Marchand Lick: The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
The NHL would gain a lot of respect in a lot of places if it got rid of sh-t like tom wilson and came down hard on filth like marchand. But it'd rather keep these turds around because it learned, as wrestling did that many people love to hate the heel, which drives ratings even if it degrades the game/sport. Better to have lots of eyeballs for the advertisers even if the product integrity suffers.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
My brother, step dad, brother-in-law, niece, nephew, and I all had a great laugh when we saw that last night. That was pure entertainment.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Their are plenty of shows geared towards homosexuality, and good for them. But that has never been the part of its history or a part of the game (public displays of sexuality during a game). But fighting has been for years, it’s a physical sport.

Comparing two guys kissing vs. A fight might be the worst comparison I’ve ever read...ever
You think it’s homosexual and there’s no place for it? I disagree with the first part and agree with the second.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Reactions: nystromshairstylist

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Well, this is his third offence in these playoffs, if you count the missed lick on Johnson. So it's probably time for the league to put an end to it.

League can't really do it though.

If they don't deal with it in game, they can't come back and suspend him after the fact.

They need to ask the refs why they aren't calling it in game and remind them that it is a penalty and to call it.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
I can't believe anyone would get this fired up about such a minor thing. Kissing and licking a oppenent is not a new thing even. Not like he's sticking his tongue in a guys mouth and exchanging bodily fluids. Personally I wouldn't care, I would laugh and shake my head at him. Really don't get why people are shocked or outraged about it, old tactic. I can only guess it's b/c it's Brad doing it and they hate Brad. FYI I'm not a Bruins or Brad fan.

If someone tried to do that to me in a league game I'd take my glove off, and punch them so hard in the face they'd liquify. Cannot fathom how anyone thinks this is anything less than disgusting, and a major offense. Probably coming from those whose entire athletic career consisted of bending down to pick up the mustard jar from their fridge's bottom shelf for their pretzel during TV timeouts.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Sure looks like he got a lot of lips with the Callahan lick.

Can't tell from vid......licking a guys cheeks or chin or nose IMO no big deal it's just a troll job I would laugh at it. If he licked my lips or stuck tongue in my mouth ok that's different b/c that becomes a infection control issue.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If someone tried to do that to me in a league game I'd take my glove off, and punch them so hard in the face they'd liquify. Cannot fathom how anyone thinks this is anything less than disgusting, and a major offense. Probably coming from those whose entire athletic career consisted of bending down to pick up the mustard jar from their fridge's bottom shelf for their pretzel during TV timeouts.

As you get older you will realize in life there are much bigger things to get excited or worried about. No big deal for me......like I said I would laugh. Yes I played hockey at various levels until my early 20's, as did my father.

Reactions: Pay Carl

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
New NHL licking rule: if player licks any other person on the ice, his punishment will be:

1. 5 minute major penalty
2. must wear full face shield for the rest of his NHL career.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
League can't really do it though.

If they don't deal with it in game, they can't come back and suspend him after the fact.

They need to ask the refs why they aren't calling it in game and remind them that it is a penalty and to call it.

Morrissey got a game for a crosscheck to the neck that was missed on ice. The league can do whatever it likes. He has a union. He can grieve it if he doesn’t agree with his “potential” suspension. Either way, a precedent will be set. It has to be.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
It's ridiculous that players have to put up with this garbage. Like seriously, grown men just have to accept another grown man licking your face because they fear getting a retaliation penalty? If this happened at my job I'd file a harassment claim with HR and the person who did it would likely be fired. Wake up, NHL.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
My 2 cents:

1)
The NHL needs to get it's act together immediately. If existing unsportsmanlike penalties are enough than enforce them. If they're not enough then make some new rules but this garbage is bad for the game. Off the top of my head, you lick someone, kiss someone, wipe snot on their face etc. you should get 5 minutes + a game misconduct for a first offence, 2nd offence should be 3-5 games. There is no place for this in hockey, period.

2)
You Boston fans defending the guy - how would you feel if Marchand was your son, or brother. Would you be proud of him for doing this? Would you be saying yep, that's my boy or would you be slowly slinking away when people start talking about it. Answer that question honestly, if you do then that should tell you everything you need to know.

3)
TB, please win the next game. The sooner we get this headcase out of the playoffs the better.

4)
I believe Marchand is mentally ill and should be forced seek help. If the NHL rules allow for this, I would suspend him indefinitely and force him to get treatment and until he gets a clean bill of mental health, he can't play, period. That would be for his own good as well as the good of the game. The best outcome would be for him to get treatment over the summer, be cleared to play when the next season begins and for him to issue a public apology, admit that he had issues and has now taken care of these issues and nothing of this sort will ever happen again. That way we can respect the man once again and enjoy his play on the ice. He's a great player, too bad that's being overshadowed by this other crap.

1 is a bit extreme, but okay.
2 okay.
3 okay.
4 think about the absurd precedent you're setting here. This is absolutely ridiculous. Forcing someone into mental health treatment because they licked someone? This isn't the 1800s where we throw people in lunatic asylums just because.

Reactions: Macbanan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad