Confirmed with Link: Marchand Suspended 2 games for Slew-Foot

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I didn't know they were rescinded but am glad to hear that . Please tell the one on Smith was as well because that was also a complete joke.

On "Behind the B" Marchand and McQuaid visited the league "War Room" in Toronto (any NHL player is welcome to do so). They check every play in every game. They ran Marchand's two "dives" back for him, pointed out that he didn't dive (on one, you could hear the guy saying something like "it's obvious your skate caught"), and said both penalties were officially off the books. Which of course is important as they're now tracking dives and handing out fines.

It's possible that Smith's has also been rescinded, I don't know. They generally don't publicize those rulings.

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
I'd rather Marchand play with an edge if the calls are going to be called against him regardless of how he plays.

Pleased there was no injury on the play, but there have been more violent slewfoots this season (Garbutt, and wasn't it two in one game? With already having a history?) that resulted in a 3 game suspension. At most this should be 2 games, but we'll see.. The league isn't overly forgiving to our little rat.

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
On "Behind the B" Marchand and McQuaid visited the league "War Room" in Toronto (any NHL player is welcome to do so). They check every play in every game. They ran Marchand's two "dives" back for him, pointed out that he didn't dive (on one, you could hear the guy saying something like "it's obvious your skate caught"), and said both penalties were officially off the books. Which of course is important as they're now tracking dives and handing out fines.

It's possible that Smith's has also been rescinded, I don't know. They generally don't publicize those rulings.

Ok thanks for the info.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Marchand is just one of the dirtiest players in the league...Scummy slew foot last night... Love him as a player though...He needs to play his game without this kind of crap however.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Wasn't even the worst thing that happened in that game last night. But whatever.

He'll get his game or 2 and it'll be the end of it.

this group plays MUCH better when they're teetering on the line, so I'm not going to **** on a guy for crossing it once in a while.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Using my handy, dandy NHL - Bruin - Violation - Suspension converter. (NHLBVS)

I've come up with this;

If this happened TO A Bruin (not named Marchand) = Small Fine

If this was done BY A Bruin (not named Marchand) = 1 Game

If this happened TO Marchand = No Fine or Suspension

Since this was done BY Marchand = 41 game suspension and the maximum fine allowable

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Using my handy, dandy NHL - Bruin - Violation - Suspension converter. (NHLBVS)

I've come up with this;

If this happened TO A Bruin (not named Marchand) = Small Fine

If this was done BY A Bruin (not named Marchand) = 1 Game

If this happened TO Marchand = No Fine or Suspension

Since this was done BY Marchand = 41 game suspension and the maximum fine allowable

That sounds about right :laugh:

David Krejci*

Should be a game, if not two. Dirty play from a dirty player. I rolled my eyes when Jack and Brick excused it. God those two are unbearable.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Any decision on this yet??

I think it was probably intentional. That said, no injury, no penalty on the play, players both battling for position. I think reputation gets him 2-3 games; anyone else probably just a fine or warning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad