GDT: Marc Bergevin to Meet with Media @ 5:30PM ET

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Price not going to AllStar game .

Thank god lol

He has gone to enough of them like Ovechkin ...

Rather him take the time off and the 1 game suspension is weird for Goalies because Niemi may have played either game anymore

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
This clown said he is building for the future...what a joke...if you want to build for the future then trade ...Petry,Byron,Tatar,Shaw,Weber.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Predictably, there is the usual spate of softball questions.

I think it's Marc DeFoy telling him how relaxed he looks, and how he reminds him of the guy they've always known and then asks him how he feels. :laugh:

Last edited:

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Molson and Bergevin have created such low expectations anything this team does they consider it a success....8th getting knocked out in first round ....missing the playoffs in 9th....that is not success that is absolute failure.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Quick update needed. Is Marc wearing plaid pants with a purple blazer? How does his beard/stubble look? How are the chest/bras?

Damn Orange line Metro delay garbage!!!

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Why doesn't the press ask him since he will not trade prospects now....why did he not trade top prospects and 1st round picks when Price was the MVP and you were a 110 point team...like every other GM in the nhl on a contending top team.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
MB said he won't trade a 1st round pick for a short term fix which is good news. He should however be looking to add another 1st and 2nd round picks but I think he'll pretty much stand pat at this years trade deadline if the team is in or close to a playoff spot.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
With all the glaring needs on this team, Martin McGuire asks about Niemi ...

Followed by someone now asking him about this year's "most pleasant surprise".

media-spoonfeeding-cartoon.jpg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This clown said he is building for the future...what a joke...if you want to build for the future then trade ...Petry,Byron,Tatar,Shaw,Weber.
I mean by getting younger, 4 2nds, Suzuki...etc I'd say that he is building for the future... You know you need a team to ice right? You want to trade Petry and Weber? What will the defense be? A mix of young players and bottom pairing dmen struggling A LOT, getting killed, and hindering their growth?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
MB said he won't trade a 1st round pick for a short term fix which is good news. He should however be looking to add another 1st and 2nd round picks but I think he'll pretty much stand pat at this years trade deadline if the team is in or close to a playoff spot.

What if he trades that first rounder for Matt Duchene(he’s a now\future pc?) signs him to big bucks, then he shits the bed and goes back to 50-pt Duchene?

I dunno. I mean he’s saying the right things, but part of me just expects the worst case scenario with this guy.

Reactions: Habsddicted

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Well that went as expected. Almost like I watched that presser 5 times before... Wait, that's exactly what just happened. :ha:

McGuires Corndog

Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I mean by getting younger, 4 2nds, Suzuki...etc I'd say that he is building for the future... You know you need a team to ice right? You want to trade Petry and Weber? What will the defense be? A mix of young players and bottom pairing dmen struggling A LOT, getting killed, and hindering their growth?

Well said..

Our defense outside of those two is a complete cluster f***. I mean you *could* sell one of the two, but selling both is going t set this franchise back further unless your getting vast overpayments...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Ya I'm not worried about Bergevin spending too much at the deadline. He never did it when we had a team ready to compete(which was a major complaint), and he certainly won't be doing it now when he's building for the future.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Marc Bergevin telling the right things.....now let's make the right move.
He often says one thing and do the opposite.

He seems a lot cocky for a GM who had a 1st place team in his division that missed the PO in 2 of the last 3 years and still not sure of making it this year.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

McGuires Corndog

Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Well that went as expected. Almost like I watched that presser 5 times before... Wait, that's exactly what just happened. :ha:

That’s why I don’t watch, I come here to read what was said and watch snippets.

Hardly does any substance come out of these, whether it’s Bergevin or another GM.

I used to get a kick out of Burke’s PCs actually... guy is a loon. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad