Marcus Kruger

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
With CC out potentially for rest of year (best wishes to him and a speedy recovery..)

shall we bring back the Defensive dynamo to help bring the goals down?

Yes he provides no offense, but we have loads of talent up front.

Just remember, Kruger played wit guys like Bollig, Desjardins, Rasmussen, Garbutt, Mashinter,Tootoo ..

We now have a surplus of good wingers, I think this would be a great way to reduce defensive load off Toews/Saad..

Saad-Toews-Hinostroza
Duclair-Schmaltz-Kane
Debrincat-Anisimov-Kampf
Hartman-Kruger-Wingels

other options of 'defensive Cs'

Brad Richardson - ARZ
Nate Thompson - OTT
Johan LArsson - BUF

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No. Anisimov will be back within the next two weeks, bumping Kampf (who is that type of shutdown center, only a little inexperienced) will (or at least should) be moved to 4C.

We have enough issues with likely needing to acquire a goalie right now, we don't need to start f***ing around looking for a player to fill a role that's already likely been filled in house.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think this is a tank season. roll with Forsberg/Glass/Goalie you can get off of waivers. Hope you can get a top 5 pick and re-load. Think about guys on the roster and how they fit going forward.

Reactions: Krivo25

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Getting Kruger, or a player that can do what Kruger did, would help this team a lot going forward, but not enough to make up for the loss of Crow.

Blackhawks are better off selling than buying if Crow is out long term.

If we get Crow back healthy next season, then yes, look at Kruger-type players in the off-season, because the current 4th line is ****ing useless and we need a 4th line that can actually matchup with top competition.

Reactions: Krivo25 and Rolo

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
A package of Krüger and Darling(with Retention) OR Ward would be interesting. Would improve the Team big time.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Getting Kruger, or a player that can do what Kruger did, would help this team a lot going forward, but not enough to make up for the loss of Crow.

Blackhawks are better off selling than buying if Crow is out long term.

If we get Crow back healthy next season, then yes, look at Kruger-type players in the off-season, because the current 4th line is ****ing useless and we need a 4th line that can actually matchup with top competition.

Well I think Forsberg has played fairly well and was getting into a Groove.

I would NOT write off this team yet.. things were looking good with Hino surging the top line, Schmaltz/Kane chemistry and now adding Duclair and Kampf to the mix. Hopefully AA comes back on a dominant goal scoring streak like last time.

Kempny needs to play somehow too.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
The Hawks bringing back players from the past or forum members entertaining the idea of bringing back a past player reminds me of those people who continually break up with their partner and get back together.

Leave them in the past and move forward.

Reactions: Krivo25

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
You never lear...there us no going back.they never do what they did as well before first time around. .besides..Kruger is not going to right this ship. That woukd be delusional and feeding Q's idiotic focus on his pet guys...besides..do nit want to give away any more picks.

Flahawkfan

Apr 24, 2017
I would do this deal on 1 condition, Seabrook must be part of it. That would give us some cap flexability in the off season. If Craw goes to LTIR next year, that would put 10-11 Million cap dollars (Hossa and Crawford) into untouchable monies and then we would have to wait until the first day of the season to sign players i.e. Like Franson this year.

Lets hope this isn't the case with Corey.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I like having a Kruger type player but he is not what we need at this point. I see much more potential in Kampf to be able to play the Kruger role but driving more offense.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
If we're not going deep into the PO's than we need to hope for a high pick.
Tkachuk please ... which means we have to be picking top 5!
Not catching Buffalo or Arizona but the next tier is possible!!
No rentals .. roll with what we have. Forsberg/Berube/Glass in net and what already have up front.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Let me get this straight. We finally unload that awful contract, replace him with someone 1/3 the price who can actually win a draw, our starting goalie goes out for the year, and your idea is to reacquire that awful contract when his spot is already filled on the team? Do I have this right?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Let me get this straight. We finally unload that awful contract, replace him with someone 1/3 the price who can actually win a draw, our starting goalie goes out for the year, and your idea is to reacquire that awful contract when his spot is already filled on the team? Do I have this right?

Not that they're particularly important anyway, but this is an odd criticism since Kruger was never bad at faceoffs, save his first few years in the league (which is common for pretty much every kid breaking into the league) and more recently coming off a wrist injury.

Hell, he's winning 54% of his draws this season, which would put him 2nd on this team behind Toews.

As far as the contract, he was too expensive for this team to keep, but it's pretty obvious how much the team is missing his ability to take tough matchups in dungeon zone starts to free up the other lines for more offense. Never mind his impact on keeping shots and scoring chances from top competition down.

We have yet to see if Kampf can handle either those starts, or those matchups, let alone both. But at least he's a better bet than Kero.

Last edited:
Reactions: thesaadfather

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Not that they're particularly important anyway, but this is an odd criticism since Kruger was never bad at faceoffs, save his first few years in the league (which is common for pretty much every kid breaking into the league) and more recently coming off a wrist injury.

Hell, he's winning 54% of his draws this season, which would put him 2nd on this team behind Toews.

As far as the contract, he was too expensive for this team to keep, but it's pretty obvious how much the team is missing his ability to take tough matchups in dungeon zone starts to free up the other lines for more offense. Never mind his impact on keeping shots and scoring chances from top competition down.

We have yet to see if Kampf can handle either those starts, or those matchups, let alone both. But at least he's a better bet than Kero.

Yeah, but that one time, he lost a draw and the other team scored, remember. :sarcasm:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

Yeah I would hold off for a little while on Kampf as so far he is looking like a better option than Kruger for sure.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I am just a homer for ex-hawks.. Kruger in particular was outstanding in his role. I think a Kruger-Kampf combo would be similar to Kruger-Frolik...

Saad-Toews-Hino
Hartman-Schmaltz-Kane
Duclair-Anisimov-Debrincat
Wingels-Kruger-Kampf

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Why stop there? TvR, Darling, Dahlbeck could maybe be included in a sweet package as well? Then I'm sure Versteeg is around somewhere as well and a little birdy told med Shaw is on the block in MTL, we should pounce! Still feel anger every day that we whiffed on the chance to pick up Rasmussen when he was on waivers a while back...:( My anger can be tempered though, by immediately calling up the returned lost son Clendening, he must be the difference maker we've been searching for since the glory days! :thumbu:

Reactions: bwana63

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad