Marc Staal

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Girardi gets totally outplayed when he's on the ice but he's a key component to winning series'? Because that's essentially what you're saying.

I disagree with the premise that "Girardi gets totally outplayed". Our results are indicative that he doesn't. Again, 2nd, 3rd, 7th in the playoffs over the past three years > fancy stats, "below average 1D", "slaughtered", etc... I'll take results. He's top 8 in the league every year in blocked shots.

This year, 4th in team GAA. Last year, 4th. 2012, 4th. Year before that, 3rd. You don't have that kind of consistency with a "below average" scrub playing on the 1st pair.

And what "series" are you talking about? The Cup final? We scored 10 goals in 5 games and lost 3 in OT or 2OT. The whole team was gassed and playing a team that wore them out physically and probably outshot us 2-1 for the series and that's all on Girardi?

I didn't say it doesn't matter. But in the long run, giving up a lot of shots will result in more goals. Those goals can be anything from perfect shots in the slot, to a flukey bounce.

Completely untrue. Quality of shot matters most.

Okay, but Girardi is somehow a better player because he's a good guy? Otherwise, I don't see why this matters.

Where did I say Girardi is a "good guy"? Stop making **** up. I said he's dependable and plays lots of games and is durable. That's valuable to any team.

Girardi isn't a 1st pairing defenseman in my twisted evil world, and I don't care about the money Orpik is getting. I think Girardi is overpaid now, let alone getting anything more.

And I say the team D results > your evil world analysis. Results matter.

Would've traded him before we re-signed him, especially if Sami Vatanen was the piece we would get back, like rumored.

Okay, let's not get into rumors and stuff that never went down and can't be proven. It's useless.

Because he plays on the left side?

Kronwall is one of the most underrated defensemen in the league so that's not a great example.

It is a great example. That's why I used it.

And yep, Wings fans are thrilled that totally useless Daniel Cleary, and turnover machine Jonathan Ericsson are still on the team, despite them having done nothing since losing in the SCF in 2009.

Riiiiiiight... they only finished with 100+ points 3 times in the 4 years there wasn't a lockout and made the playoffs every year. Every player can't be Datsyuk and Listrom.

Comparing the two rosters of players the teams have historically had is silly.

Not really comparing rosters and you're missing the point. Again.

Comparing success making the playoffs by keeping rosters of core players intact. You can't really make an argument to refute that.

In any case, this copy/paste replying is getting to be way too much work. You have your opinion, I have mine and I don't think either of us is going to change our mind any time soon. This is my last follow up to you.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
And yep, Wings fans are thrilled that totally useless Daniel Cleary, and turnover machine Jonathan Ericsson are still on the team, despite them having done nothing since losing in the SCF in 2009.

Cleary you have a point.

That you are actually arguing that Jonathan Ericsson is not a very good defenseman for the Wings blows up any leg you had left to stand on in arguing you have an ability to objectively evaluate defensive talent. The guy is a very competent player for the Wings and plays fine in comparison to a fairly reasonable contract. Wings fans (I am one), who aren't hyperbolic, are fine with him. Please, stahp.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Cleary you have a point.

That you are actually arguing that Jonathan Ericsson is not a very good defenseman for the Wings blows up any leg you had left to stand on in arguing you have an ability to objectively evaluate defensive talent. The guy is a very competent player for the Wings and plays fine in comparison to a fairly reasonable contract. Wings fans (I am one), who aren't hyperbolic, are fine with him. Please, stahp.

Thanks Bob McKenzie. I thought I could be a scout one day but you've shown me the light, guess that dream's dead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad