Injury Report: Marc Methot - Lower Body - Day to Day

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I wouldn't mind if we gave Freddie Claesson a game if the Methot injury is short term. Been playing very well. Boro is the ideal long term option here. I hope we don't get a steady diet of Lundin.

I don't think Claesson is ready just yet, he's been real good but not ready for the jump..Boro needs to get back into playing shape and Wideman would get my nod, if he was a little bit bigger..

Gotta go w/ Lebda, there's a reason he was signed here right Mac? :naughty:

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
It really did look like his knee buckled the way he went down. One moment he's standing, then next he falls straight down, like he knew instinctively to get off his feet asap. I've had that happen a few times, and you know right away to just fall instead of keeping weight on it.

On the plus side, it takes about a week to recover, and only a day or two max to stay off your feet (in my experience).

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don't think Claesson is ready just yet, he's been real good but not ready for the jump..Boro needs to get back into playing shape and Wideman would get my nod, if he was a little bit bigger..

Its gonna be a 10-12 minute type gig if its not a long term injury. Surely, Claesson or Boro could handle that?

Or we could just trade Bishop for Rundbald... :naughty:

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
It really did look like his knee buckled the way he went down. One moment he's standing, then next he falls straight down, like he knew instinctively to get off his feet asap. I've had that happen a few times, and you know right away to just fall instead of keeping weight on it.

On the plus side, it takes about a week to recover, and only a day or two max to stay off your feet (in my experience).

A knee buckling could be from anything though, you can't really compare situations.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
to me it looked like he leg whipped into the boards, hyper extending his knee. hoping it's not too serious.

not sure about wideman, i'd be more comfortable with cleasson if boro or lundin can't go.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Is it just me or did that hit on methot didnt look that bad Im hoping he comes back by thursday

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
A little off topic here, but will Bingampton call up Ceci with the 67's out? All their d-men will be on the Sens or the Sens IR pretty soon.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

This is why I love having members on here that get to see our AHL affiliate on a regular basis. First hand scouting reports.

Do you think with his rate of progress, that Claesson will be ready for a call up sometime next year? I love the kid and want to see him succeed.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
A knee buckling could be from anything though, you can't really compare situations.

All I said is that it looks like something that's happened to me a few times. I don't claim to know what his injury actually is.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The last thing you want to do with Cody Ceci right now is throw him into a situation where he might not be successful. You don't want his first NHL game to feature him getting stapled by Lucic, and ending the night a minus two. He needs a full NHL camp, some exhibition games, and likely a full year in Bingo to adjust to the pro game. I think he'll be a good one, but you aren't setting up for success by bringing him in now. Lebda is a much better short term option.

mikey

Jul 26, 2008
Those who think Ceci is ready need to get their head checked...

He needs AT LEAST a season in the AHL to work on his positioning and handling NHL-type passes, players and for godsakes, men older then 18!

Anyone who saw him in the training camp in January could see that.

Boroweicki will be called up I'm sure.

Poor Binghamton

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Now we lost our first and second best defenceman of the season.

Gonchar's come close as well as Wiercioch, but Methot has been our best.

IMO, we're missing our 1st, 3rd and 9th best defenseman (overall)

#1- Erik Karlsson
#2- Sergei Gonchar
#3- Jared Cowen
#4- Marc Methot
#5- Chris Phillips
#6- Patrick Wiercioch
#7- Eric Gryba
#8- Andre Benoit
#9- Mike Lundin
#10- Mark Boroweicki

Our depth WAS ridiculous, FU injuries.

Note : It's just a matter of time before I put Wier at #4

He actually was injured against New Jersey's AHL affiliate :laugh:

Seriously, wtf is that? Looks like an horror movie to me

The hits just keep on coming with this team but somehow we manage to endure. I really hope he's not out for too long.

Our depth is just unreal. Not only the Sens are top-3 in goals against, but they are starting to score more. 25 goals in the last 7 games (3.57 goals per game). They have been adjusting to life without Spezza, then Michalek, then Karlsson. Not an easy thing to do.

Last edited:

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
IMO, we're missing our 1st, 3rd and 9th best defenseman (overall)

#1- Erik Karlsson
#2- Sergei Gonchar
#3- Jared Cowen
#4- Marc Methot
#5- Chris Phillips
#6- Patrick Wiercioch
#7- Eric Gryba
#8- Andre Benoit
#9- Mike Lundin
#10- Mark Boroweicki

Our depth WAS ridiculous, FU injuries.

Note : It's just a matter of time before I put Wier at #4