Marc Staal

Zuccarello Awesome*

No.

There's a greater chance that 1 or both of Eric and Jordan are traded than there is of Marc going to Carolina.

The Canes need to cut $ as far as I've heard, and I can't see Marc going to a crap team like the Hurricanes (who are not only rumored to be making E. Staal available, but Cam Ward as well). I see the Canes rebuilding long before I see them trying to acquire the 4th Staal and go all-in.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
No.. he just experienced the Stanley cup.. IF he leaves he will want to go to a contender, that's not Carolina anytime soon.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
There was a time when I my gut feeling was he would be a Hurricane, but not with the state the Canes are in now. Jordan and Eric were both in trade rumors this season.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He made a comment about Jordan and Eric being jealous of him because he was in the playoffs. Doesn't sound like he would go to a crap team like the canes without a ring.

Mint Berry Crunch

Bring the crunch.
May 8, 2009
Long Island, NY
Gonna go with "no" on this. I may be in the small majority of people that are all for attempting a trade for Eric, so long as they ate some of his salary & it didn't leave dry the little we have in the cupboard nor take important roster players away... yeah, no chance, I know. A boy can dream.

bluedevil58*

My dream as a long-time Canes fan is that Cam Ward is traded.

bluedevil58*

His defense and Gerber won the Canes the cup. Ward just got hot. His contract is killing the team. Paying a goalie 6.3m to be a backup is ridiculous. If he regains form then that is another discussion but I will believe it when I see it.

bluedevil58*

Well Several comes off the books and in all honesty.... He should make more than Marc.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I could see the brothers maybe taking 1 year cheap deals to play together a year before retirement. Other than that i doubt they really care.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Carolina doesn't seem to me anyway to be a contender anytime soon. Maybe he'd like to join his brothers but that's the only reason I can see him wanting to play there.

It's the same with Callahan last year. So many were sure he'd be signing with Buffalo because it was close to his hometown Rochester NY but the guy is pushing 30 and the question I would ask first is does this guy want to win a Cup someday? It's not just money--a good player wants to win sometime before his career is over. I didn't see Callahan going to Buffalo either. Tampa Bay his chances are a lot better IMO.

bluedevil58*

FA next year and my bet is CAR sucks this year...:sarcasm:

I never once implied that my Canes would be good. I just see management making some sort of move for Marc for a marketing stand point. Anyways, mark my words. if the canes do not do well this season Eric will be traded followed by a Cam Ward buy out. I really like Jordan though. I am just sick and tired of Eric's work ethic. He coasts out there for half a season then gets into the "oh **** I need to get 70 points mode" and becomes this beast and we go on a run and lose out on a top 5 pick.

Oh well. Rutherford left this franchise in shambles. Francis at least drafted a d man this off season so that is a start in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zuccarello Awesome*

Gonna go with "no" on this. I may be in the small majority of people that are all for attempting a trade for Eric, so long as they ate some of his salary & it didn't leave dry the little we have in the cupboard nor take important roster players away... yeah, no chance, I know. A boy can dream.

If the Canes retain 15%, we can afford it, but Brassard and Klein would have to either be going back to Carolina or moved in a separate deal.

Kreider E.Staal St. Louis
Hagelin Stepan Nash
Haggerty Miller Zuccarello
Glass Moore Lombardi

McDonagh Girardi
Staal Boyle
Moore Kostka/McIlrath/Allen

Lundqvist
Talbot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad