Pre-Game Talk: March 10 - Pens vs. The Cod Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Engelland benched? lol. Congrats Bylsma, this is now officially the softest team in the NHL. Orpik is almost as worthless as Glass, yet you won't even sit him a shift? Go F yourself you idiot.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens defensive pairs: Orpik-Martin Eatin-Letang Despres-Niskanen. Vokoun starting in net #Pens

ha, penguins twitter account with the typo.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If more regulars start sitting I think that'll be a good thing. Nothing against Engelland, but he can be better.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Yes and Glass, Adams can sit a game here or there too. It's not like our PK is lights out right now. In fact, I'd consider playing Sid more on PK just to make teams hesitate a bit more. It's not like we can get much worse right now.

SteelFish87*

I'm ok w engel land sitting a game out but u got to replace his toughness with Bortuzzo

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yes and Glass, Adams can sit a game here or there too. It's not like our PK is lights out right now. In fact, I'd consider playing Sid more on PK just to make teams hesitate a bit more. It's not like we can get much worse right now.

well with Geno hurt we have all 12 roster forwards playing. We have 2 D in the presser though.

I have no problem with Engo being sat. I just would have liked it to be Bort coming in to keep some size.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Eaton's familiarity with the Isles coaching and personnel probably got him in the lineup for this one.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
How so? I asked for that explanation last night and nobody could provide it. Has it been more 'sub par' than Orpik? Niskanen?

Worse than Niskanen for sure. Orpik? Hard to say. I'd sit Engo and demote Orpik to the third pair to fill Engo's spot. Then we can see. Orpik has been more obviously bad because he plays more against better players. Lighten the load on him and I don't know what he'd do.

Either way, Engo hasn't been very good lately. I do think it could be largely because his partner is changing every damn game so he can't get a rhythm. But if we plan to keep rotating, lets see if the other guys can do it better.

Like I said, I wish it was Bort going in his place to keep the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad