Marchand Lick: The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
He's gonna amp it up now that he's found out that Nick Backstrom is trying to **** the league.

"Not on my watch, sis" he cackles as he extends his protruding tongue to lick from his elbow, down his hairy forearm to his crusty fingers in preperation for game 5.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
a simple question: Lick good? or lick bad?

Your choice. Here's your chance to correctly represent what you said and believe.

Your choice.

Go back to what I said originally.

I don't need a 'chance' to correctly represent what I said because you chose to misrepresent it.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
My 2 cents:

1)
The NHL needs to get it's act together immediately. If existing unsportsmanlike penalties are enough than enforce them. If they're not enough then make some new rules but this garbage is bad for the game. Off the top of my head, you lick someone, kiss someone, wipe snot on their face etc. you should get 5 minutes + a game misconduct for a first offence, 2nd offence should be 3-5 games. There is no place for this in hockey, period.

2)
You Boston fans defending the guy - how would you feel if Marchand was your son, or brother. Would you be proud of him for doing this? Would you be saying yep, that's my boy or would you be slowly slinking away when people start talking about it. Answer that question honestly, if you do then that should tell you everything you need to know.

3)
TB, please win the next game. The sooner we get this headcase out of the playoffs the better.

4)
I believe Marchand is mentally ill and should be forced seek help. If the NHL rules allow for this, I would suspend him indefinitely and force him to get treatment and until he gets a clean bill of mental health, he can't play, period. That would be for his own good as well as the good of the game. The best outcome would be for him to get treatment over the summer, be cleared to play when the next season begins and for him to issue a public apology, admit that he had issues and has now taken care of these issues and nothing of this sort will ever happen again. That way we can respect the man once again and enjoy his play on the ice. He's a great player, too bad that's being overshadowed by this other crap.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
2 minutes first time. Tack on the 5 or 10 if it happens again.

Well, this is his third offence in these playoffs, if you count the missed lick on Johnson. So it's probably time for the league to put an end to it.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
If only someone was quick enough to get their glove off and grab that tongue, that would provide a solid learning moment for this toddler.

He should be suspended for it, disgusting and truly disturbing. Like weird and starts to raise questions towards Marchand as a person.

Like if after he retires from the game, and later on gets arrested for having public sex with a giant stuffed animal wearing vintage 1920s women’s clothing, with hockey skates on, I would say to myself “well that makes sense”.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
People saying he has mental issues because he licked a player :laugh:

You do whatever it takes to get under a players skin in the playoffs. It's clearly worked.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Funny-Puppy-Saying-I-Want-To-Lick-You-With-The-Intensity-Meme-Picture.jpg

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I can't believe anyone would get this fired up about such a minor thing. Kissing and licking a oppenent is not a new thing even. Not like he's sticking his tongue in a guys mouth and exchanging bodily fluids.

Personally I wouldn't care, I would laugh and shake my head at him. Really don't get why people are shocked or outraged about it, old tactic. I can only guess it's b/c it's Brad doing it and they hate Brad. FYI I'm not a Bruins or Brad fan.

nystromshairstylist

Dec 13, 2009
Should have been a 5 minute major, along with a hard punch to the face. One of my favorite plays of all time, certainly over the last 5 years:

This is what comes to mind when I think of what marchand the idiot did:

rotj_1_1.00077.gif

Reactions: T REX and kgboomer

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I really don't know what to think of this lol

Part of me thinks it's gross and unsanitary and possibly a health issue (like what if he has herpes?)

The other part of me thinks it's hilarious.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I can't believe anyone would get this fired up about such a minor thing. Kissing and licking a oppenent is not a new thing even. Not like he's sticking his tongue in a guys mouth and exchanging bodily fluids.

Personally I wouldn't care, I would laugh and shake my head at him. Really don't get why people are shocked or outraged about it, old tactic. I can only guess it's b/c it's Brad doing it and they hate Brad. FYI I'm not a Bruins or Brad fan.

He's doing it on a weekly basis now, rather than once in a career.

Which means, if the league doesn't step in, we can expect more. It's not reasonable to tell NHL players they can lick each other's mouths, consequence-free.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
League should just issue a statement saying it is not allowed anymore and the next time there will be a suspension. It is really as simple as that.

Can't suspend him because apparently he wasn't warned after the last time and there's nothing in the rule book that states you can't (although there shouldn't have to be...).

I get that Marchand wants to get under the other player's skins, but this is ridiculous and makes hockey look bad.

Reactions: nystromshairstylist

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
My 2 cents:

1)
The NHL needs to get it's act together immediately. If existing unsportsmanlike penalties are enough than enforce them. If they're not enough then make some new rules but this garbage is bad for the game. Off the top of my head, you lick someone, kiss someone, wipe snot on their face etc. you should get 5 minutes + a game misconduct for a first offence, 2nd offence should be 3-5 games. There is no place for this in hockey, period.

2)
You Boston fans defending the guy - how would you feel if Marchand was your son, or brother. Would you be proud of him for doing this? Would you be saying yep, that's my boy or would you be slowly slinking away when people start talking about it. Answer that question honestly, if you do then that should tell you everything you need to know.

3)
TB, please win the next game. The sooner we get this headcase out of the playoffs the better.

4)
I believe Marchand is mentally ill and should be forced seek help. If the NHL rules allow for this, I would suspend him indefinitely and force him to get treatment and until he gets a clean bill of mental health, he can't play, period. That would be for his own good as well as the good of the game. The best outcome would be for him to get treatment over the summer, be cleared to play when the next season begins and for him to issue a public apology, admit that he had issues and has now taken care of these issues and nothing of this sort will ever happen again. That way we can respect the man once again and enjoy his play on the ice. He's a great player, too bad that's being overshadowed by this other crap.

Agreed 100%. Going into the game, I was hoping the B’s we’re going to tie it up last night. I was very happy Tbay won after lickgate, and here’s hoping for a quick game 5. I said it last night, he needs help. My gf’s a psychologist and she couldn’t make heads or tails of it. But there’s a reason, in altercation situations, his brain decides to go to licking another mans mouth. Would yours? Of course not. Cuz the majority of us are “normal”.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Things were a lot easier 30 years ago with no instigator rule. Somebody would have smashed his face, and it's 5 minutes both side even if the little shithead turtled.

Reactions: nystromshairstylist

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
He's doing it on a weekly basis now, rather than once in a career.

Which means, if the league doesn't step in, we can expect more. It's not reasonable to tell NHL players they can lick each other's mouths, consequence-free.

I haven't seen him lick anyone's lips.....IE exchange fluids potentially.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
The fact that this excites Marchand fans really weirds me out. They probably lick their own posts on their screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad