Confirmed with Link: Marc Savard joins Blues coaching staff

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nice. Don’t know much about him as a coach but obviously he was a good player and should be able to help the PP.

Excited for the season.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Interesting...anyone know much about Savard as a coach? Is this actually a move to improve the PP, or is that just speculation?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
@TheDizee

Here’s them doing something to address the PP
Memba when the Blues weren't immediately publically addressing their PP issues?

tenor.gif

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Interesting. I don't think he has coaching experience. Even though he hasn't played for 8 years, he only retired last year. He's been carried around on IR for concussions for awhile. I guess he knew Berube, so this is Berube's pick. As a player, he has 292 of his 706 points on the powerplay and he was on the ice for over 400 PP goals (top 200 in NHL history with career PPGF). So he has some good PP experience as a player.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Guess who he played with on the Flames (besides Berube): Daniel Tkazcuk. The Kingmaker’s reign continues

Ott is currently the only coach we have in either the NHL level or AHL level that has not previously played or coached with Tkazcuk. Even Daigneault played with him. Curious about who replaces JJ now that he’s moved to Halifax? Just look at who Tkazcuk played with for your answer.

Reactions: mk80 and Blueston

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Love the fact that the Chief gets to pick his assistant. That's the way to run an organization.

Let's Go Blues!!

Reactions: GoldenSeal

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Interesting...anyone know much about Savard as a coach? Is this actually a move to improve the PP, or is that just speculation?

The Blues press release says he’s been doing some skills coaching in Peterborough, but it wasn’t a full-time gig. He also did pre-game analysis for Toronto last year, and he wouldn’t be the first guy to parlay a media gig into a coaching one (Tortorella being the other one that comes immediately to mind).

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Love the fact that the Chief gets to pick his assistant. That's the way to run an organization.

Let's Go Blues!!
The assistants were pretty inexperienced this year, and this adds to that. I think Robinson’s involvement was mostly Armstrong’s doing. I wonder if there is a role for him at all going forward. I doubt he wants anything full time, but I hope he can keep his fingerprints on that defense.

After Parayko and Pietrangelo’s roles became more simply defined, the defense really took off.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
No resume as an Asst Coach or specifically coaching the PP but an excellent resume playing the PP. Chief clearly believes in him so it’s definitely worth a shot. I like it. Was a big fan of Savard as a player. Very very smart player.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I am cautiously optimistic. Like others, I like the fact that Berube is picking his staff. I am going to pump the brakes on the "our PP is cured!" notion, however. He has no coaching experience. Let's wait and see.

Reactions: dutchblues

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Well I was afraid we wouldnt add any assistant coach for PP problem, but good front office is awake and Berube knows the problem.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Funny how the Big Bad Bruins are now the wee whiny wuins.
But going their own HF board to bash them isn't nice at all, but I know it feels amazing bash people who are fanatics like in Blues board those Allen fanboys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad