Confirmed with Link: Marc Savard joins Blues coaching staff

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Bruins scored with 7 guys on the ice. What did the Blues do? Did they complain, or whine to the media/officials? No, they just won the damn game.

The Sharks were allowed to hand pass the puck into the slot for the game winning OT goal. What did the Blues do? They went out and dominated the rest of the series. Berube told the guys specifically not to address it. Don't play the victim card.

I truthfully think the way the teams handled the officiating problems made a difference in the playoffs. The Sharks couldn't cry enough about the officiating(even after being handed a series, and also an OT win in the WCF from the officials). Again in the Finals Cassidy whines about the officiating and several other Bruins. They look around all game begging for calls because they're being dominated 5 v 5. They were helpless. They were smothered. They were defeated. They didn't have the mental fortitude to push on. The Blues did. Sorry, Boston. Your talented team was too soft mentally and choked on home ice. I'm a Blues fan, I've seen my team choke dozens of times in the past. It sucks, I get it, but you're sounding and awful lot like those Canuck fans you've made fun of for years. The Blues just punched the "Big Bad Bruins" in the mouth and they had no answer. Sorry.

It's so weird that there's a narrative that Berube whined about officiating after game 3 and that caused the reffing to change. I get that it's propagated by sore losers but it's so easy to disprove that it's bizarre it's caught on as much as it has. He's clearly calling out his own team for being undisciplined but I guess it's no surprise that people only hear what they want to hear these days.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Berube is a tough ass mofo. He’s the last guy that’s gonna be whining about anything.

He didn’t whine about the hand pass goal at all either. He told the team to move on.

Cassidy whine about calls going back to the first round against Toronto but Bruins fans won’t acknowledge that.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Berube is a tough ass mofo. He’s the last guy that’s gonna be whining about anything.

He didn’t whine about the hand pass goal at all either. He told the team to move on.

Cassidy whine about calls going back to the first round against Toronto but Bruins fans won’t acknowledge that.
I’ve never been much of a Bruins ever in my life, but I have definitely lost all respect for that organization and fan base.

Except for Bergeron and McAvoy.

Bergeron has been one of my favorite players for a long time now and McAvoy is simply electric.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad