Pre-Game Talk: March 10 - Pens vs. The Cod Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I didn't expect Geno to play tonight but i was hoping DB was gonna say he was day to day makes me nervous when he says he will have an update later on makes u wonder if its something bad

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
At least he doesn't have a concussion. Obviously he got his shoulder dinged pretty good on that hit by JVR. Malkin kind of put himself in a tough spot on that play though. He needs to be careful.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
By the by.. I'll be at this game. Sitting dead center ice. Can't wait. I haven't had a good record as of late so I apologize early for the loss.

Prepare some paper-airplane-based coaching notes and float them onto the bench when Bylsma screws up. ;)

And don't forget to have fun while you're at it. Definitely jealous.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I'm not really surprised about Geno being out. The team probably didn't have their orthopedic surgeon with them at last night's game, and usually team docs do evaluations just before the game if its a game day. That's what I'm hoping.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
This game has letdown written all over it. We're coming off two very emotional games with one against our biggest rival and another in the real mecca of hockey. You could tell the guys were a little more fired up last night because they were playing in Toronto. Now they come home to play a not so glamorous match-up against the Isles. The good news is the Pens are on a roll right now and maybe they'll ride that momentum and guys knowing they have to step up with Geno out to a win. We'll see. Just stay out of the damn box.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
As long as they're minor injuries I don't care. If he'll be fine in a week I'm not going to get worked up.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
One thing I'm concerned about is the fact that they are waiting for swelling to go down before they can identify what's wrong. Hope it's nothing serious.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Where did hear they're waiting for swelling to go down?

Sorry, I worded that poorly.

I'm concerned that the reason they have to re-evaluate a day later is that they needed to wait for the swelling to go down.

I didn't hear it anywhere, it's just a common reason you have to wait or re-evaluate an injury 24hrs later.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
This game has letdown written all over it. We're coming off two very emotional games with one against our biggest rival and another in the real mecca of hockey. You could tell the guys were a little more fired up last night because they were playing in Toronto. Now they come home to play a not so glamorous match-up against the Isles. The good news is the Pens are on a roll right now and maybe they'll ride that momentum and guys knowing they have to step up with Geno out to a win. We'll see. Just stay out of the damn box.

Ya i agree not really expecting much tonight but they got a 6 point lead in the division so a loss wouldn't kill them. One thing im looking forward to seeing is how TV plays I hope he gets back on track where he was early in the season i want the pens to have a plan B if MAF struggles in the playoffs again.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Ya i agree not really expecting much tonight but they got a 6 point lead in the division so a loss wouldn't kill them. One thing im looking forward to seeing is how TV plays I hope he gets back on track where he was early in the season i want the pens to have a plan B if MAF struggles in the playoffs again.
Agreed.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Again, two things I'd like to see regardless of whether the Pens win or lose:

1-Play defensively responsible hockey. This team has looked like a mess too often in the defensive zone. It would be nice if this team could actually hold a lead, rather than let the other team get back into the game before eventually squeaking out a shootout win.

2-Be disciplined. Don't bury yourself by giving the other team a bunch of chances to score on you with the man advantage. This is especially key with how bad the PK has been.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
By the by.. I'll be at this game. Sitting dead center ice. Can't wait. I haven't had a good record as of late so I apologize early for the loss.

Make sure to open your hockey mind to us about anything you see or think in your +/-'s. Your best ones seem to come after you have been at the actual game.

Mo Wanchuk

Embrace the Hate
Mar 16, 2009
Palm Isle
Fillet the fish. I agree this game has letdown written all over it. Hope to see Sid pad his stats and the boys get the W.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Here live in the first niagra club. Lebatt in hand. Bad news...tyler kennedy is on the program..... instant loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad