GDT: Marc Bergevin to Meet with Media @ 5:30PM ET

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
You guys just keep *****ing even though its widely accepted Bergevin had a great summer, the team is much more exciting and competitive than anyone wouldve predicted, and we have a lot of cap space to make future moves should they arise. If you really want to *****, go be an Oilers fan. Then youll have something to complain about.
WAKE UP.....great summer which is up for debate....it does not make up for not getting a bloody center for 6 years......and signing Alzner and not spending his cap space to try and win.

Reactions: habsgirl5000

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
People on here are like cockroaches. They wait until the Habs lose a game and post the same stuff they've said since 2013 like anyone cares lol.

Who you callin a cockaroach?
giphy.gif

Reactions: David Suzuki

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Some do despite the glaring evidence that he has not done a good job and are willing to shove it all under the rug because of Nick Suzuki, Tomas Tatar and Max Domi and here we are paying Alzner and potentially Schlemko 7 million between them to play in the minors and those were guys that Bergevin and many "experts" here said would make the team better.
Again...i'm not sure what liking the job he's done or not has to do with this pre-planned scrum with the media

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
The coward Bergevin strikes again has some positive news from the world juniors so he holds a press conference....Weber's surgery tells no one about it then absent from that press conference...this guy is a bloody disgrace.
...what?

Every year the Habs do a mid-season press conference to say the same recycled lines. What makes this year any different? The players at the World Juniors had nothing to do with it.

Do you think that if none of the Habs prospects won a medal and like.. f***ing Denmark won gold that Bergevin wouldn't be speaking to the media today? That's insane if you do.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
- Kids at te WJC was encouraging
- The goal is still to make the PO
- Won't morgage future for a quick fix
- If a good opportunity presents itself, we'll look at it
- Centers...eeeeeehh, sorry, LHD are hard to find, they are not available.....
Im willing to bet 10000$ he says the bolded part word for WORD, i mean youre 100% right about everything but i think the bolded part gets said VERBATIM lmao

Reactions: Edgy

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Some do despite the glaring evidence that he has not done a good job and are willing to shove it all under the rug because of Nick Suzuki, Tomas Tatar and Max Domi and here we are paying Alzner and potentially Schlemko 7 million between them to play in the minors and those were guys that Bergevin and many "experts" here said would make the team better.

Don't notice that... LOOK AT TARTAR!!!! LOOOK DAMN YOU!! :sarcasm:

I'm tired of hearing the same trash spew from this guys mouth. His words mean nothing to be because he lies.

I will look forward to a Coles notes version of the presser where I can quickly look at his cliques which posters have likely accurately predicted and save myself some time and stress.

bless you souls for watching nonsense to condense and boil it down for people such as myself !

:nod:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

None of us are paying that money, and the team now has one of the lowest payrolls in the league. Those mistakes are pretty easily swept under the rug. I couldn't care less if the habs ownership has to pay money for Alzner.

It makes the habs viable for free agents that may actually have an impact in the future.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
The coward Bergevin strikes again has some positive news from the world juniors so he holds a press conference....Weber's surgery tells no one about it then absent from that press conference...this guy is a bloody disgrace.

I just showed this post to my friend to show him how people talk about the Habs on the internet. I couldn't convince him that this post was serious.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
What are the real answers people want to hear?

My suspicion is some people here just want to hear veiled insults

- What direction is the team going ( we seem to be putting the emphasis on drafting well but are also holding on to vets for too long).
- Why are we employing a strategy that has the least chance of success in the modern NHL( being a team in the middle while missing required pieces to challenge for a cup)?
- We understand there are no guarantees when drafting prospects but look at all these teams that are having success based on the lottery draft and very few are doing so while picking up stars in the later rounds.
- The team is better this year but that's not too surprising based off the disaster of last year's results. Do you think this young core can eventually challenge for a cup?

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
- Kids at te WJC was encouraging
- The goal is still to make the PO
- Won't morgage future for a quick fix
- If a good opportunity presents itself, we'll look at it
- Centers...eeeeeehh, sorry, LHD are hard to find, they are not available.....
Damn you are good ;)

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Hopefully this is a press conference to announce Bergevin is being fired or Molson is selling the team.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Nothing like a little MB talk to get things a bit heated around here. :)

When can we expect the new board rule that people can't talk negative about MB anymore because a select few don't like reading it. Worked for the tank talk.

I was going to respond to a post but got an error, refreshed and the post had been deleted by a mod ... :(

I just hate that he (marc ) is going to spew trash and walk on the fence as other posters have stated. He will get soft ball questions " The team has improved dramatically from last year.... what do you attribute to this ?
" Are you pleased with the play of Max Domi and Carey Price"
" What are you intentions at the TDL"

instead of something with substance such as suggested by @KotkaSpicy

Or.... " Your powerplay is terrible, what are you going to to do to help your coaching staff with this issue"

See that? That is a legitimate question that puts marc on the spot about something that is a glaring weakness and has been for several years which has been not addressed.

At least he can say we got some centers now..... only took 6 bloody seasons.... Well done.... :clap:

Reactions: Pickles and sheed36

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I find it funny how people got angry at him because he supposedly lied to them. As if the GM is going to reveal his gameplan to the general public for everyone else to know including other teams. I don't expect to hear much other than him praising his team and staff.

So if he's "working the phones" as he usually says looking to make the team better, he's not actually calling other GMs so that they won't know his plan? Genius!
And if he's looking to rebuild through the draft and trade some vets for picks and prospects, he's still not calling the other GMs to see what they're willing to offer in order not to reveal his game plan? Brilliant!

No wonder we can never trade for anyone or sign anyone, the guy is probably calling his tailor or something instead of other GMs.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Bashing MB for bashing sake again.....

Just a half season presser. Relax !
He is being bashed because most knowledgeable fans know that despite a decent summer he has been a train wreck as a GM for 7 years. We saw the dismantling without rhyme or reason. I won’t ever forget the destruction without a plan. Oh by the way....this team currently assembled by Bergevin is the smallest team in the league. He is in the Mike Milbury sweepstakes as a GM

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
He is being bashed because most knowledgeable fans know that despite a decent summer he has been a train wreck as a GM for 7 years. We saw the dismantling without rhyme or reason. I won’t ever forget the destruction without a plan. Oh by the way....this team currently assembled by Bergevin is the smallest team in the league. He is in the Mike Milbury sweepstakes as a GM
100% agreed

Reactions: Tyson

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
None of us are paying that money, and the team now has one of the lowest payrolls in the league. Those mistakes are pretty easily swept under the rug. I couldn't care less if the habs ownership has to pay money for Alzner.

It makes the habs viable for free agents that may actually have an impact in the future.
So you obviously mean free agents with a much higher caliber of play than a guy getting 5 million a year to basically just be here? It was a terrible signing and probably the only credible offer that Karl recieved and it was proclaimed that he would make our D better, what made them think that about him? Who made that decision?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Again...i'm not sure what liking the job he's done or not has to do with this pre-planned scrum with the media
I guess it's just from listening to him for the last 7 years, he just spews the same crap but in reality I think that he has been basically doing things on the fly for most of his tenure. I just wish he would stop doing them and just retire into the foxhole or something, it's old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad