Player Discussion Marco Rossi

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Everything is there, t's night and day. Skating is good, IQ seems to be off the charts, he's almost always in position to do something good whether that's score a goal, make a pass, force a turnover, win a puck battle, etc. He still doesn't have the "take over a game" dynamic at this point like Kaprizov and Fiala had, and like Boldy has shown in the past, but he's just consistently always doing the right thing, and he looks really good almost all of the time.

He doesn’t have the 1:1 ability that Kaprizov and Fiala have/had, but from what I’ve watched his impact is extremely high — higher than many players who might have more 1:1 ability than he does.

That being said, for a comparison for Wild fans not watching I would compare his game right now to a Center version of Parise versus a Center version of Fiala.

I think there’s more “takeover” projection in his game, but I think he’s always going to be a player that wins by winning in the off beats of the symphony rather than creating or orchestrating the symphony.

The thing I continue to be most impressed with is how strong he is on the forecheck and driving and maintaining possession in the offensive zone. He wins a ton of battles and has no issues with getting knocked off the puck in physical areas.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So he can score goals, and drives play, make passes, and set-up a set play, and execute.

Goes to the tough areas.

Excellent to hear.

That's a 30-40-70 kind of player in the making.
He's also a decent two way player, and i suspect he will be an above average defender given time.

Belcaster

Nov 27, 2015
Lakeville, Minnesota
Much has been bemoaned about the Wild's center history, the lack of a 1C, yada yada...but my thinking is, if Rossi becomes a solid 2C, it's him and JEE in the top six in the middle. Having 2 2C's is not bad at all, especially when you already have someone in that superstar tier like Kirill Kaprizov. If those two can keep up with, and facilitate with, scoring wingers like Boldy and Kaprizov (and Yurov?) then I don't know that it's anywhere near as important that you have a center who's a world-beater every night.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Didn’t take long for Rossi to be in the doghouse. Not his best games, but being benched in the third that’s rough. No leeway for the rookie it seems.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
That’s all I needed to see from this buffoon

Rossi on an upward trajectory and breaking out - MUST FORCE HIM TO CHANGE OR HE’S BENCHED

Maroon makes sweet prank in locker room and gets a puck deep on a dump in - SHOULD WE TRY HIM ON PP1 OR MAYBE WITH EK AND BOLDY???

Reactions: lordtrillson

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Also the young guy with barely half a season under his belt, rather than the veteran players like Hartman and Zuccarello who took costly, needless penalties that led to PP GA's.

Reactions: NHL1674

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
Can the Wild have a coach who actually can handle and develope rookies and don't put them in the doghouse?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Also the young guy with barely half a season under his belt, rather than the veteran players like Hartman and Zuccarello who took costly, needless penalties that led to PP GA's.
That's what angers me more than anything. The vets made costly errors, yet Rossi is the one that sits?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sounds like Rossi was sick for both the Edmonton and Vancouver games.

Matt Boldy continued his hot streak with the game winner, his sixth goal in seven games under Hynes. Marco Rossi, after having depleted energy while playing sick the previous two games, scored a big third-period goal, Joel Eriksson Ek added a team-leading 14th goal into an empty net and the Wild ultimately stopped a two-game skid to return to Minnesota off a 2-2 road trip.

Reactions: Sweetnut

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
So Marco Rossi has been sick but still played better than some of the high payed vets.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad