Player Discussion Marco Rossi

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Those who called him a bust better start deleting.... I'm collecting receipts.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
Remember when this guy was a bust.... :sarcasm:

I'm so happy for him. He's worked himself through a lot of shit. Covid, mental problems, etc... But hard work always pays off. This guy has been working like a horse in the summer To become the player he is at the moment. He is still young and developing. Sky us the limit with that work ethic.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I didn't see this big of a turnaround coming, TBH. For at least half of last year, he wasn't even the best guy in Iowa. Testament to his work this summer. I think i heard say something to the effect of, "I thought I was working hard in previous off seasons, but this year I found out what hard work is really about".

I wish Walker, and especially Beckman, took a page out of his book. They have to get it through their heads that they can't hang out with the guys and do the same things they do(if they want to be NHL'ers), they have to do more. I think Walker has blown his chance... Beckman is starting from further behind, but he is younger at least.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I didn't see this big of a turnaround coming, TBH. For at least half of last year, he wasn't even the best guy in Iowa. Testament to his work this summer. I think i heard say something to the effect of, "I thought I was working hard in previous off seasons, but this year I found out what hard work is really about".
Yeah if I ever find his trainer in Austria, I’m gonna give him a titty twister

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia

I wish Walker, and especially Beckman, took a page out of his book. They have to get it through their heads that they can't hang out with the guys and do the same things they do(if they want to be NHL'ers), they have to do more. I think Walker has blown his chance... Beckman is starting from further behind, but he is younger at least.
Agreed. I saw a smart player in Iowa but he didn't look this strong on the puck...didn't make these hard/crisp passes, and wasn't able to get to turn into middle of ice and get shots on net nearly this much.

While those changes have been great, I never thought I'd say his skating looks decent. He is separating from guys, catching up to strip pucks. I don't know the stats on this but it seems he has had more takeaways than turnovers, something that he struggled with in the past, even with Iowa.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Those who called him a bust better start deleting.... I'm collecting receipts.
I’ve got nothing to hide! You did make me curious so I looked back and now I am fearful that Dean may read some of our posts, our starting lineup to start this season is the exact same I projected summer of 2022, except I had Greenway in MarJo’s spot. The reasoning I used for Rossi on the third is basically their press release on it from this year lmao.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad