Player Discussion Marco Rossi

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hope that’s the only fight of his career but I respect that he wanted to stand up for Kirill. He’s a good player and looks like he has the makings of 70 (80 in a good year) point center with good 2 way play. Couldn’t be happier for him and us fans.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Big test Saturday as Bruins will be looking for redemption.

I hear what your saying but isn't Zuc the leading points guy?
Yeah, if there's one place Zuccerello should be, it's on the powerplay. I get that he turns pucks over, and that's super frustrating, but he also produces. 13 of his 26 points are on the powerplay. The only guy with more PP points than him on the team is Kaprizov at 15. The next closest guy to them is JEE at 7 points, and then Boldy at 5.

Powerplay minutes required to produce a point (lower is better):

Kaprizov
scores a point every ~8.27 minutes.
JEE ~16.57 min.
Zuccarello ~7.92 min
Boldy ~16.40 min
Johansson ~39.20 min
Rossi ~29.67 min

These players were listed in the order of highest to lowest total PP ToI this season, and are the leaders for the team in it (no one has been omitted in between players). From this, I'd say that Johansson should be removed for Rossi, though I'm not sure if their roles would be identical.

Bonus: He hasn't gotten much time due to injury, but Spurgeon's is at ~12.4 min, making him our 3rd most efficient powerplay producer.

*EDIT* I should also mention that this is just one metric, and is flawed in that not every player has been given the exact same opportunity. Because of that, there is no single metric that proves how good someone is in any situation.

Last edited:

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Yeah, if there's one place Zuccerello should be, it's on the powerplay. I get that he turns pucks over, and that's super frustrating, but he also produces. 13 of his 26 points are on the powerplay. The only guy with more PP points than him on the team is Kaprizov at 15. The next closest guy to them is JEE at 7 points, and then Boldy at 5.

Powerplay minutes required to produce a point (lower is better):

Kaprizov
scores a point every ~8.27 minutes.
JEE ~16.57 min.
Zuccarello ~7.92 min
Boldy ~16.40 min
Johansson ~39.20 min
Rossi ~29.67 min

These players were listed in the order of highest to lowest total PP ToI this season, and are the leaders for the team in it (no one has been omitted in between players). From this, I'd say that Johansson should be removed for Rossi, though I'm not sure if their roles would be identical.

Bonus: He hasn't gotten much time due to injury, but Spurgeon's is at ~12.4 min, making him our 3rd most efficient powerplay producer.

*EDIT* I should also mention that this is just one metric, and is flawed in that not every player has been given the exact same opportunity. Because of that, there is no single metric that proves how good someone is in any situation.
I think Johansson already is at #2, he's just filling in for injuries right now.

Reactions: BagHead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Perfetti, the guy who was often mentioned in the same breath as Rossi during their draft year, also has 21 points.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
IMG_3365.jpeg

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
A full list of Wild players who have had Gordie Howe Hattricks

I'm not sure which is more surprising, seeing Rossi's name on a list where the next smallest guy is Scandella at 6'3" (Stewart is 6'2"... but 30 lbs heavier), or seeing that Rossi actually had more PIMs in his than anyone else. Funny enough, while he took 3 penalties, he also somehow drew 3, to come out even on the night. What a game by the kid. Took almost a full period of penalties and still had a 3 point night.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Isn't Perfetti mostly playing wing? Based on that, Rossi seems to be the better fit for us.
Yeah, i think he's playing wing, and agreed. I am kind of blown away at the improvement in Rossi from last year, so am still trying to process my feelings about him.

Now just imagine if he was on the top PP permanently
I am, and the other team keeps getting clears because we can't win a FO!

Reactions: Digitalbooya

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
A full list of Wild players who have had Gordie Howe Hattricks

I'm not sure which is more surprising, seeing Rossi's name on a list where the next smallest guy is Scandella at 6'3" (Stewart is 6'2"... but 30 lbs heavier), or seeing that Rossi actually had more PIMs in his than anyone else. Funny enough, while he took 3 penalties, he also somehow drew 3, to come out even on the night. What a game by the kid. Took almost a full period of penalties and still had a 3 point night.
What is even more surprising?

Gordie Howe himself, who played 2,421 professional hockey games, only had 2 Gordie Howe hat tricks in his NHL career... and now Rossi is halfway there!

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yeah, i think he's playing wing, and agreed. I am kind of blown away at the improvement in Rossi from last year, so am still trying to process my feelings about him.

I am, and the other team keeps getting clears because we can't win a FO!
He would hopefully not be taking the faceoffs

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
still should be no pressure on this young man to perform. even if he only ends up with 15G he had a fantastic season. anything more is a friggin bonus!

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
still should be no pressure on this young man to perform. even if he only ends up with 15G he had a fantastic season. anything more is a friggin bonus!
This. I think it's safe to say that he's already better than we expected. Just let him play, hopefully he can stay healthy.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If he has 11 goals in 32 games and ends up with only 15 then i am going to be very disappointed. I want 25 from him, but will be ok with 20g. Having said all that, he is more of a setup man. We need to set him up with a shooter. hopefully Ohgren or Yurov will be that in the future.

Reactions: BagHead

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
If he has 11 goals in 32 games and ends up with only 15 then i am going to be very disappointed. I want 25 from him, but will be ok with 20g. Having said all that, he is more of a setup man. We need to set him up with a shooter. hopefully Ohgren or Yurov will be that in the future.
His scoring touch has really suprised me. Doesn’t have quite as much of a muffin as I thought

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
His scoring touch has really suprised me. Doesn’t have quite as much of a muffin as I thought
I don't like the way he weak flips the puck sometimes when he passes, so the receiver has to deal with an unsettled puck. That caught my eye down in the AHL... kind of surprised me for a guy known as a distributor.
Pretty easy fix, i think, but it has to be fixed.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don't like the way he weak flips the puck sometimes when he passes, so the receiver has to deal with an unsettled puck. That caught my eye down in the AHL... kind of surprised me for a guy known as a distributor.
lol now we’re just being picky

Reactions: MrRuin and TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Reminds me of those who complained about Granlund's fluttering saucers... That ended up a whole lotta nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00