Marcus Kruger

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Why stop there? TvR, Darling, Dahlbeck could maybe be included in a sweet package as well? Then I'm sure Versteeg is around somewhere as well and a little birdy told med Shaw is on the block in MTL, we should pounce! Still feel anger every day that we whiffed on the chance to pick up Rasmussen when he was on waivers a while back...:( My anger can be tempered though, by immediately calling up the returned lost son Clendening, he must be the difference maker we've been searching for since the glory days! :thumbu:

Buy local: Burish, Jammer, and Soupy are standing by. Where is Sopel, to fill the void of the shot-blocking Hammer?

Reactions: ProphetofthePuck

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
If Carolina is just going to bury him, maybe they'd be willing to retain on the contract. I'd say we could probably provide them with a depth d-man for their trouble, and maybe a late pick. If Kruger was only making 1.5 AAV for the remainder of this year and next, I'm willing to take that gamble if the price is right. Let him clear waivers and offer a low-ball deal with retention. Wingels - Kruger - Kampf could be a great lock down line to get us some better match-ups.

I'm prepared for the incoming fire for even suggesting such a thing.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
If Carolina is just going to bury him, maybe they'd be willing to retain on the contract. I'd say we could probably provide them with a depth d-man for their trouble, and maybe a late pick. If Kruger was only making 1.5 AAV for the remainder of this year and next, I'm willing to take that gamble if the price is right. Let him clear waivers and offer a low-ball deal with retention. Wingels - Kruger - Kampf could be a great lock down line to get us some better match-ups.

I'm prepared for the incoming fire for even suggesting such a thing.

I actually was willing to outright claim him, but thats a solid idea...

They only get 1.1M savings off Krugers contract if he's in minors, so 1.983 is gonna hit their cap.

Instead they can retain 1.25-1.5M and have a savings of 1.583-1.833M instead of 1.1M.

I would not mind Kruger at 1.833M, we can make it easily fit next season, and run Hartman-Kruger-Kampf as the shutdown line.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Holy f***. Kruger is worthless. Please just stop. Kampf is already a better player, and actually knows what the offensive zone is.

My guess is, he was waived because he can't keep up with the speed of the NHL now.

Last edited:

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Holy ****. Kruger is worthless. Please just stop. Kampf is already a better player, and actually knows what the offensive zone is.

My guess is, he was waived because he can't keep up with the speed of the NHL now.

I would contend that he's being waived because Carolina isn't starting him in the d-zone enough, and he doesn't fit their system. I don't think anyone should be shocked that he looks useless when he's only getting 59% of his starts in the D zone. For most of his seasons with us, he started in the D-zone around 80% of the time. His possession metrics are about the same as always, even ticking up a bit from all those O/zone starts.

If there's one person Q knows where to play, it's Kruger. I just think its ridiculous to imply that he's worthless because he was not put in a situation to do what he does best. Kill all offense.

Colonel X

The Kentucky Colonel
Nov 16, 2013
Louisville
I'm a Reds fan in baseball. I think that fandom is the only one more obsessed with former players than is this one. Kruger provides nothing, the kids are doing well enough.

Reactions: BrianE

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Holy ****. Kruger is worthless. Please just stop. Kampf is already a better player, and actually knows what the offensive zone is.

I hope Kampf can one day do what Kruger did, and I think he has a hella better chance to do it than Kero, but it's asinine to say he's better than Kruger given he's been given spa visits deployment-wise compared to what Kruger got.

I'd like to see Q dial up the qoc and dzone starts on Kampf to see what he can handle. But he hasn't yet.

As far as Kruger right now, I don't think the Blackhawks should go for him. He would certainly help them as far as matchups and shot suppression, but not enough to make the playoffs, let alone go on a run.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kruger is no longer what he once was. People can deny his importance to the teams we had, but they are wrong. He had an important role here and had some wrist issues and was never the same after that IIRC.

No interest in him unless it's a PTO next year.

ProphetofthePuck

Dec 2, 2017
Buy local: Burish, Jammer, and Soupy are standing by. Where is Sopel, to fill the void of the shot-blocking Hammer?
i sent them that quote on twitter .. You pumped their tires .. give you 10 to 1 odds they mention playing on tonights podcast they do ..... lol they said something like i should of brought my skates on the intermission deal .....They being Jammer Soupy and Ugly Burish

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
God please no more Marcus Kruger on the Hawks. Too late to add him to Sweden's Olympic hockey team???

Edit: Anyone care to guess what the AMF YOYO stands for below my avatar?

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kruger is no longer what he once was. People can deny his importance to the teams we had, but they are wrong. He had an important role here and had some wrist issues and was never the same after that IIRC.

Yep. Kruger wasn't Kruger his last year here. Hard pass at anything to do with him as long as Q's coaching this team. Kruger with DeBrincat would be a thing at some point and you'd see me climbing the rafters with a Mosin to finish off Q.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Agreed on all points, particularly the absurdity of the intense dislike he generated here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad