GDT: Marc Bergevin to Meet with Media @ 5:30PM ET

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
I hope this isn't just another one of those pressers where he tries to boast himself.

My guess is he is going to talk about all the prospects from WJC and how well they did. Then he'll shortly go back to the team situation before deflecting to Schlemko. After that, he'll probably go back to the team and say that they are just going through a rough patch and that he's always open to conversation for trades that could allow him to better his team.

Reactions: Fixxer

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
The coward Bergevin strikes again has some positive news from the world juniors so he holds a press conference....Weber's surgery tells no one about it then absent from that press conference...this guy is a bloody disgrace.
Nothing stopping the media from asking him some real and hard questions instead of the usual fluff crap.

Call him out, push back against "corporate speak" answers. Demand real answers, but they're all too scared of losing their access so they sit down and take it. I wish they would have him field questions from the fans, it'll be the last time he ever does a press conference I bet.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Nothing stopping the media from asking him some real and hard questions instead of the usual fluff crap.

Call him out, push back against "corporate speak" answers. Demand real answers, but they're all too scared of losing their access so they sit down and take it. I wish they would have him field questions from the fans, it'll be the last time he ever does a press conference I bet.

There would be so many, they would filter out only the ones they wish to answer.

Reactions: Aspirine

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Are you saying you think he'll be fired soon? If so, I highly doubt it. Now would be a truly perplexing time to do it considering his off season and the team's overall performance.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
- Kids at te WJC was encouraging
- The goal is still to make the PO
- Won't morgage future for a quick fix
- If a good opportunity presents itself, we'll look at it
- Centers...eeeeeehh, sorry, LHD are hard to find, they are not available.....

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
The coward Bergevin strikes again has some positive news from the world juniors so he holds a press conference....Weber's surgery tells no one about it then absent from that press conference...this guy is a bloody disgrace.
You guys just keep bitching even though its widely accepted Bergevin had a great summer, the team is much more exciting and competitive than anyone wouldve predicted, and we have a lot of cap space to make future moves should they arise. If you really want to bitch, go be an Oilers fan. Then youll have something to complain about.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's the half-season presser. They do it every year. No reason to look for conspiracy here...

He'll probably throw some praise towards the Habs WJC prospects who played quite well this year as well and it will be much deserved. The kids played very well for the most part. MB will take all the good news he can at this point.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Are you saying you think he'll be fired soon? If so, I highly doubt it. Now would be a truly perplexing time to do it considering his off season and the team's overall performance.
Its hilarious. Like every organization is an open book except Montreal. Why not ask for his tax returns and the hot dog recipe while theyre at it! Lol!

Reactions: scrubadam

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
- Kids at te WJC was encouraging
- The goal is still to make the PO
- Won't morgage future for a quick fix
- If a good opportunity presents itself, we'll look at it
- Centers...eeeeeehh, sorry, LHD are hard to find, they are not available.....

The goal should be to win the Stanley cup and not just make the playoffs. Making the playoffs should be the plan and not the goal. Aim much higher MB. :nod:

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
What are the real answers people want to hear?

My suspicion is some people here just want to hear veiled insults

From my perspective, he has bought himself some time, tough there are plenty of questions that could come to mind. Medias sometimes try to ask the right questions but he just deflects them, kind of like when Radulov signed elsewhere.

Here's a few questions that pop to mind.

Why do you keep trading draft picks and/or NHL players for useless players like Steve Ott, Dwight King, Andreas Martinsen, David Schlemko and Stefan Matteau?

Why do you choose to keep guys like Chaput ans Deslauriers over guys like Jacob de La Rose and Nikita scherbak?

Why did you offer Alzner the money that could have went to Markov, a proven veteran for the Habs?

Reactions: OldCraig71

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Its hilarious. Like every organization is an open book except Montreal. Why not ask for his tax returns and the hot dog recipe while theyre at it! Lol!
I find it funny how people got angry at him because he supposedly lied to them. As if the GM is going to reveal his gameplan to the general public for everyone else to know including other teams. I don't expect to hear much other than him praising his team and staff.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
There would be so many, they would filter out only the ones they wish to answer.
Probably right.

No, I'm saying if he faced questions from the fans, who have no press passes to worry about, he would have to answer some tough questions and push back against the usual BS he gives. Once that happens, he'll stop doing PCs so he won't have to face the fan questions.

You guys just keep *****ing even though its widely accepted Bergevin had a great summer, the team is much more exciting and competitive than anyone wouldve predicted, and we have a lot of cap space to make future moves should they arise. If you really want to *****, go be an Oilers fan. Then youll have something to complain about.
Widely accepted by whom? What are the results of that "great" summer? We're outside the playoffs trying to squeeze in with no hope of winning the cup, we have no real #1 center(Kotka still has ways to go before actually becoming a real #1), still missing a couple of top 6 wingers and a couple of top 4 d. We score more goals and we let them in by the bucket loads as well, our record against playoff teams is abysmal, and we don't seem to have a direction. The retool seems to have been paused and we're not going all in trying to win it all because we're missing too many pieces to fix via trades. So tell me again, what's so great about Bergevin?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Wow whats with the negative reaction. I thought fans wanted to hear more from MB/Molson?

If he doesn't do a conference he is hiding and chicken and not transparent.

If he does one then he is blasted.

People on here are like cockroaches. They wait until the Habs lose a game and post the same stuff they've said since 2013 like anyone cares lol.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Many of us still don't like the job he's doing so that's also been the same situation the past few years and that isn't gonna change either.
i'm not sure what this even means...

The team has pre-planned press conferences in which the GM addresses the state of the team, there are about 4 or 5 of them per year...this is one of them.

That's it.

He's not going to reveal anything today, there will be nothing noteworthy...if you don't like the job he's doing, that's certainly your prerogative and in that vein, i'd suggest you don't bother tuning in.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Many of us still don't like the job he's doing so that's also been the same situation the past few years and that isn't gonna change either.
Some do despite the glaring evidence that he has not done a good job and are willing to shove it all under the rug because of Nick Suzuki, Tomas Tatar and Max Domi and here we are paying Alzner and potentially Schlemko 7 million between them to play in the minors and those were guys that Bergevin and many "experts" here said would make the team better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad