Player Discussion Marcus Hogberg (G)

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
People saying that Gusty will gain his confidence and better abilities next year when holding the fort down there.

That being said, some of these guys need to be traded
There's really not enough space for all three of them unless one is playing in Brampton, which probably isn't ideal.

Gus and D'accord both need starter level games.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Goalies are so weird,I remember Prusek being the next Hasek....LOL,so while Iam glad he has played well Iam also weary

Reactions: Matsens15

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
its still early to know anything

Daacord is still new and so is Hog at the NHL level. Lets see how they fair once team start figuring out their weaknesses.

Play all 3 and let them develop and see what comes of it

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
The nice thing is that JBD is looking so good that it makes the Brassard return look good regardless of Gus' development.

Not only that, but trading down to get JBD+Tychonik and also flipping Cole for CLB's 3rd in 2020 were great moves.

Despite a heavy L on the Zibby trade, getting a great return for Brassard definitely softened the blow.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Not only that, but trading down to get JBD+Tychonik and also flipping Cole for CLB's 3rd in 2020 were great moves.

Despite a heavy L on the Zibby trade, getting a great return for Brassard definitely softened the blow.

It's a little early to be taking a victory lap on that, imo.

K'Andre Miller looks every bit as good as JBD does (if not better) and Tychonik hasn't moved the needle enough to be much a factor. That's not to say it doesn't have the potential to be a big win for the team, just that I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
It's a little early to be taking a victory lap on that, imo.

K'Andre Miller looks every bit as good as JBD does (if not better) and Tychonik hasn't moved the needle enough to be much a factor. That's not to say it doesn't have the potential to be a big win for the team, just that I wouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

Oh definitely not but the value in the picks that we recouped was great. Now what those picks become is another thing entirely..

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I think we need to risk putting him on waivers and get him some games in the AHL. He isn’t going to get better if he barely plays here and gets shelled every time. Daccord deserves a shot at the backup spot.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I think we need to risk putting him on waivers and get him some games in the AHL. He isn’t going to get better if he barely plays here and gets shelled every time. Daccord deserves a shot at the backup spot.
I 100% agree with this...
Hogberg has 0 confidence at the moment and needs more starts to find it back

Reactions: Smeddy and Cosmix

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Condon 2.0.

Confidence completely shot.

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes down to the AHL and posts awful numbers and we never hear from him again after his contract.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Stating the obvious here lol, but an .837 save% is not anywhere near good enough.

That Nurse goal looked like one you'd see in an 80s highlight package. That can not go in.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Instead of JBD and Tychonik, we could have had Kandre Miller who is now with NYR, so more time is required to assess the value of that trade.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Our goaltending coach needs to work with him to improve his play, particularly his crease positioning. He was out of position on one of those goals. Slow to react on another. Totally screened and therefore not at fault for another.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, that's how I ranked our goalies in October

- Matt Murray
- Joey Daccord
- Mads Sogaard
- Kevin Mandolese
- Filip Gustavsson
- Marcus Hogberg

Kinda surprised I didn't have Hog above Gustavsson but maybe that's because I would need to see Gus play in the NHL Look at Lankinen for example, earned a pedigree in Europe, came to NA and didn't set the world on fire in the AHL but looked very good so far with the Hawks. Goalies are very hard to predict.

Also said this in November :

Marcus Hogberg and Christian Jaros are not really veterans but hard to see them becoming long term pieces, so I have them as stop gaps until they prove otherwise.

Thought Hogberg could at least be a stop gap... Can he rebound?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Condon 2.0.

Confidence completely shot.

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes down to the AHL and posts awful numbers and we never hear from him again after his contract.
It's so bizarre. It's not like he even faced much in the way of difficult shots yesterday or was unlucky. Just straight up garbage.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Hogberg looked pretty good last year. Not sure what's happening with him this year. Send him to Belleville for a bit to work with a goalie coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad