Confirmed with Link: Marek Zidlicky to Detroit for a 3rd

Jusek

Dec 2, 2009
Aww yiss, perfect job Kenny! One forward and one defenceman, who would have thought?

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 4 mins4 minutes ago

Zidlicky had full no-move. Was willing to waive it for Cup contender. Shows what he thinks of Detroit.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I think it means 2016 3rd becomes 2015 if we make SCF?
If we make SCF I would be okay with that.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I mean Marchenko should go down if we can't find a taker for Kindl. Maybe kindl for a later round pick? I like Cole as well. He will bring some much needed grit and scoring for the playoffs. I really hope Mule comes back for one last run at the Cup. Can you Imagine:
Tatar D Cole
Franzen Z Nyquist
Weiss Sheahan Helm
Abby Luke G. Miller/Jurco/Anders
That is one nice line up.
D:
Kronwall EE
Quincey DD
Zids Smith/Kindl

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Okay. But isn't that too many defensemen? Are they really going to try to carry 8/9 NHL defensemen? Surely somebody has to go.

Doesn't matter no roster limits.

This is a very good deal, the Leafs got greedy.. Zidlicky is a great fit for our group.

Looks like our best d-man in the playoffs last year will be our first guy in case of injury.

If Franzen and Helm come back, you're looking at the deepest team in the east running the gauntlet that is the NHL playoffs. Massive depth up front and on D.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
You think either of these guys will be extended after this year?

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
They are saying the pick is conditional, as well.

I don't think it's conditional, I think we add the 2nd rounder if we make the Finals. Who cares at that point.

No way we send Marhcy down with how he's played and him being RH. We gotta me making a move to trade Smith or Kindl no?

BazDaSpaz

Sep 7, 2011
Love this trade. I'm happy with both moves Kenny made. Or depth is awesome. If we can stay healthy were in for a good playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad