Confirmed with Link: Marek Zidlicky to Detroit for a 3rd

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
For only a 3rd rounder is a great deal. Even if we end up sending them a 2nd instead of the 3rd, it's still a solid deal for one year of a guy who has as many point as Phanuef.

Hopefully this means Kindl sits and Smith sits when KFQ

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Kronwall Ericsson
Dekeyser Quincey
Smith Zidlicky

Have to think these are the pairs... right? I really think they'll try and get something for Smith at this point to leave a spot open but I'm not sure what else they could do to keep Marchenko up. Ericsson could anchor the third pair and you could play Zidlicky with Kronwall but that seems a bit risky.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Great deal.

Now dump Kindl and let's roll!

What do we run? Kind of awkward pairings. We don't really want to run Marchenko or Zid on top pairing or split up Q and DD who have been really good.

Kronner, Marchy
Q, DD
Big E, Zid

or

Kronner, Big E
DD, March
Q, Zid

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
Also give up our 2015 fifth rounder if we go to the ECF, but get it back if we go to the SCF.

Conditional picks are Holland's new NTC/NMCs, I guess.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Kronwall Ericsson
Dekeyser Quincey
Smith Zidlicky

Have to think these are the pairs... right? I really think they'll try and get something for Smith at this point to leave a spot open but I'm not sure what else they could do to keep Marchenko up. Ericsson could anchor the third pair and you could play Zidlicky with Kronwall but that seems a bit risky.

Smith will prob stay. I don't think Babs wants to split DFK-KFQ

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Kronwall Ericsson
Dekeyser Quincey
Smith Zidlicky

Zidlicky was #2 guy in NJ. Its not risky. Certainly not more risky than Ericsson.

Jusek

Dec 2, 2009
I love Dekeyser, but now we have a proper 2nd PP unit quarterback.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Also give up our 2015 fifth rounder if we go to the ECF, but get it back if we go to the SCF.

Conditional picks are Holland's new NTC/NMCs, I guess.

Conditional picks are great, because if you give them up, it means your trade actually worked.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Kronwall-Ericsson
Dekeyser-Zidlicky
Quincey-Marchenko

Go hard for Green in the off season.

Trade Smith.

$$$$$

True, true. The one big plus of a deal like this is the door is still wide open for free agency this summer. Adding a big piece like Yandle or Phaneuf would have cut that down.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just imagine next year...

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Zidlicky
Ericsson-Marchenko

Babcock would be so happy,

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
"This is the deal: 3rd in 2016. If Wings go to EC Final, Devils also get a 5th in 2015. If the Wings go to the SC Final, 5th goes back to DET and the 3rd becomes a 2nd."

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I want

Kronwall - Q
DD - Zid
Ericsson - March

But I think we will see
Kronwall - E
DD - Q
Smith - Zid
As others posted.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Zidlicky
Ericsson-Marchenko

Not just Babcock, I'd be thrilled too. :laugh: That's three guys that can score from the blueline. Three! Holy hell, I wouldn't even know how to feel.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
"This is the deal: 3rd in 2016. If Wings go to EC Final, Devils also get a 5th in 2015. If the Wings go to the SC Final, 5th goes back to DET and the 3rd becomes a 2nd."

I like these conditions.
If we get bounced in first two rounds we don't lose much in terms of picks.
If we reach ECF and forward I would happy give up those picks.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Zidlicky
Ericsson-Marchenko

If we could work this in two years into

Kronwall Green
DD Sproul
Ouellet Marchenko

That'd be really, really good. But getting hopes up on a UFA is never great for Wings fans. :laugh:

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
You have to figure that Holland offered the third plus Kindl for Zidlicky, which would mean that NJ values him less than the condition of the extra fifth or third turning into a second.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
You have to figure that Holland offered the third plus Kindl for Zidlicky, which would mean that NJ values him less than the condition of the extra fifth or third turning into a second.

I think we could probably waive Kindl, and like Lashoff, nothing would happen.(Even if someone did pick him up, would it matter?)

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Even if it's conditional, would be great to have involved a trade assett like Kindl or Smith instead. But as you guys pointed already, didn't seem to work out that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad