played in 2-3 months is pretty nonsensical. If absurd works and makes you happier, substitute that word.

Emminger was garbage last night.

Given the layoff, I don't feel when Dorsett is on the ice for his allotted 5 minutes per game, bad things are necessarily going to happen, short of the ref making a garbage call.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I think in general people had waaaaay to high of expectations for Dorsett. I don't know what everyone was expecting, but I was expecting an energy guy who throws his body around and will pot a goal every now and then. We've seen the first part of that equation, and it would just be a plus if he was able to score a couple of goals. I just think it's unfair to expect a guy who just came back from 2 months off to jump into a playoff game with a new team and produce offense... IN TORTS SYSTEM.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think in general people had waaaaay to high of expectations for Dorsett. I don't know what everyone was expecting, but I was expecting an energy guy who throws his body around and will pot a goal every now and then. We've seen the first part of that equation, and it would just be a plus if he was able to score a couple of goals. I just think it's unfair to expect a guy who just came back from 2 months off to jump into a playoff game with a new team and produce offense... IN TORTS SYSTEM.

I don't think that saying he needs to stay out of the box is having all that high of expectations.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I don't think that saying he needs to stay out of the box is having all that high of expectations.

Unfortunately from what I read on the BJ's board, they all loved him but he was prone to taking untimely/dumb penalties. I hope it's something that can be fixed under the tutelage of Torts.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Gorton said the Bruins won't rush the 19-year-old Rask, who played this past season for Ilves Tampere in his native Finland. They were very impressed with Rask's performance in the world junior tournament this spring.

``It was a hard decision but it was an opportunity that came out that we just couldn't miss out on," Gorton said. ``We really liked [Rask] in the [2005] draft. We had him as a top-five pick and Toronto took him right before we picked [at 22]."

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2006/06/25/raycroft_dealt_to_toronto/?page=full

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I loved the Bruins draft that year. First three picks were Kessel(1strd), Yuri Alexandrov(2ndrd), and Milan Lucic(2ndrd). I was a big fan of all 3. Then in the 3rd they took Marchand, who despite injury problems is the 3rd leading scorer to come out of that drafts 2nd and 3rd round after Lucic and Kulemin.

That draft was fantastic for the B's. I'm hoping we're going to have similar luck at some point. :laugh:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
In 2007,MTL had two first rounders. They selected Ryan McDonagh and Max Pacioretty(Sharks 1st round pick. Rivet and a 5th in 08 for the pick and Gorges-very good trade for MTL). In the 2nd period,MTL selected PK Subban. That's an insane draft.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
In 2007,MTL had two first rounders. They selected Ryan McDonagh and Max Pacioretty(Sharks 1st round pick. Rivet and a 5th in 08 for the pick and Gorges-very good trade for MTL). In the 2nd period,MTL selected PK Subban. That's an insane draft.

One could argue that 2008 had a similar impact on our team as well. Del Zotto in the 1st and Stepan in the 2nd. Obviously MDZ is not the player that Subban is, but Stepan is proving to be a tremendous pick.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
One could argue that 2008 had a similar impact on our team as well. Del Zotto in the 1st and Stepan in the 2nd. Obviously MDZ is not the player that Subban is, but Stepan is proving to be a tremendous pick.

I was looking at the 2008 draft. Stepan went at 51. Hamonic at 53. Henrique at 82. Holtby at 93.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2008e.html

Stepan has the 5th highest point total from the 2008 draft picks.

Grachev was 75th. That guy looked like he was going to be a player.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
I can only imagine the meltdown on here about Gabby's injury if he was still a Ranger

Phew...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3