Injury Report: Marc Methot - Lower Body - Day to Day

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
UPDATE:
Per Mendes:
We'll get an update soon from MacLean, but the sense is that Methot's injury is not too serious.

Per Mendes:
Marc Methot will not return. Club is calling it lower body. No more details at this time.

Rumour/speculation has it his knee buckled. Unknown severity. Limped off, right knee appears to be the afflicted body part.

Last edited:

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Are you kidding me? We just can't catch a break with injuries, this officially ****ing ridiculous. Better not be serious!

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Now we lost our first and second best defenceman of the season.

Gonchar's come close as well as Wiercioch, but Methot has been our best.

Sensored

May 20, 2004
Ottawa
Apparently, according to Twitter Borowiecki was a game time decision on Friday but didn't play. So we'll get an idea of the severity if he's called up right away.

Sensored

May 20, 2004
Ottawa
Isn't Lebda like a few games away from getting an NHL pension?

Maybe he gets the callup. :sarcasm:

That's something we can take solace in, no matter how bad it gets we're not going to have Brett Lebda playing on our NHL team unlike a certain other Ontario team.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Now we lost our first and second best defenceman of the season.

Gonchar's come close as well as Wiercioch, but Methot has been our best.

Methot has been the most consistent defensive defenceman, but in the last few weeks Gonchar has been the best defenceman on the team - contributing on both ends of the ice.

That said, I hope it’s a minor injury. Any length of time missed will be significant to this team’s chances of retaining it’s current position in the standings.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Didn't look good at all thought maybe high ankle sprain, but he left on one leg and didn't return. Hoping for the best but really didn't look good.

2CHHHHHAAAAIIIIIINNNNNZZZZZ

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I am beginning to dread the Atlantic division. By my count we've lost Spezza, Karlsson and Michalek to the Penguins, Anderson to the Rangers, Lundin to the Flyers and now Methot against the Islanders.

I just hope that Cowen was taken out by the Devils' farm team, or else there's still one more team gunning for us there.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I am beginning to dread the Atlantic division. By my count we've lost Spezza, Karlsson and Michalek to the Penguins, Anderson to the Rangers, Lundin to the Flyers and now Methot against the Islanders.

I just hope that Cowen was taken out by the Devils' farm team, or else there's still one more team gunning for us there.

He actually was injured against New Jersey's AHL affiliate :laugh:

Cowen suited up for only three games this season. He was injured Oct. 6 in a game against the Albany Devils and hasn’t returned since. The B-Sens insisted they were holding him out for precautionary reasons.

Source: http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2012/11/12/20351276.html

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
The hits just keep on coming with this team but somehow we manage to endure. I really hope he's not out for too long.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Ian Mendes said:
MacLean says they will take more time to evaluate Methot. Look for a more substantial update on Wednesday.

That doesn't sound good.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I wouldn't mind if we gave Freddie Claesson a game if the Methot injury is short term. Been playing very well. Boro is the ideal long term option here. I hope we don't get a steady diet of Lundin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad