Marc Bergevin - Road Closed for Repair Edition

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Honestly that was not my intention. I remember when he was brought on everyone was asking why...it appeared at the time as a case of pure nepotism
Could’ve been, I was just asking what his qualifications were cause I didn’t know his background

Reactions: Tyson

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well the answer wasn't completely wrong. Nick Carrière was a losing coach in the NCAA-Div3.
Making the jump from Div3 to AHL is comparable to making the jump from Junior B to AHL.. With a losing record over almost a decade to boot. It's (probably) unprecedented.
This is the kind of answer I was looking for.....thanks

Reactions: Tyson and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
What’s Wither?

I was looking to make a play on words based upon GOT's "Winter is coming."

Transposing that to MB, I substituted "Winter" by "Wither". It's not grammatically correct as wither is a verb, however, its meaning works with a doomsday scenario ascribed to MB.

"Whiter" means "to fall into decay or decline."

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well the answer wasn't completely wrong. Nick Carrière was a losing coach in the NCAA-Div3.
Making the jump from Div3 to AHL is comparable to making the jump from Junior B to AHL.. With a losing record over almost a decade to boot. It's (probably) unprecedented.

Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, I remember several posts when he was hired claiming that he never developed any player that made it to the NHL over the length of his tenure in NCAA.

The crass, abject promotion of mediocrity under MB characterized his first personnel moves, most of which amazingly held over until the end of the 2017-18 season.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Good thing this thread is about MB, and not the franchophone media...

Besides that, if MB did his job half as well as the Franco media did, needless to say we'd be better off
The franco media are perimeter pansies, when it comes to MB...........glad to see at least one guy has had enough.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is this candidate still considered French :laugh:

200.gif

He probably doesn't mime with a québécois accent, so no. :laugh:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Top marks for correctly spelling "could've."

On this forum, it's an accomplishment.
This board has its moments. It's not bad. Who's perfect with grammar? And whom are the rules for anyway?

Reactions: Chili

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I was looking to make a play on words based upon GOT's "Winter is coming."

Transposing that to MB, I substituted "Winter" by "Wither". It's not grammatically correct as wither is a verb, however, its meaning works with a doomsday scenario ascribed to MB.

"Whiter" means "to fall into decay or decline."
Now I understand. Never watched the series but heard it was good.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
When they sense he's done they's all come out with the knives.
Their senses aren't quite effective... For how much long there's this blackout. Kinda almost zero live critics on him.

I despise when they say uh Marc. And blah yada etcetera...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad